ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Sponsor Documents from Sheffield

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Return of Sponsor Documents from Sheffield

Post by Rocky786 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 am

Hi all,

My wife received her spouse visa on 28/09/2015 and is now in the UK. However, I am yet to receive the supporting documents despite sending a postage paid self addressed envelope. Sheffield Visa section state that I should receive documents withing 10 working days of the visa being granted, but it has now been 20 days.

I am wondering if you could advise about what I should do next and why there might be a delay in getting back the documents.

shakoorh

Re: Return of Sponsor Documents from Sheffield

Post by shakoorh » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:21 pm

All you can do is contact them. There isn't much else, if they don't get back to you, you can make a complaint or get and MP to email home office.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

Rocky786
Newly Registered

Re: Return of Sponsor Documents from Sheffield

Post by Rocky786 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Thank you.

The telephone number is a £1.37 per minute cost, which is very high.
I will most likely have to write a letter to the Sheffield Visa Section and ask what is happening, but I will wait until the end of the month.

My solicitor told me to be patient, as the office never sticks to the timescales. It will be interesting to see how long it took others to get documents back from Sheffield.