ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS Decisions for October 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heidi88

Re: Restricted COS Decisions for October 2015

Post by heidi88 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:23 am

Casper_ng wrote:Anyone still waiting ??
I am still waiting. I have 23 points. And my work called the home office yesterday to see what's taking so long and they told them it is very strange but it seems like no one reviewed my application yet. Then they said they will review it and give us an answer on Tuesday. They also mentioned that they will probably be over subscribed which is weird because mine should have been in October's batch since I applied on the 21st of September. so now am waiting to see how bad did they mess up. I hope it's granted on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Any one else still waiting or heard similar thing?

tier2general
Newly Registered

Post by tier2general » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:04 am

Hello Everyone,

Here is my situation. My employed had applied for my COS on 5th September 2015. By middle of september Home Office had asked for some company related documents such as Bank Statements, Returns etc. Which was provided by the company's attorney within days. Till now my status is showing pending in SMS. My salary stated was £32,000. Initially the attorney had informed my company saying the delay is due to the fact that the Home Office starts assessing the applications from High to Low Package.

Last week the company's attorney suggested that they could get a response from them Home Office within 24 hours by paying a fee of 50 GBP. The company has asked him to pursue that. Lets see. Hope there is no downside to this.

Has anyone come accross a similar situation as mine?
Which month's quota you think my application will come under?
Also what do you think could be the chances of rejection/acceptance after two months of pending status?

Thank you in advance.

ANUSHA_84
Newly Registered

Post by ANUSHA_84 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi Team,

Tier-2 General CoS got allocated to me from the October month slot. I am planning to apply for Tier - 2 General visa from India for me & my spouse. Here are the list of the documents I am submitting to Home office. Just want to check if I am missing anything from the mandatory document list:

For me:

1. Duly filled Visa Online application form & appointment copy
2. Original Passport copy
3. Certificate of Sponsorship copy
4. Degree certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Medical Fitness Certificate: T.B Certificate
7. Payment confirmation for Visa fee & IHS charges
8. Bank Statement showing £945 in savings for 90 days
9. Letter from UK NARIC confirming that academic qualification that was taught in English
10. Self-Assessment summary for points
11. Offer letter from the sponsor
12. Passport size color photos

For my spouse:

3. Passport size color photos
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Medical Fitness Certificate: T.B Certificate
6. Payment confirmation for Visa fee & IHS charges
7. Bank Statement showing £635 in savings for 90 days

I have received all the documents from the sponsor as scanned copies. Do I need to ask any original documents from the sponsor to process the visa application or scanned copies are ok to Submit?

Thanks in advance, appreciate your quick revert on this.

Regards,
Anusha

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Scanned copies of the COS and your offer letter from the sponsor are fine.

ANUSHA_84 wrote:Hi Team,

Tier-2 General CoS got allocated to me from the October month slot. I am planning to apply for Tier - 2 General visa from India for me & my spouse. Here are the list of the documents I am submitting to Home office. Just want to check if I am missing anything from the mandatory document list:

For me:

3. Certificate of Sponsorship copy
4. Degree certificate
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Medical Fitness Certificate: T.B Certificate
7. Payment confirmation for Visa fee & IHS charges
8. Bank Statement showing £945 in savings for 90 days
9. Letter from UK NARIC confirming that academic qualification that was taught in English
10. Self-Assessment summary for points
11. Offer letter from the sponsor
12. Passport size color photos

For my spouse:

3. Passport size color photos
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Medical Fitness Certificate: T.B Certificate
6. Payment confirmation for Visa fee & IHS charges
7. Bank Statement showing £635 in savings for 90 days

I have received all the documents from the sponsor as scanned copies. Do I need to ask any original documents from the sponsor to process the visa application or scanned copies are ok to Submit?

Thanks in advance, appreciate your quick revert on this.

Regards,
Anusha

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:52 am

So I am still waiting. My work called the home office again and they said: they called their sponsorship helpline, and the lady they spoke to mentioned they have been oversubscribed this month, and are still working through the application. She did check to see if any further information had been requested, but there are no notes on the system. She advised them to call back on Friday if we have not heard anything by then.

Not sure if this is normal, any ideas anyone?

Casper_ng
Newly Registered

Post by Casper_ng » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:46 am

heidi88 wrote:So I am still waiting. My work called the home office again and they said: they called their sponsorship helpline, and the lady they spoke to mentioned they have been oversubscribed this month, and are still working through the application. She did check to see if any further information had been requested, but there are no notes on the system. She advised them to call back on Friday if we have not heard anything by then.

Hi there, I am not authorised to use the private messages function. I can't view what you sent to me.

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:02 am

Casper_ng wrote:
heidi88 wrote:So I am still waiting. My work called the home office again and they said: they called their sponsorship helpline, and the lady they spoke to mentioned they have been oversubscribed this month, and are still working through the application. She did check to see if any further information had been requested, but there are no notes on the system. She advised them to call back on Friday if we have not heard anything by then.

Hi there, I am not authorised to use the private messages function. I can't view what you sent to me.

I was just asking if you are still waiting or you heard something.

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 am

I am still waiting, Just checked with my work and my SMS still says application Under-review! this is just ridiculous. Anyone has an advice? Should i assume its rejected? Or have anyone received their COS after such a long wait before?

anyone at all? help ?

Casper_ng
Newly Registered

Post by Casper_ng » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:40 pm

heidi88 wrote:I am still waiting, Just checked with my work and my SMS still says application Under-review! this is just ridiculous. Anyone has an advice? Should i assume its rejected? Or have anyone received their COS after such a long wait before?

anyone at all? help ?

I got rejected this month due to some problems with the RLMT, re-applying for next month. =(

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:40 am

Casper_ng wrote:
heidi88 wrote:I am still waiting, Just checked with my work and my SMS still says application Under-review! this is just ridiculous. Anyone has an advice? Should i assume its rejected? Or have anyone received their COS after such a long wait before?

anyone at all? help ?

I got rejected this month due to some problems with the RLMT, re-applying for next month. =(
OH no! I am sorry to hear that. I hope next month you get accepted!! I am still waiting, this whole thing has been very stressful. lets hope it comes to an end soon :)

YMalhotra
Newly Registered

Post by YMalhotra » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:59 am

I am also waiting....the sponsor has stated that the result should be available starting next week...

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:09 pm

YMalhotra wrote:I am also waiting....the sponsor has stated that the result should be available starting next week...
oh okay! thats good news. I thought i was the only one still waiting so i was losing hope.
Thanks! lets hope we get it this week! Goodluck.

Casper_ng
Newly Registered

Post by Casper_ng » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:45 pm

heidi88 wrote:
Casper_ng wrote:

anyone at all? help ?

OH no! I am sorry to hear that. I hope next month you get accepted!! I am still waiting, this whole thing has been very stressful. lets hope it comes to an end soon :)

Yes it is stressful. >.< Good luck to you, hope your application gets approved soon.

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:03 pm

any news/updates about the RCos? I am still waiting for mine, my application still says under-review....

heidi88

Post by heidi88 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:04 pm

psinghal276 wrote:
heidi88 wrote:my work checked and my application says it is still under review. A bit worried.
Yes i am still waiting to hear, but i have 34 points as per the new points table.

Did you receive yours or are you still waiting?

NovemberCOS
Newly Registered

Post by NovemberCOS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:29 am

Hi guys,

All the best from here on to everyone who has received their COS. I am a graduate and will be entering with 21 points in November, does anyone know what are my chances? October came pretty close and a lot of backlog is cleared..but I'm unsure if we will get as many certificates (600+ in August and 400+ in October; none in September which is confusing me) reclaimed this month as well? Any thoughts?

Also the nurses have been put on shortage occupation list now, which has some consequences. However that's going to apply from the December allocation round onwards, so maybe that's good news?