ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying BC + Indian passport will expire

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dasavathar

applying BC + Indian passport will expire

Post by Dasavathar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi Guru's,

I am applying for my BC in December 2015. I understand that the processing time is around 6 months.
My current Indian passport is valid only until March 2016. Will this be an issue? or i need to renew my Indian passport before I apply for the BC?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: applying BC + Indian passport will expire

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Not an issue at all as long as it is valid at the time of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:38 pm

The requirement is for a "current" passport / travel document, which - contrary to perception - doesn't mean "valid or unexpired on the date of AN application".
One may apply with the "most recently issued" passport / travel document even if it is "expired" on the date of AN application - without a problem.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Dasavathar

Post by Dasavathar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Thanks guys for your valuable response.

Dasavathar

validity of Life in UK test.

Post by Dasavathar » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi Gurus,

I got my ILR in December 2014 for which my Life in UK test was taken some times in August 2013.
With the same Life in UK test result, can i apply for British Citizenship in January 2016?

I read some where its valid for only 2 years. If so, do i need to reappear for the Life in UK test?

secret.simon

Re: validity of Life in UK test.

Post by secret.simon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:07 am

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/ ... in-uk-test
You only need to pass the test once - you don’t need to do it again if you’re applying to become a citizen and already passed it as part of your settlement application.
ILR = settlement.

So, you do not need to do the Life in the UK test again.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.