ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I mix incomes to meet the financial eligibility ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noelnoelnoel
Newly Registered

Can I mix incomes to meet the financial eligibility ?

Post by noelnoelnoel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here and grappling with a spouse application (5 year route).

So, as a supply teacher I am moving from employer to employer and so I have to apply under the rule saying that if you've less than 6 months with current employer then your whole years total must exceed £18,600 - and I'd need to provide proof of that.
(I think I've got that right - any feedback would be good).

So I'm wanting to speed the application up (having reached £13,500 earnings so far this year) and I wonder if anyone can answer me this;
Can I add taxable income from carers allowance to my earned income?

(Until March this year I was a carer for for my father).

Thanks, I hope that's clear,

I hope to hear from you soon.................................................
Noel

SoHopeful

Re: Can I mix incomes to meet the financial eligibility ?

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:14 pm

FYI if you are with an employment agency who supplies these jobs you can use Cat A.
If not... I believe the minimum amount for savings is £16K.
I am not aware that you can add previous periods as a carer - i think that would have to be the case at the time of application. If anyone knows any different hopefully they can correct me.