ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside UK for child (India passport and no UK visa).

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imtiyazm

Re: Travel outside UK for child (India passport and no UK vi

Post by imtiyazm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:12 am

Hi ban.s , Really appreciate your response and thanks for looking into my case.

Do you mean to say even though I get MN1 approved and have naturalization certificate the only way for me to bring my child to the UK would be 'family of a settled person visa'?

OR

Since I am(father) myself in the UK, can I apply for my child's British passport using fast track service(once I get MN1)?

Please also have a look at http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 90256.html
especially the post in bold ( there is a new circular whereby children can use both the passports and when they turn 16 they can decide on which country they want to be citizen of and give up the other.)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:30 am

imtiyazm wrote:Hi ban.s , Really appreciate your response and thanks for looking into my case.

Do you mean to say even though I get MN1 approved and have naturalization certificate the only way for me to bring my child to the UK would be 'family of a settled person visa'?

OR

Since I am(father) myself in the UK, can I apply for my child's British passport using fast track service(once I get MN1)?
The latter option.
Also note, as the child entered India with an Indian passport, for return with a British passport first indian passport needs to be surrendered in India and then exit permit needs to be obtained.
imtiyazm wrote: Please also have a look at http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 90256.html
especially the post in bold ( there is a new circular whereby children can use both the passports and when they turn 16 they can decide on which country they want to be citizen of and give up the other.)
In this case, the child has voluntarily acquired british citizenship through MN1 application; it's not an involuntary acquisition by Birth (e.g. child born in UK to Indian parents with ILR) hence indian citizenship will be terminated under section 9.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:37 am

hi ban.s, Many thanks, makes things clear for me.

One last question.

Surrendering Indian passport in India and obtaining Exit permit in India- How easy is this? Sorry but its the first time I have heard.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:55 am

check the below link for surrendering indian passport in india

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... procFormSc

for exit permit, you need to contact the local FRRO/FRO office. they'll issue exit permit 2-3 days before intended departure from india. you'll have to submit flight tickets, surrender ceritificate etc.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi ban.s
Thanks

Today I have received my child's registration the white envelope finally arrived.
I will update my timelines in other relevant posts

Hopefully the last question, is it ok to apply for my child's Britsh passport from UK whilst he is in India?

Last_one_standing
Newly Registered

Post by Last_one_standing » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:22 am

Congrats mate and please do take advices given for free.Getting a passport is no problem since children do not physically have an interview.Only step to overcome is to get a professional to be a referee with the kid out of the country.

Good luck anyway and get your kid as quickly as possible to start nursery.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks Last_one_standing, i agree that the child shouldnt have left the country but in my situation i had to make the travel. i appreciate and respect all the forum members for spending their valuable time and helping me out. Thanks

And my child cannot go to nursery as he is just 7 months old :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:58 pm

imtiyazm wrote:Hi ban.s
Thanks

Today I have received my child's registration the white envelope finally arrived.
I will update my timelines in other relevant posts

Hopefully the last question, is it ok to apply for my child's Britsh passport from UK whilst he is in India?
The requirement is to apply in the country the applicant is present. Whether they actually check it, is a different question.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Thanks Jambo for looking into my case, I do agree I have put myself in trouble but I appreciate all members help and support

Ideally I should be applying from India, I agree but if I apply the British passport from UK will that be an issue later when I request exit stamp from FRO or at the UK border immigration on my return?

Reason I am not applying from India is because of the delay, as other members have advised it could take months.

Please advise

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:39 pm

The process is to apply for right of abode certificate from aborad and this is specifically for your case when a british citizen does not have a British passport.

People generally get this certificate within 8 to 10 days.

Not sure why you want to create your own solution?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:10 pm

akash08 wrote:The process is to apply for right of abode certificate from aborad and this is specifically for your case when a british citizen does not have a British passport.

People generally get this certificate within 8 to 10 days.

Not sure why you want to create your own solution?
The child is not a dual national so can't use RoA certificate as he will lose Indian nationality by becoming British.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:12 pm

imtiyazm wrote:Thanks Jambo for looking into my case, I do agree I have put myself in trouble but I appreciate all members help and support

Ideally I should be applying from India, I agree but if I apply the British passport from UK will that be an issue later when I request exit stamp from FRO or at the UK border immigration on my return?

Reason I am not applying from India is because of the delay, as other members have advised it could take months.

Please advise
No idea about the Exit visa. Maybe better to check in the Other Countries section of the forum.
The child will have no problem entering the UK with a UK issued passport.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks all for your valuable input, much appreciate.
i will keep this post updated on what happens in my case.

Newstarter07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Newstarter07 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know what happened to your case?

Thanks
NS

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi Imtiazm,

Can you pls update on here what actually happened in your child's scenario?

It would be beneficial to a lot of us; like it was to you when you posted your questions and people replied.

Thanks

yashp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travel outside UK for child (India passport and no UK visa).

Post by yashp » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Imtiaz,

Please update what happened, I am also in the same scenario and your help is much appreciated

Thanks
Yash

secret.simon

Re: Travel outside UK for child (India passport and no UK visa).

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:55 pm

yashp wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm
Hi Imtiaz,

Please update what happened, I am also in the same scenario and your help is much appreciated

Thanks
Yash
This thread is four years old. The OP has not logged in for the past three years. Also, laws may have significantly changed in the interim. Please post your query in a new thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.