ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for apartment to rent in London

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

texasdude
Newly Registered

Looking for apartment to rent in London

Post by texasdude » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:37 am

I plan to come to London. I already have my HSMP visa and have a job offer.

What are some reasonable price areas in London for apartments? What is the average 1-bedroom apartment rent range? Is it better to get a 1-bedroom apartment by oneself, or is it better to share a 2-bedroom apartment with someone? Which one is more cost effective? Is it better to go through a broker, or are there some other venues (like some website etc) using which one can find apartments in London? How long does it usually take to get a decent place in London, on the average?

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:11 am

Check out: www.thegumtree.com for a guide to prices.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:04 am

There are many apartments up for rentals through out the year. I dont go via brokers as I think they find ingenious ways to rip you off money.

When going through an agent in London remember that the agent is supposed to get his commission from the landlord and therefore should be taking nothing from you.

You can buy newspapers like loot (www.loot.co.uk) from any news agent and that will show you ads by the flat owners themselves.

texasdude
Newly Registered

Post by texasdude » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate your help.