ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NaveedYousaf12
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by NaveedYousaf12 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:37 am

Guys need to ask a question if someone know

after bio-metric do we have time limit to submit documents to sheifield

theelite16
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theelite16 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 am

NaveedYousaf12 wrote:Guys need to ask a question if someone know

after bio-metric do we have time limit to submit documents to sheifield
Some people say within 10 days, some say 2 weeks.

My wife did the biometrics on 8 October, and I sent the documents to Sheffield on 16 October (to reach there either 17 or 19 October).

I would say to just send ASAP and not delay it for over 2 weeks.

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:35 am

Hello guys
Do any one have Islamabad gerrys contact number.
Thanx in advance

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am

salam guys got an email stating my wife's visa has been processed. Assuming a decision has been made. I reckon another week
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:13 am

True My friend they charged me:

1,045+653=£1,698, I didn't liked it at all
monadii wrote:Just checked my bank account. Total money taken from my account £1,690. I thought the fee for the visa is £956 + £600 for the IHS. That should be £1,556.00. How much have you guys been charged? Also the fees was in Pakistani Rupees so maybe the extra is for conversion rate, but £134 extra is a bit too much :roll:

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:21 pm

zakikhan wrote:salam guys got an email stating my wife's visa has been processed. Assuming a decision has been made. I reckon another week
Hello,

Did they email you officially or did you ask for status update?

Many thanks

Good news for you! I emailed last week monday (12th) and im still waiting for anything official

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:08 pm

salam mysterious I emailed them this morning they replied within hours. I actually think they make the decision fairly quickly but take a while to communicate that to you. Lots of dua now hope its good for all of us been v stressful period!
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Mentor_89
Newly Registered

Post by Mentor_89 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Salaam Mysterious + Zaki,

Just a little update for you guys and July applicants. I asked for an update last week and was told it has been processed and a decision has been made. That was last week (13th). I have been waiting since for any emails/ phonecalls but have had no luck.

I received all the papers back from Sheffield this morning so there has been some progress albeit slow. But like they say, some progress is better then no progress!

Can anyone confirm the holidays in Pakistan? Supposedly 23rd and 24th? For muharram. Which would mean no contact from Gerry's until atleast Monday :roll:

sul786
Newly Registered

Post by sul786 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:Salaam Mysterious + Zaki,

Just a little update for you guys and July applicants. I asked for an update last week and was told it has been processed and a decision has been made. That was last week (13th). I have been waiting since for any emails/ phonecalls but have had no luck.

I received all the papers back from Sheffield this morning so there has been some progress albeit slow. But like they say, some progress is better then no progress!

Can anyone confirm the holidays in Pakistan? Supposedly 23rd and 24th? For muharram. Which would mean no contact from Gerry's until atleast Monday :roll:

Can you tell if you received email from visa collection centre

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello Zaki,

Thank you for letting me know. I though UKVI had sent that official email. I had also emailed last week and had that response but apart from that they seem to still be slow.

Thanks for the Update Mentor. Really appreciate it. Good to know you got your docs back. I have noted my tracking number when I sent my prepaid bag but no updates by tracking it. Did you get it in your original prepaid envelope and got all the documents back?

I am in same position as you – emailed last week but nothing official. No sign of documents and Gerrys is open today, hubby also said holidays were from today but not government holidays where everything is closed but obviously yeah tomorrow is Friday so holiday anyways.

Another week coming to and end and no sign of anything, yeah it is a really stressful time for us all.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:Salaam Mysterious + Zaki,

Slaam
I am a june applicant
still waiting
08 sept 2015 email received selayed for further checks
have emailed the 3 times after that and now they say it hasn't been seen yet by an ECO
VERY VERY STRESSFUL

Remington
Newly Registered

Post by Remington » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello Everyone.

Just put in my application this week. I wanted to give an update on something new. During the Biometrics I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the priority service has been started for Pakistan too which enables you to jump the queue for settlement visa's by paying an extra PKR 62,000. This fee is collected cash at the bank counter inside the VAC. They don't confirm the exact timeline but do confirm that your application will be processed before other non-priority settlement applications.

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 pm

This is great news for 1000s of people. However, is this another money making scheme for UKVI? Its pretty obvious that virtually everyone will use the priority service, and as we will find out, there will be a back log of visas cases waiting to be dealt with. Its a complete farse as I believe that UKVI have a hidden agenda behind this new priority service that has been introduced.
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

worried1

Post by worried1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 pm

rashadjee wrote:This is great news for 1000s of people. However, is this another money making scheme for UKVI? Its pretty obvious that virtually everyone will use the priority service, and as we will find out, there will be a back log of visas cases waiting to be dealt with. Its a complete farse as I believe that UKVI have a hidden agenda behind this new priority service that has been introduced.
I definatly agree Rashadjee
there is no gurantee that the visas will
be processed any faster then normal applications
this is a farce, a mony making scheme
Just have trust in ALLAH In shaa ALLAH

rashadjee

Post by rashadjee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 pm

The biggest issue is that the UK Government is facing a decline in Settlement Visa applications from countries like Pakistan. More and more youngsters are now getting married within the UK. There has been a massive decline in settlement visas in the last 10 years. Our youth are now deciding to marry within the UK. So for the UK government to capitalise on the loss of revenue, they have now introduced the visa priority service. For example lets say 50,000 people apply for a settlement visa from pakistan using the priority service at £320 each, that will generate a whopping £16 million pounds!!!!!extra on top of the application fee and the Health Surcharge fee.... Its crazy.
Online Application: 16/07/2015
Biometrics: 28/07/2015
Delayed Email Received: 13/09/2015
Escalated: 01/10/2015
Escalted: 23/11/2015
VISA GRANTED: 23/12/2015!!!!

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Raymandosnr wrote:
rosie.x wrote:
tiger girl wrote:Hi rosie

My case was refused on the same basis as yours uvr appealed hav you done that too and what did you provide in the appeal n how long has it been ??

Its soo frustrating and annoying such a silly error, means more waiting...

Ive provided the following;
- copy of the actual certificate. (As they havent sent ours back)
- log in details for cambridge website (because they dont know how to use there own systems)
- Letter from grafton college stating the exam was taken and results are available online.
- Letter from Cambridge stating exam was taken.
- Confirmation of entry and timetable
- Statement of results page
- Also a copy of the page with results and photograph on it. (That they were unable to view).

I pray that InshAllah this should be enough for them.
Just to let both you sisters know that my MP sent another strongly worded letter and also highlighted tbsp English certificate situation as a bigger issue to the home office and if no results are given this time he will bring it up next time he is in Westminster
Hi raymondasaar n rosie i got an email ans a call from my mp she had a metting with the home office people and told her about the issue on cambridge she said its defo assuring that our appeal will get over turned but due to syria situation appeals are taking longer si just pray inshallah we all will get good news inshallah.

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:28 pm

rashadjee wrote:The biggest issue is that the UK Government is facing a decline in Settlement Visa applications from countries like Pakistan. More and more youngsters are now getting married within the UK. There has been a massive decline in settlement visas in the last 10 years. Our youth are now deciding to marry within the UK. So for the UK government to capitalise on the loss of revenue, they have now introduced the visa priority service. For example lets say 50,000 people apply for a settlement visa from pakistan using the priority service at £320 each, that will generate a whopping £16 million pounds!!!!!extra on top of the application fee and the Health Surcharge fee.... Its crazy.
As i told you i have same "not has been starighforward" email and since then no mail .plus my wife submitted application at lahore centre and after some research i got result its not a serious issue as mostly people with this email got visa .so if you have or any body else who got same email please share .

Thank you

hinna
United Kingdom

Post by hinna » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Salaam

What do they mean when they say:

'Your application is in progress and you will be
contacted once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application.'

Is it with an ECO or still waiting to be seen by an ECO?

Jzk

confusedd_786

Post by confusedd_786 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:39 pm

hinna wrote:Salaam

contacted once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application.'

Jzk
Yes that's wat it means!! But can u explain something how is gyour Sheffield mail date is early then document s submitted??

SoStressed
Newly Registered

Post by SoStressed » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

hinna wrote:Salaam

Jzk
Did you contact them and that was their reply? I have similar timeline to you and I contacted them and was told this:
Your application has not yet been assessed by an
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). Each application is assessed individually
and processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient
whilst processing is completed. Your visa application centre or the entry
clearance officer (ECO) will contact you once a decision has been made or,
if necessary, during the consideration of your application.

So I think yours is currently being looked at otherwise it would say it has not yet been assessed like they said to me.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Hinaa and Sostressed, I am in a same boat as you.

I applied online: 4th August.
My Mrs had her biometric on: 10th August.
Documents reached Sheffield: 20th August.
Escalated on 6th October: in progress.
Escalated again on16th October: in progress.
Escalated yet again on 22nd October: this time no updates available.

I think I escalated too much so they thought not to give any updates this time.

My 60 days are going to complete on 2nd Nov.
Let's see if they have any answer by then or they put me on further hold.

Best of luck to everyone.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:27 pm

confusedd_786 wrote:
worried1 wrote:
teejos_88 wrote:married:03/11/2013
online:05/06/15
biometrics in islamabad:18/06/15
i have been reading this forum for a while now...
worried 1 & naveed777 i am in the situation as you both.
i received delay email on 09/09/15 and nothing since.
everytime i ask for an update it states has not yet been seen by an ECO. i am worried as its nearly 4 months.i also thought my case was straight forward. if anybody can advise on what we can do plz.
hi
we are in the same boat
our applications were done aroma the same time
online 08 june 2015
bio 17 june 2015
delay email 08 sept
its really frustrating and stressing
Keep your trust in ALLAH In shaa ALLAH IT WILL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST FOR BOTH OF US AND WHOEVER ELSE IS GOING THRU THIS VISA PROCESS AMEEN

Why don't you ask them for Escalation!!?
hi wanted to ask you any news about your visa teejos_88

worried1

Post by worried1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:46 pm

hi everyone
I REQUESTED AN UPDATE about my visa
this is funny and confusing
from a delayed email, to a email sayin it hasn't been seen by a ECO
TODAYS UPDATE EMAIL SAYS THAT they have traced the gwf number, birthday details and they have said they are no current updates, this could be because your applicatiom was submitted recently or the details you have provided are incorrect
this is proof that they just press any update email and send it back to us
I requested a update with gwf number name dob email and all details of bio
and still they send this incorrect email
it clearly said june was when the application was made

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Worried1 , I got the same response after twice getting in progress update. It's a mess so I don't really trust on these email updates as it's just hit and trial. Better we wait for an official response.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:33 pm

ftse100 wrote:Worried1 , I got the same response after twice getting in progress update. It's a mess so I don't really trust on these email updates as it's just hit and trial. Better we wait for an official response.

ftse100 has your visa been processed now or are you still receiving these emails after update request?