ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa-Australian married UK citizen in Australia

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

call2bala

UK spouse visa-Australian married UK citizen in Australia

Post by call2bala » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Dear Experts

I hope someone can guide me the latest procedure for UK immigration for Australian passport holders.

One of my friend is an Australian and his spouse is a UK citizen living in Australia for more than 15 years(still UK citizen). They are living in Australia.

Now they would like to immigrate to UK together next year.
Right now, she don't have house or Job in UK.
Is it possible for apply for UK dependent visa from Australia while living in Australia?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK spouse visa-Australian married UK citizen in Australi

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:01 pm

She'll need a proven job offer to start in three months in UK, or come to UK and get a job for six months at £18,600 pa or have saving of £62,500 or a combo of both.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Only if she can show that she has been earning the equivalent of £18,600 per annum for the 6 months prior to submitting her husband's spouse settlement visa application and she has a confirmed job offer in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival. The UK employment also has to meet the minimum £18,600 p.a salary. Alternatively, they would need £62,500 in savings, held in an accessible account for at least 6 months before the application is submitted.

The visa fee will be £956 and if the application is successful her husband will be granted an initial 2.5 year visa, after which he will have to apply for a further 2.5 year period of limited leave. Whe he has completed 5 years of residence he would qualify for permanent residence (ILR).

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Edit: In addition Wanderer's advice, arrive in the UK alone and apply for husband after employed for 6 months @ £18.600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:17 am

Does your Australian friend have a British born grandparent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

call2bala

Post by call2bala » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:57 am

Thanks a lot for the replies.

My Australian friends grandparents don't have British passport.

My Australian friend wife is British citizen and her parents are from England. She migrated to UK when she was young and after that she never gone back to UK.

Now they are thinking about returning back to UK.

From your replies, I believe it is really a tough job to migrate back to UK together.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 am

Settlement has certainly become tougher with the financial conditions.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.