ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband has a criminal conviction.Will my visa ext be ok?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mythbust
BANNED

My husband has a criminal conviction.Will my visa ext be ok?

Post by mythbust » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 pm

My husband has a conviction for our smacking children. First offence. How serious will this be? Is he still be valid to support my visa as his dependent?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: My husband has a criminal conviction.Will my visa ext be

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 pm

mythbust wrote:My husband has a conviction for our smacking children. First offence. How serious will this be? Is he still be valid to support my visa as his dependent?
Seriously?

Not being facetious but since when has this been an offence? Was it smacking or hitting? i.e. causing bruising etc?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Wanderer wrote: Seriously?

Not being facetious but since when has this been an offence? Was it smacking or hitting? i.e. causing bruising etc?
It's very recently. Smaking and bruising, under charge. Likely will he be jailed? This is the 1st time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

How is your child?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Casa wrote:How is your child?
No problem at all now. Just some bruises. It seems this is classified as criminal offence in UK. Quite different from where we came from.

stormystar99
Newly Registered

Post by stormystar99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:26 pm

It is a criminal offence to assault your children which is clearly what happened here. Smacking does not lead to bruises, smacking does not lead to arrest. To be honest you have far bigger problems than your immigration. You could lose your children, your husband could go to prison. If you want to leave in this country, learn the rules, especially where children are concerned. I work in this area so I know what I'm talking about. We do not condone beating our kids in this country and I for one am proud of that! Your husband would not have been arrested for one or two smacks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Wanderer wrote:
mythbust wrote:My husband has a conviction for our smacking children. First offence. How serious will this be? Is he still be valid to support my visa as his dependent?
Seriously?

See also Smacking / assault.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:29 pm

stormystar99 wrote:It is a criminal offence to assault your children which is clearly what happened here. Smacking does not lead to bruises, smacking does not lead to arrest. To be honest you have far bigger problems than your immigration. You could lose your children, your husband could go to prison. If you want to leave in this country, learn the rules, especially where children are concerned. I work in this area so I know what I'm talking about. We do not condone beating our kids in this country and I for one am proud of that! Your husband would not have been arrested for one or two smacks.
@stormystar99 Thank you. +1
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:38 am

stormystar99 wrote:You could lose your children, your husband could go to prison. If you want to leave in this country, learn the rules, especially where children are concerned.
It's quite a big trap for many immigrants. We're never informed about this newly enforced law, while most locals have learned about this for 10 years.

It's yet unconvicted. Are you solicitor? In what case my husband will be jailed and how long?

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:57 am

vinny wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Seriously?

See also Smacking / assault.
That is a great link! Clearly sets out the boundaries for physical punishment. To leave bruises on a child is totally unacceptable and I doubt that knowledge of the law would have prevented this incident. Compassion, love and respect for a child's safety should make it common sense that you do not hit a child to the extent that there are bruises. In any case, hitting a child in anger often results in a child growing up to believe that violence is the answer.

I am afraid that your attitude in minimizing the event makes me angry. You don't even seem to consider your child in all of this, all you are worried about is the outcome for your husband.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:46 pm

[quote="michali"]
That is a great link! Clearly sets out the boundaries for physical punishment. To leave bruises on a child is totally unacceptable and I doubt that knowledge of the law would have prevented this incident. Compassion, love and respect for a child's safety should make it common sense that you do not hit a child to the extent that there are bruises. In any case, hitting a child in anger often results in a child growing up to believe that violence is the answer.

I am afraid that your attitude in minimizing the event makes me angry. You don't even seem to consider your child in all of this, all you are worried about is the outcome for your husband.[/quote]

I shall respect your viewpoint. Are you from Sweden? Liberal politics has a charming power, and traditional family values in front of it have a nature of shameful sin.

Have you parents smacked you ever? Do you hate them? BBC recently reported a murder of a girl by her bad company. Her parents stood out to blame social workers. Why? Because the law forbidden them to regulate their child from bad guys. The only way to prevent this were social workers, legally.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:59 pm

"regulate their child from bad guys", Do you mean by beating them? Or have I misunderstood as your post isn't at all clear?
To return to your original question, your ILR application shouldn't be affected by your husband's criminal charge, unless you are implicated with him in the crime. However, your husband is unlikely to be granted British citizenship for 10 years or more, if at all.
Also be aware that your children may be placed on the Child Protection Register for their own safety.
(Casa, not CR001)

stormystar99
Newly Registered

Post by stormystar99 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 am

I was going to give you a response with advice on what is likely to happen next etc. But given your latest post, I just don't want to! You are a hideous person to be honest. I don't know what your husbands status is, but he could be recommended for deportation upon conviction, which yes will mess up your status! Social services will be investigating, if they haven't started already, and almost certainly your children will be deemed "at risk".

Oh and for your information, I have done a lot of work with young gang members, many of them had parents who thought they could beat them into being "good". It didn't work. They may not "hate" their parents but there's no bond there either. That's why they turn to the gang, for the support they never had at home. Clearly none of us can get through to you. But mark my words, if you continue to beat your children you will come to realise one day that all you've done is filled them with hate instead of love.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 am

mythbust wrote:
stormystar99 wrote:You could lose your children, your husband could go to prison. If you want to leave in this country, learn the rules, especially where children are concerned.
It's quite a big trap for many immigrants. We're never informed about this newly enforced law, while most locals have learned about this for 10 years.
Not a question of law, it's a question of common decency, hitting children is assault and the act of a Neanderthal.

It's the duty of any immigrant to familiarise themselves with the local law, as it is for locals, ignorance is no excuse.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:50 pm

It seems it's true I'm in huge troubles. SS threatens me to bring my child away from me. I never smack my child. The father (separated) just smacked once due to special reason. But SS doubts a single mom (dad has been restrained) cannot bring child up well.

I digged a bit deeper. Actually there is a huge interest-chain behind this,

"Foster families get average £400/week per child(some up to £1000!), and the private agencies charge more than £1500:week or more to local authorities plus of course £27,000 for placing a child with an adoptive family. Barristers and solicitors acting for the local authority,the guardian,the mother,the father,and the children routinely collect their fees for simply agreeing to interim care orders, a process involving virtually no legal work at all."

It seems I could be framed up to have my child snatched by these "chained interests". What could I do to protect my child?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:01 pm

What can you do to protect your child? Well for a start, you could have ensured that he/she wasn't beaten by your husband. Social Services are no doubt rightly concerned that a. your husband would still have access to your child, putting the child in danger and b. You can't be trusted to ensure maltreatment doesn't continue.
If the Home Office contact SS about the situation, you could well be refused ILR if there is an indication that you were involved with your husband in the abuse. As another member has already commented, you seem more concerned about your visa than you do about the safety and care of your child.
Do you honestly think that the Council's Social Services take children into care simply to pay foster parents out of Council funds? :roll: This isn't about money...it's about ensuring your child doesn't end up as another tragic statistic, either gravely injured or even worse with a loss of life...and one parent has just stood by and let it happen.
Edit: reading through your post again, it appears that in any event you don't qualify for a visa extension as your husband's dependent as you say you are separated. You are no longer living together in a subsisting relationship, which will now be held on official records.
(Casa, not CR001)

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 am

Dear Casa,

Thanks for your reply. It seems you are trying to attack me literally. But I wish you could show your human conscience to new immigrants here, rather than like a legal robot.

As you know, I'm here to seek for useful advice. If you do a bit web research, you know this child protection has been notoriously referred to as "child trafficking" by British folks. SS and their favored fosters (many of them are relatives/friends of SS) wouldn't mind take more money from council, would they?

It's a system driven by money. Inevitably, corruption can be seen. And I'm in the trap now. SS can say anything they want in their reports. Many local British families suffered from this tricky game. As new immigrants, how could we protect us from this dirty game? Hope I can have some constructive suggestion and help.

Best regards,

Mythbuster

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:55 am

Actually, if SS wants to take your kid, they can simply claim you are emotionally unstable. Then kids can be taken for protection from "your emotion". This has been happening in many previous cases.

Their friends/kins are waiting for them to snatch other's kids for benefits, and that's how this system really works beneath the "descent" table. I didn't say this is always true, but time by time, and frequently heard of on the web.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:39 am

As a matter of interest, how was the incident reported to the police and by whom? Was it by your GP or hospital?
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 am

mythbust wrote:Dear Casa,

Thanks for your reply. It seems you are trying to attack me literally. But I wish you could show your human conscience to new immigrants here, rather than like a legal robot.

As you know, I'm here to seek for useful advice. If you do a bit web research, you know this child protection has been notoriously referred to as "child trafficking" by British folks. SS and their favored fosters (many of them are relatives/friends of SS) wouldn't mind take more money from council, would they?

It's a system driven by money. Inevitably, corruption can be seen. And I'm in the trap now. SS can say anything they want in their reports. Many local British families suffered from this tricky game. As new immigrants, how could we protect us from this dirty game? Hope I can have some constructive suggestion and help.

Best regards,

Mythbuster
Absolute tosh! My brother is a social worker, he'll laugh his male appendage off reading this twaddle.....

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 am

[quote="Wanderer"]
Absolute tosh! My brother is a social worker, he'll laugh his male appendage off reading this twaddle.....[/quote]

Thanks for your shining comments. The world is bright, we all wish to believe.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:08 am

I don't know which country you live in but changes came in for England.
If your husband (the main visa holder) is put in prison or is detained, his dependants no longer get free NHS in England. These were changes brought in for NHS England from April 2015.

Another change from April 2015 for England, is that foreign children put into care will now get free NHS.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 am

mythbust wrote:Is he still be valid to support my visa as his dependent?
mythbust wrote: The father (separated) just smacked once due to special reason. But SS doubts a single mom (dad has been restrained) cannot bring child up well.
If you are now telling SS you are separated, then how can he support your visa as his dependant?

mythbust wrote:It seems I could be framed up to have my child snatched by these "chained interests". What could I do to protect my child?
SS will investigate as from what you have said it seems you weren't protecting your child.

From your first post it read as if you were more concerned about how this would affect you and your husband.