ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arriavl Date in The UK, Residence Requirements, AN Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpion123

Arriavl Date in The UK, Residence Requirements, AN Form

Post by scorpion123 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:56 am

Dear all,

I am going for my NCS appointment in couple of days time and need to clarify the date of arrival that I should write in the section of Residence requirements.

Brief immigration history is,

i:Arrived in the UK in 2003 on a Student visa.
ii: Obtained Tier 1G in 2009 and then ILR on Long residence basis (10 years) in 2014.

As per AN Guide, applicants need to write the date of first arrival when he/she has entered in the UK with a view of staying long term so,

Shall I write the date of first arrival when I entered the UK after obtaining the Tier 1G visa or would that be the date of my first arrival when I entered the UK back in 2003 on a student visa?

Also, if my first arrival date in the UK has to be the one after obtaining the Tier 1G then,

i: Can I use the date when Tier 1 was issued or does it need to be the one when I left the UK and then entered back in first time on Tier 1G Visa?

I appreciate that my queries might sound a bit silly but I just wanted to be sure of arrival date before submitting my application form.

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Arriavl Date in The UK, Residence Requirements, AN Form

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 am

Yes put 2003 and airport you arrived at.

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:15 am

chocolateorange88 wrote:Yes put 2003 and airport you arrived at.
Thanks for your swift reply.

What confuses me is , when I first entered the UK in 2003, I was on a student visa and did not enter the country with the view to stay in the UK for long term?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:28 am

scorpion123 wrote:

What confuses me is , when I first entered the UK in 2003, I was on a student visa and did not enter the country with the view to stay in the UK for long term?

Yeah I know it's confusing but when my hubby used NCS back in June, we also asked this question. She rang them up in front of us ( she put on loudspeaker) and they told her, it goes from very first day present in the UK.

How long are student visas issued for generally?

scorpion123

Post by scorpion123 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:36 am

chocolateorange88 wrote:
scorpion123 wrote:

Yeah I know it's confusing but when my hubby used NCS back in June, we also asked this question. She rang them up in front of us ( she put on loudspeaker) and they told her, it goes from very first day present in the UK.

How long are student visas issued for generally?
Not sure how long student visas can be issued for now to be honest.

Reg arrival date,

what I am concerned about is, if I put the date of my first entry which was back in 2003,it will then contradict the statement which I gave to British High Commission when I obtained the EC that I intended to return to my native country after completion of my studies.

Could that not be then classified as probable deception during EC application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:04 am

you can put either date and provide a brief explanation in the relevant section at the back of the form 'additional information'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.