ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further pre 9 July 2012 FLR spouse visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Further pre 9 July 2012 FLR spouse visa queries

Post by thunderb0lt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello

My cousin is considering going for the FLR option as she currently does not have B1 English and Life in UK and probably won't be able to get it in time before visa expires in mid November. I have two queries if that's ok.

The couple have a dependant British Child who will not be part of the application for FLR. Should the British child be taken into account when calculating the adequate maintainence requirement for FLR.

The Sponsor is in receipt of Child benefit and Tax credits. Can these to be included when calculating income to see whether the adequate maintainence requirement is met.

If my cousing receives FLR will she have to wait until 1 month before FLR expires before applying for ILR or can she do this anytime given that she has already met the 2 year route for ILR.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Further pre 9 July 2012 FLR spouse visa queries

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:54 pm

When did your cousin submit her spouse settlement visa? Before July 9 2012 or after?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

thunderb0lt
United Kingdom

Post by thunderb0lt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Casa wrote:When did your cousin submit her spouse settlement visa? Before July 9 2012 or after?
The visa application was submitted in May 2012. It went to appeal and was granted after July 2012. My understand is that she is under the pre July 2012 requirements as she applied before.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:19 pm

That's right. This thread may answer some of your questions:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 85667.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.