ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Spouse Visa please-mixed answers from HO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chikoo77
Newly Registered

Post by chikoo77 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:55 pm

I am an Indian Citizen with indefinite stay in the UK since June 2007.

Before marriage, My wife was on a student visa (valid upto jan 2009) when we met in Oct 2006. We had a registered marriage in Dec 2006 in India.
Due to shortage of time, and my work and her study commitments we both came back and she carried on studying while living with me.

Now i am ready to apply for Spouse visa for her. I rang the HO today and was told that i since my wife is already in the UK on LTR (study visa), i can apply from WITHIN THE UK with FLR(M) and i can submit the indian marriage certificate with the application as far as the certificate is in English.

But i had spoken to another gentleman at the HO a couple of days ago and was told that i will have to apply from the Home Country or if i want to apply from within the uk, i have to apply for COA for my wife, register our marriage in the UK and then apply for dependant visa. I am really confused with mixed answers. Can i please have some advice. Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:21 am

If your marriage in India is considered as legally valid in India, then it would be valid for the UK and applying for FLR(M) with your Indian Marriage Certificate and English translation should be possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.