ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen applying for UK citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Re: EU citizen applying for UK citizenship

Post by Gazza1591 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:46 pm

How do we apply for the confirmation of permanent residence then is it easier to fill out the forms and apply ? And I'm guessing if she does get refused it will tell us why ? And what's the time scale on this ?

Torex

Post by Torex » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:25 am

Gazza1591 wrote:How do we apply for the confirmation of permanent residence then is it easier to fill out the forms and apply ? And I'm guessing if she does get refused it will tell us why ? And what's the time scale on this ?
I wouldn't say it is easier. You will need to provide approximately the same evidence as for the naturalization application. It is your responsibility to show them how you exercised the Treaty Rights. Therefore you will need some strong evidence that your fiance didn't need to register for WRS. I guess the employment contract and P45 should be sufficient to prove that she started work before 30 April 2004 and worked there for at least 12 months.

You can find the form and guidance here

There are over 80 pages, but I don't think filling out all of them is necessary, do some more research on this forum, as there was already couple threads about it, I guess in EEA-route Applications. You will find the time scale there as well, I guess couple months.

Yes, if she is refused, you will get an explanation why and as noajthan said, with a right of appeal.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 am

Hi

Is there any know or trusted companies that could help us with all the forms and whts needed etc ?

Torex

Post by Torex » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Gazza1591 wrote:Hi

Is there any know or trusted companies that could help us with all the forms and whts needed etc ?
You can ask your local Nationality Checking Service (NCS).
Some of them provide an extra service for filling out the application.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks sent off an email to them asking if they can help.or know anyone that can.

Been looking again and it says that she just needs to have been living in the UK for 5+ years can't find anything about working in the UK for 5+ years ? Even though she has been living and working for 13+ years now

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 am

Gazza1591 wrote:Thanks sent off an email to them asking if they can help.or know anyone that can.

Been looking again and it says that she just needs to have been living in the UK for 5+ years can't find anything about working in the UK for 5+ years ? Even though she has been living and working for 13+ years now
To naturalise the applicant has to be settled in UK.
For an EEA national that means acquiring PR.

To acquire PR they have to be a qualified person eg a worker (& for A8 national it means properly registered in WRS, up to 2011) & exercise treaty rights continuously in UK for 5 years.

The AN guidance booklet is quite clear:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2015.pdf
- see sections 1B, 2, 4, 6
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:40 am

Ok so if I'm thinking correct will it not be. akot easier to get permanent residence in the UK and not to apply to become a UK citizenship ?

If she gets the PR she can stay in the UK anyways ?

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi all

What does this bit mean about a family member ? Keeps saying about it in the application for permanent residency but not sure what it is refurung to ?
you’ve lived with your European Economic Area (EEA) family member in the UK for a continuous 5 year period
your EEA family member has been a ‘qualified person’ throughout the 5 years or has a permanent right of residence

Am I the family member to my partner as she has been living with me for last 10 years ? Or am I missing the point ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Gazza1591 wrote:Ok so if I'm thinking correct will it not be. akot easier to get permanent residence in the UK and not to apply to become a UK citizenship ?

If she gets the PR she can stay in the UK anyways ?
Some differences between PR & citizenship:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96603.html

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Gazza1591 wrote:Hi all

What does this bit mean about a family member ? Keeps saying about it in the application for permanent residency but not sure what it is refurung to ?
you’ve lived with your European Economic Area (EEA) family member in the UK for a continuous 5 year period
your EEA family member has been a ‘qualified person’ throughout the 5 years or has a permanent right of residence

Am I the family member to my partner as she has been living with me for last 10 years ? Or am I missing the point ?
It's a generic form, it applies to a variety of scenarios depending on the applicant's circumstances.

You are not the 'family member'.

Your gf is applying in her own right as an EEA national so she does not have any sponsor nor is she the family member of anyone (in this context).

Gazza1591
Newly Registered

Post by Gazza1591 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 am

Ah OK

In that case what criteria does she need to meet as all the list of things she needs to meet all mention about family member or sponsors ?

Just need to know exactly what she needs to meet to get this PR ?