ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maiden name on English certificate (IELTS)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Maiden name on English certificate (IELTS)

Post by theelite16 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:42 am

Hi everyone

I had a query I was hoping someone could help me with.

What happens if the English certificate is in the maiden name but the visa application is in the married name? She did her test in March 2015, prior to marriage.

My wife changed her name after marriage and her new passport reflects this. All of the other documents (TB certificate, etc) are in the married name.

I have also submitted certified copies of her old passport, and the original NADRA family registration form (showing maiden name).

Will there be any problem here?

Thanks

shakoorh

Re: Maiden name on English certificate (IELTS)

Post by shakoorh » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Same situation with me with City and Guilds certificate. But was told by immigration adviser that it didn't matter. I made sure to include a copy of my wife's old passport and new passport. I don’t think it matters because when my wife's Visa was refused, none of the refusal reasons said anything about the name issue.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Maiden name on English certificate (IELTS)

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 am

Insha'Allah it'll be alright.

I did read the guidance and they said that they match the details and results from the certificate from the name, DOB and passport number. I've provided all of these details so there really shouldn't be a problem.