ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR NATURALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aditvikram
Newly Registered

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR NATURALISATION

Post by aditvikram » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Dear Members,
I recieved my ILR in Oct 2014 last year and had given my Life in the UK test in Sep 2014. Now, I am applying for Naturalisation.
The application form has an option to prove the English Language requirement:
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013"
Question: As I had given my degree certificate earlier while applying my ILR after Oct 2013, DO I give these docs again and prove this. Or the above clause could be ticked and I do not have to prove this requirement again.
Please kindly advise urgently. Grateful for replies.

Thanks
Adi

aditvikram
Newly Registered

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT FOR NATURALISATION

Post by aditvikram » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Any replies/suggestions would be useful please.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Reading the FAQs would have helped.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aragon

Post by aragon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm

aditvikram wrote:Dear Members,
I recieved my ILR in Oct 2014 last year and had given my Life in the UK test in Sep 2014. Now, I am applying for Naturalisation.
The application form has an option to prove the English Language requirement:
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013"
Question: As I had given my degree certificate earlier while applying my ILR after Oct 2013, DO I give these docs again and prove this. Or the above clause could be ticked and I do not have to prove this requirement again.
Please kindly advise urgently. Grateful for replies.

Thanks
Adi
There is an option to tick in the AN form that you have already proved your english language requirement when you applied ILR. However, even though i ticked it, my NCS lady asked for those docs.. just to be on a safer side. I sent it again with my application.

IZM2013
Newly Registered

Post by IZM2013 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:34 am

Dear Members,
I completed degree from UK and bit confused which below option is applicable for naturalization English requirement . is it both or just ii?.

1.22 I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country

thanks,

Izm