ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about travel before acquiring british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yash001

Query about travel before acquiring british passport

Post by Yash001 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi All,

Appreciate if somebody can help me with this query. I have recently received citizenship approval from home office and I have booked my ceremony for next month but I need to travel urgently next month to India. I was thinking to travel to India after completing the ceremony but I won't have time to apply for British passport. I have been advised that I can travel using my Indian passport however I just want to know what I need to show while entering UK. Is it my ILR? or Ceremony Certificate?

Regards,
Yash

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query about travel before acquiring british passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Is it my ILR? or Ceremony Certificate?
Both would be best.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Query about travel before acquiring british passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:14 pm

And remember that you would have penalised (such as fines or issues with OCI/travel visa) for using your Indian passport 90 days after the naturalisation ceremony. so, remember to get back to the UK within 90 days.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.