ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nouroloyoun
Newly Registered

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by Nouroloyoun » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Update
Finally the wait is over I have received the famous brown envelope on Saturday 17october dated 14th .I must say that I contacted my mp on the 7th October but have not heard from her yet,and requested my passport back because I need to travel urgently as my mum is ill, seems that they sent me back my docs along the approval letter the next day I submitted my request.Anyway good luck to anyone still waiting .

butterfly15
Newly Registered

Post by butterfly15 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 pm

[quote="butterfly15"]Eligibility criteria: Spouse of BC
Language criteria met: C1 CEFR
Current nationality: Brazilian
Method of application: NCS Brighton
Date of application: 14/04/2015
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 08/05/2015
Date of Biometrics letter: 08/05/2015
Date of Biometrics done : 13/05/2015
Date approval received: 19/08/2015
Date of ceremony: 14/09/2015

Just updating my process has now finished!!! Awaiting passport now. :D

viki83

Post by viki83 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

For ceremony, were you offered only this date or a range of date and timeslots during that day?
mimanchee wrote:Finally, my brown envelope came. FYI, I called HO last Wednesday (14th Oct) to ask for an update on my application. The woman at HO (irresponsibly) answered "It's still under consideration". I asked what that meant, she said that means I'd have to wait a bit longer and she didn't know for how long.

I was on the verge of contacting my MP then I received the approval letter on Saturday morning and it dated 6th October. I'm sure the HO call centre just give you standard answers to get you off the phone. I know this has happened to a few other people so don't lose hope.

Anyway, all is forgiven now :)

Eligibility criteria: 10 year LR + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 1st April
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2nd April
Date of debit or clearance of fees: April 25th
Date of acknowledgment: a few days after
Date of Approval Received: 17th October (dated 6th October)
Date of Ceremony: 21st October

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation

Post by ijaz75ak » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Name:Nawal Ijaz
Application Type:Child MN1
Council:Wandsworth
Application date:21/04/2015
H.O recv Date:22/04/2015
Payment Debit card :18/05/2015
Biometric Letter recved :21/05/2015(dated 18/05/15)
Biometric taken:22/05/2015
Acknowledgement letter :23/05/2015(dated 18/05/15)
Approval :28/09/2015
Certificate Recvd:01/10/2015

syedimran83
Newly Registered

Post by syedimran83 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Just Booked ceremony - here are the complete details

Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1 + 1 year
Language criteria: LIUK + Degree taught in English
Current nationality: India
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS Redbridge
Date of application: 09/04/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:05/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment:
Date of Biometrics Letter Recieved:09/05/2015 (Dated on : 05/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done:11/05/2015
Date approval received: 17/102015 (Dated on : 10/10/2015)
Date of ceremony: 04/11/2015

Jesussaves1
Newly Registered

Post by Jesussaves1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Thank God! To God alone be all the glory!!the much awaited brown envelope arrived today!

Below is my timeline:

Eligibility: 10years + 1 year ILR + LIUK test certificate
Current Nationality: Nigerian
Date of application: 17/04/2015
Date of receipt by the HO: 20/04/2015 (Royalmail Tracking)
Method of application: Post Office(Self)
Payment method: Bank Draft
Date fees cleared : 20/05/2015
Date of acknowledgement: Never received
Date Biometric letter received: 04/06/2015
Date Biometrics done: 04/06/2015
Date of approval : 16/10/2015
Date approval letter received: 20/10/2015
Date of citizenship ceremony : To be booked (awaiting invitation letter)

Useful info:
I had 3points on my license which had been imposed by the court (May 2015)after i challenged the Police PCN issued and went to court. The offence(very debatable! police van travelling in opposite direction had adjudged that i had jumped the light when i had moved just before) had been committed, August 2014.And because the court hearing was still pending (case was heard in May 2015) at the point of my application(April 2015), i didn't declare it on my application form. Although i sent an email to the Home Office the day after the court convicted me but because i had not received an acknowledgement letter or email from the Home Office at the time, and therefore had no application reference number, i just wrote: ''I will like to inform your good office that 3points had been imposed on my license''. I just put my name alone on the email, that's all. The idea was to have a sort of evidence of declaration, should there be need. But the lack of acknowledgement and a reference number for the application at the time may have played as an advantage.......I really don't know but I just thank God that it didn't affect my outcome eventually.

Also, i had contacted my MP's office two weeks ago to help with getting an update on my application,and the secretary was very helpful. Infact, she already informed me yesterday that my application had been approved last Friday( The Home Office operator i spoke with just told me that a letter had been sent but could not tell me the outcome, which my MP's office got for me in less than 15mins yesterday before i got my letter today(20/10/15). Contacting the MP looks like a good move in any case.

Thank you to all who posted their timelines on this forum, and special thanks to Caffeine for starting the thread. This forum has been a source of succour during the hard time of waiting. Knowing that you are not alone in the boat can be very comforting. And seeing people who had also been waiting like you, getting their approvals has kept hope alive. Well done to everyone who has kindly supplied useful info whilst also posting positive and encouraging comments.

The service standards from the Home Office really has to be raised!! the delay without any update is very frustrating to say the least.

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting, i pray that yours will come soon too without any more delay in jesus name!! God bless you all.

r_user_1105
Newly Registered

Post by r_user_1105 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Finally!! :-)

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS(Exeter)
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 09/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/04/2015
Date of debit of fees: 06/05/2015
Date of biometrics: 16/05/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of receipt of approval: 20/10/2015(10th Oct)
Date of Ceremony: 29/10/2015

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum - Been really helpful! Only piece of advise to those who are waiting - Be patient - I know it's hard - But worth it!

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Really happy to every one got approvel. ..and pry for them who still waiting ..........do any body know how long take for passport Interview take after send passport application from post off check and send ?

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Mind_The_Gap wrote:
Mind_The_Gap wrote:
theflare_007 wrote:Just 16 more days and it will be 6 months exactly for my application.

I ended up contacting my local MP and a letter has been sent to ukba to check the progress on my application, lets see how long they will take to reply my MP.

Iwill suggest everyone who has been waiting from more than 5 months to contact their local MPs and raise thia issue.

I havnt sent any email to ukba as i am sure it will be a waste of time and also they do not provide you any update or info via email.

Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still on the ladder
Second this. If you're nearing six months, best to get in touch with your local MP.

Feel free to use my template

Subject: Naturalisation - Home Office Ref XXXXXXXXXXX

Good morning XXXXXX,

I have a quick query if I may.

I applied for naturalisation through the XXXXXXX Borough NCS about six months ago - Home Office case reference number XXXXXXX.

I was informed that 95% of applications are processed well within six months, most in two or perhaps three.

My naturalisation application is pretty straightforward. Could you possibly please inquire as to the status of my application?

Kind regards,

XXXXXXX
Your address (Parliamentary rules state you must include this in the email to your MP)
Mobile number

Reply from MP

Thank you for your email. I have spoken to the Home Office and I am told that your application is under active consideration. I am told that you made the application on 14 April 2015 and so the six months wouldn’t be until 14 October 2015. Additionally, naturalisation applications are taking longer than normal at the moment due to the increased checks that are having to be made due to the increased security situation.

Further update from my MP’s office:

“I have just spoken to the Home Office in depth. We think you were given wrong information – the service standard is still 95% to be dealt with in 6 months. Your case was last worked on 13 October though extra checks are now required outside the Home Office and this means it is part of the 5% that is not met within 6 months.”
Sadly, the wait continues. Called the Home Office today. Oddly enough the person on the phone was rather helpful. Took down my details and told me while he couldn’t do anything, he’d log them into the system and forward them on to the team who is processing the application.
Received a call a few minutes ago from UK Immigration and Visas.
“Your application is still being processed.”
I asked if they knew how much longer this may take.
“No timeline.”

Oh well, not much else to do other than twiddle my thumbs and wait.

---------------
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1(G) 5 years + ILR 1 year
Language criteria: LIUK + IELTS (2009)
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS Wandsworth
Date of application: 13/04/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometric invitation: 13/05/2015 (dated 08/05/2015)
Date of Biometrics : 14/05/2015
Date approval received: **Waiting**
Date of ceremony: **Waiting**

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:06 pm

I applied on 20th april, called today, first attendee was horrible and discarded me. Tried again, after 15 minutes of continuous persistence my request was logged.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

Rozzey
Newly Registered

Post by Rozzey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:16 pm

saffa2015 wrote:
Rozzey wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 2 yrs student +2yrs spouse + 3 years ILR
Method of application: NCS Wansworth
Date of application: 22 April 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: unknown
Date of debit of fees: 22 may 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20 may 2015
Date of biometric letter: 20 may 2015 (received on 26 may 2015)
Date biometric done: 29 may 2015
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Other Updates: Have sent email to My MP on 04/10/2015 and got reply on 09/10/2015 stating he's making enquiry on my behalf but haven't heard anything since then :(
Don't lose hope just yet. HO takes 10 working days to respond to MP letters.
Thanks Saffa2015 for the encouragement.... Called HO and was told the 6 months timeline
Starts from date payment was taken and not when application was received :(

I asked why does it take HO a month for payment to be taken then?? No reasonable answer from them....I guess it's a way to buy into time tactics....the frustration continues each as date my app was received by HO is over a month!!!

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi all

Finally got my certificate and British citizen now on 20th Oct 2015

My journey Came to an end today

Thanks everyone for help April applicants

Next thing is passport

Regards
Date of application Delivered (16/04/2015)
Date of Approval: 16/10/2015 dated:12/10
Date of Private Ceremony Booked: 20 / 10 / 2015

Pidigni
Newly Registered

Post by Pidigni » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Final update

Eligibility Criteria: British spouse + ilr
Language Criteria: Esol B2+ Life in the UK test
Current Nationality: Pak
Method of Application: NCS Wandsworth
Date of Application: 15/04/2015
Payment Method: CC
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 16/04/2015
Date of Fees Clearance: 11/05/2015
Date of Acknowledgment:14/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Received:13/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:14/05/2015
Date Approval Received: 20/10/2015
Date of Ceremony:Will book tomorrow

usman81

Post by usman81 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks Saffa2015 for the encouragement.... Called HO and was told the 6 months timeline
Starts from date payment was taken and not when application was received :(

I asked why does it take HO a month for payment to be taken then?? No reasonable answer from them....I guess it's a way to buy into time tactics....the frustration continues each as date my app was received by HO is over a month!!!
Said same to me but i challenged her and ultimately logged my referral.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

zimlady
Newly Registered

Post by zimlady » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Still waiting, applied 15 April ...

Just a note regarding when the six months starts, my acknowledgement letter says

"We will decide your application within six months from the date you submitted it unless we are prevented from doing so for reasons beyond our control"

So, if they are saying that six months starts from when payment is taken, that is nonsense...

I called UKVI yesterday, and was asked if I had emailed them about my application, and my answer was 'no', and the lady said I had to email them first. I have had no acknowledgement or response yet, but will keep you posted when (if) I get a response.

Stay strong, people xx

zah123
Newly Registered

Post by zah123 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Guys Finally i got my approval letter after waiting 6 long months. yesterday i email my MP to check status of my application and today i got reply from him that my application has been successful and they have posted my letter on 20th Oct 15.

its a coincidence that today at lunch time when i checked my mail box i found the most awaited letter.

I would like to say thanks to this wonderful forum and its people, who are posting guanine information and helping others in their difficult time...hats of to you guys & girls.

Others who are waiting keep faith and be patience ( i know it is bit difficult after certain time) you guys will receive your approval letter soon.

Once again i thank all of you wonderful people who are with me/us in this journey.

below are my time lines

Date of application: 14th April 2015 (HSMP + Tier 1) -7 Years + 1 Year ILR
Method of Application: NCS ( Winchester)
Bio metric done : 14/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/10/2015 ( Dated 13/10/2015)
Ceremony: Called the Registrar Office they said they will send me letter

Hope to see you guys in passport application section.

All the best....
Take care
Zah123

Ren123
Newly Registered

Post by Ren123 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:31 pm

zimlady wrote:Still waiting, applied 15 April ...

Just a note regarding when the six months starts, my acknowledgement letter says

"We will decide your application within six months from the date you submitted it unless we are prevented from doing so for reasons beyond our control"

So, if they are saying that six months starts from when payment is taken, that is nonsense...

I called UKVI yesterday, and was asked if I had emailed them about my application, and my answer was 'no', and the lady said I had to email them first. I have had no acknowledgement or response yet, but will keep you posted when (if) I get a response.

Stay strong, people xx
I have emailed them at least three times now since my application went over 6 months and to date have not got a response. Like everyone else, I called last week and the lady was very unhelpful. I called again today and the man who took the call explained that they are just an advice line and have no access to information regarding our applications however he took my contact number and said he would ask the team dealing with my application to contact me and that can be anything from 2-3 days. He also explained that although my application has gone over the 6 month mark its still within 6 months - thats HO for you :roll: :roll:. My MP also contacted HO but to date have not got any response, apparently HO have 10 days to respond to MP requests for info. Good luck to us all who are still waiting.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi all, an update from my side:

Today I received an email from my MP wid the attached letter from Home Office saying my citizenship was granted on 12th Oct.

I still haven't received the post from Home Office.
Though tried my luck by calling the Council and they said they received the leeter from Home Office.
So they booked my ceremony for 18th November.

Thank you all for being there in my journey. You all have been my strength!
Good luck everyone!
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

Rozzey
Newly Registered

Post by Rozzey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm

zimlady wrote:Still waiting, applied 15 April ...

Stay strong, people xx
Thanks for quoting "We will decide your application within six months from the date you submitted it unless we are prevented from doing so for reasons beyond our control" from the acknowledgement letter from HO....will check on mine and ring them tomorrow to referre them on this as I was told on my last call that it starts from date payment was taken.

Rozzey

Rozzey
Newly Registered

Post by Rozzey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Has anyone a email template sent to HO to enquire about app progress please??

My app is over six months and still head nothing form HO or MP

azka

Post by azka » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:55 pm

FINAL UPDATE NOW IT IS MY TURN TO CELEBERATE

my timeline is as follows
No of applicants: 1 Adult
Eligibility Criteria : 10 yrs + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria : UK Master's Degree
Method of application: By NCS
Date of application: 10/04/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: Received 13 May 2015 (letter Dated 7 May 2015)
Date of Bio metric letter received 13 may 2015 (Letter dated 7 May 2015) bio metric done 13 May 2015
Date approval received: 21 OCTOBER 2015
Date of ceremony: waiting

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:26 am

Eligibility criteria: 3 yrs Spouse of British Citizen
Language criteria met : points based calculator
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS Warwick
Date of application: 24/4/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/4/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23/5/2015
Date of acknowledgment & biometrics letter received:02/06/2015 dated 23/5/2015
Date of Biometrics done: 05/06/2015
Date approval received: 21st Oct dated 12th Oct
Date of ceremony: 18th November 2015
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

Style13
Newly Registered

Post by Style13 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:20 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone of you have a template letter informing the UKBA about a you job you have started. Many thanks.

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am

Style13 wrote:Hi guys,

Does anyone of you have a template letter informing the UKBA about a you job you have started. Many thanks.
I don't think it is necessary to inform them about new job. But up to you. Otherwise, you can just drop them an email on FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

arindam02

Post by arindam02 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Finally wait is over now ....

My timeline is as below

Date of Application – 16th April 2015
Date of received by HO – 20th April 2015
Approval received – 21st Oct
Approval date 17th Oct
Date of Ceremony - 10th Nov

I contacted my local MP but he was not helpful at all. Anyway, it’s all good news in the end.

Many thanks to all guys in this forum for your guidance and support throughout this process.