ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what if somebody is director but not on company payroll

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmed25

what if somebody is director but not on company payroll

Post by Ahmed25 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:21 pm

I joined the existing business as a director and before me there were one director but he was just taking the dividend and not on company payroll after I joined the business I enrolled him on payroll and he is director as well.

My question is can his employment be considered as one job?

AANA
Pakistan

Re: what if somebody is director but not on company payroll

Post by AANA » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi Ahmed25

Even though he was previously only taking a dividend payment, he will NOT count as a new employee for your visa extension requirements.

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm

and what if somebody is hired as an employee after me (as a director) and then become the director. does he count as an employee?

AANA
Pakistan

Post by AANA » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 am

Hi Ahmed 25

In my opinion i do not think this will count as job creation. I believe you will have to keep employer / director separate to qualify for job creation.

Salim

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:32 pm

For visa purposes to satisfy employment requirement, a job created has to be a new job. So positions that existed before you joined the business will not be acceptable.
Secondly an employee must be on payroll (can be a director or an office assistant).
Thirdly, an employee must be British or a settled person.

So to answer your question, if after joining the business you created a new position of a Director and such person is employed on a payroll and he/she is British this should meet the requirement.