ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ineligible Jobs for Work Permit - Seeking clarification

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dan01
Newly Registered

Ineligible Jobs for Work Permit - Seeking clarification

Post by Dan01 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:22 am

On the Ineligible Job Categories page at workpermit.com http://workpermit.com/ireland/ineligibl ... gories.htm some of the occupations listed are very vague.

For example, "All General Labourers and Operatives" "All Operator and Production Staff" "In the category 'Sales Staff' - All retail sales vacancies". What does that really mean?

Fortunately, my own occupation (Radio Broadcasting) isn't on the ineligible list, but what about something like Assistant Produce Manager in a grocery store? Am I right to assume that wouldn't be eligible?

The tricky part for me will be finding a Radio job that pays 30,000+ EURO per year.

Ako Dong
Newly Registered

Post by Ako Dong » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:39 am

The list of excluded jobs is not what you need to look at.
Look at the jobs that do qualify here: http://workpermit.com/ireland/eligible_ ... reland.htm
If its not on that list its not included unless the job pays over 60K.

Dan01
Newly Registered

Post by Dan01 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:05 am

Thanks for the reply.

Are you sure about that? That link seems to be for the Green Card permit. I already know I'm ineligible for that.

However, for the Work Permit scheme, it says:
The Work Permit Scheme is for issuance of work permits for occupations with a salary of EUR 30,000 a year or more where Green Card Permits are not available.
There are two categories of occupations under which the Work Permit Scheme can be applied for:

* The annual salary is EUR 30,000 a year or more (excluding bonuses). In this case, the work permit is available for all qualified occupations, other than those which are contrary to the public interest. In either case, work permits will not be considered for any job categories specified in the ineligible job categories list.
I checked the Ineligible Job Categories again, and there's nothing about Radio Broadcasting being ineligible. So presumably the only hurdle is that of the annual salary.

I'd still like to know what
# All Clerical and Administrative Positions
# All General Labourers and Operatives
# All Operator and Production Staff

actually means. It's very vague. I'll try emailing the Department of Trade & Enterprise I guess.