ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Sister Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lalwani.a
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Refusal of Sister Visit Visa

Post by lalwani.a » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi guys,

I recently applied for family visit visa for my sister which was refused under paragraph V4.2 (a)(c) of immigration rules. See below the snapshot from refusal letter.

I have refused your application for visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement of Appendix V of immigration rules. This is because :

- You state that you will visit the united kingdom for four months to visit your family. While I recognise that your sponsor (myself) will meet full costs of your visit, it is reasonable for me to consider your personal and economic circumstances as part of my overall assessment of your application and intentions in the UK.

- While I have noted the sponsorship documents which you have provided and acknowledge the importance of maintaining close family ties, in assessing your application it is your intentions which are paramount.

- You state that you are unemployed and you spend £xx per month on living expenses. In support of your application you have not provided any evidence to support your circumstances in India. Without these details I have been unable to assess your personal, economic and financial circumstances in India. As a result I have not been able to reach a position where on a balance of probabilities, I can be satisfied about your personal and financial circumstances in India.

- Given the lack of evidence to demonstrate any income, savings, property available to you in India this leads me to doubt that your circumstances are as claimed in your application. In turn, this casts doubt that your intentions are as claimed and that you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit.

My sister is unemployed and live with my parents. I and my parents support her financially. The question is what should I provide in support of new application which satisfies the UKBA with genuineness of the applicant. She is bachelor but have not started the job yet due to some medical emergency with my parents few months ago. And now my wife is pregnant so I wish to call her to UK to support us during this time.

I will appreciate if someone can help me on what else shall I provide with new visa application.

Many thanks,
Ashok Lalwani

son7777

Re: Refusal of Sister Visit Visa

Post by son7777 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Dear Ashok,

You need to prove that following:

1)She can afford the trip and she is economical well off.
For this you need to show bank balance, job etc proof. Since she is current not working so It will be difficult to prove. What I recommend is explain the whole situation along with your and your parents bank balance show her bank balance also. You and your parent can gift her money through cheque and show that as gift along with gift deed(on affidavit) saying this money is for her(or her trip) and it is not returnable.
You need to She evidence or any property or shares or saving in her name (If there is any)
2) You need to show her close ties back home for which she will return back.
You need to explain that she has family back home which is very important for her if she is engaged or in relationship you need to explain that also.

If you appeal then it will take long time. May be it will be heard about your baby is born.

If you can arrange all the proof to should above mentioned points . You can make a fresh application saying you were fully aware of documentary requirement and you have all the important documented as per requirement . Hence you are making a fresh application.

Regards.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm

son7777 wrote:Dear Ashok,

You need to prove that following:

1)She can afford the trip and she is economical well off.
For this you need to show bank balance, job etc proof. Since she is current not working so It will be difficult to prove. What I recommend is explain the whole situation along with your and your parents bank balance show her bank balance also. You and your parent can gift her money through cheque and show that as gift along with gift deed(on affidavit) saying this money is for her(or her trip) and it is not returnable.
You need to She evidence or any property or shares or saving in her name (If there is any)
2) You need to show her close ties back home for which she will return back.
You need to explain that she has family back home which is very important for her if she is engaged or in relationship you need to explain that also.

If you appeal then it will take long time. May be it will be heard about your baby is born.

If you can arrange all the proof to should above mentioned points . You can make a fresh application saying you were fully aware of documentary requirement and you have all the important documented as per requirement . Hence you are making a fresh application.

Regards.
You can't appeal a visit visa refusal except on discrimination or HR grounds, none of which apply here....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lalwani.a
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by lalwani.a » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:46 pm

I have mentioned in my application that I support my sister along with my father untill she is unemployed. This was also mentioned in my invitation and sponsor letter. Also, she has couple of bank anf post office account jointly with my father but again the balance and deposits in those accounts are of my father and not earned by sister as it happens in our Indian society. Is it worth to put those statements and her bachelots certificate - is it a strong supporting evidence?

Thanks again.