ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliuk100
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by aliuk100 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:39 am

gullposh wrote:BAD NEWS........:(
Applied December 2014 Married
COA with right to work next moonth January 2015
after 8 months called me for interview.
attended interview September 2015

Refusal with right of Appeal in UK : 22 October
Refusal reason ... they realized in convenience marriage behalf of interview and few question which is they asked did not match.....

its already been long time and i am Really tired.. can anyone please suggest me what should i do for a quick positive response.

and one more question , in this situation can i apply for a another new COA ?
waiting for your kind reply guys .. Thank you !
Hello

Sorry to hear that, Probably appeal is the next option but from the previous discussion it appears that it takes quite a while. Might be applying again is an option, if some one can shed more light on it...

Btw what were the mismatched answers if you can share for knowledge of others.

Hopefully you get a solution suits you.

Good luck

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:45 am

Refusal reason ... they realized in convenience marriage behalf of interview and few question which is they asked did not match.....

its already been long time and i am Really tired.. can anyone please suggest me what should i do for a quick positive response.

Sorry to hear that, I advise you to write complaint by e-mail to the link below, they have 20 days to respond to you. But you must also send a appeal at the right time
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

I have send a pre-action letter to, and Home Office respond me back in 7 days.
Application sent: 14.04.15
COA: 05.05.15
Passport requested: 03.09.15
Passport received: 15.09.15
Home office called my employer: 10.09.15
Im EEA citizen, RC for my husband
RC: Pending

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:57 am

wegiwegi wrote:Well, today is just 6 months (24th April) since HO sent their email saying.....

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Now is time to make some phone calls to the HO and start querying about the application outcome, what will be the number I need to call, does anyone know, please??
HI wegiwegi
They estimate six months from the date you submitted your application and not from the date you received COA. They have already spent over six months in your application since 02/10/2015. Call the phone number 0300 123 2241. If they say that your application is still under process, you have to write a complaint to HO

mard2530

Post by mard2530 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 am

Heeeeelpp! Pleaseeeee....

Yesterday by mistake i was trying to ask my passport back and I widtraw the application. Can I call home office and say that?

Or there's nothing i can do?
Application sent: 05/01/2016
Application received: 06/01/2016
Payment taken : 08/01/2016
Biometric letter: 22/01/2016 (20/01/2016)
COA: 08/02/2016 (05/02/2016)
RC: 17/06/2016 (15/06/2016)
Documents: 28/06/2016

embassyinternational
Newly Registered

Post by embassyinternational » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:42 am

Update to add passport return information. Thanks to everyone on here who provided advice on requesting my passport! Was quick and problem-free. Now if I could just get my COA! :(

EEA(EFM - unmarried partner)
App delivered on 22/09
Fee taken on 26/09
Biometrics letter dated 28/09
Biometrics enrolled 05/10
Passport Requested 12/10
Passport Returned 19/10
COA pending

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am

mard2530 wrote:Heeeeelpp! Pleaseeeee....

Yesterday by mistake i was trying to ask my passport back and I widtraw the application. Can I call home office and say that?

Or there's nothing i can do?
That is most unfortunate and I am sorry to hear that. If I was in your situation I would call the HO ASAP!!! And I would not leave the phone until I the confirmation that the mistake withdrawal has been cancelled. I would also try to reach them by email and by written letter. I'm afraid I don't have any other advise to offer.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

sosa7

Post by sosa7 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi all ,wonderful job you guys doing here , need your help guys , I have recently received my COA with no right to work with a reason we are unmarried couple, can anything be done? Thanks guys

App sent 10/10
App delivered on 13/10
Fee taken on 14/10
Biometrics letter dated 21/10 received 24/10
COA w/No right to work: dated 21/10 received 24/10
Biometrics enrolled pending

mktemi75
Newly Registered

Post by mktemi75 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:07 pm

sosa7 wrote:Hi all ,wonderful job you guys doing here , need your help guys , I have recently received my COA with no right to work with a reason we are unmarried couple, can anything be done? Thanks guys

App sent 10/10
App delivered on 13/10
Fee taken on 14/10
Dear Sosa7,

There is nothing you can do about it because with you being an unmarried couple, your COA automatically comes with NO RIGHT TO WORK.
If you were married, then you get a COA with RIGHT TO WORK.
As far as i know that is the condition with COA

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:37 pm

mktemi75 wrote:
sosa7 wrote:Hi all ,wonderful job you guys doing here , need your help guys , I have recently received my COA with no right to work with a reason we are unmarried couple, can anything be done? Thanks guys

App sent 10/10
App delivered on 13/10
Fee taken on 14/10
Dear Sosa7,

There is nothing you can do about it because with you being an unmarried couple, your COA automatically comes with NO RIGHT TO WORK.
If you were married, then you get a COA with RIGHT TO WORK.
As far as i know that is the condition with COA
Dear Sosa7,

Yes Mktemi75 is right. COA with NO RIGHT TO WORK automatically for unmarried partner.
If you married and submit required documents then you entitle to have COA with RIGHT TO WORK.

But if you hold Family permit while you apply for Residence card as unmarried partner, HO must treat you same as direct family therefor you must get COA with right to work if you submit required documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v2_0.pdf

ARE YOU HOLD FAMILY PERMIT?

Good Luck Everyone.

sosa7

Post by sosa7 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks Guys for your swift response ..i have a valid EEA Family permit to expiry in december 20th

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 pm

sosa7 wrote:Thanks Guys for your swift response ..i have a valid EEA Family permit to expiry in december 20th
Dear Sosa7,

As said in Extended Family Members of EEA Nationals document of Home Office which I provided link on early post.

The question is Have you submit required documents?

If Yes, You must request a new COA with RIGHT TO WORK as Casework made a mistake.
If No, You can not request a new COA with RIGHT TO WORK unless you withdraw application and reapply again with required documents.

Page 7
Rights of an extended family member
Extended family members do not have automatic rights to enter and reside in the UK. Under regulation 7(3) of the regulations, an extended family member has the same rights as a direct family member, providing they continue to satisfy the conditions of regulation 8 and they have been issued with:
 an EEA family permit

 a registration certificate, or
 a residence card.
The above documents must remain valid and not have been revoked.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf

Link above is Processes and Procedures for EEA documents

Certificates of application: timescales
Residence cards
In line with regulation 17(3) of the regulations, on receipt of an application for a residence card and the documents that that are required to accompany that application, a COA must be issued ‘immediately’.

Certificates of application: direct family members
Applications for a residence card
To be issued with a ‘long’ COA confirming a right to take employment while their application is under consideration, the applicant must have submitted:
 a valid passport
 a valid EEA identity (ID) card or EEA passport for the EEA national
 evidence of relationship to their EEA national (for example, marriage or birth
certificates) and either:
o evidence the EEA national has exercised free movement rights in the UK as a
jobseeker, worker, self-employed person, self-sufficient person or student o evidence the EEA national has permanent residence in the UK

If they have not submitted all of the evidence listed above, you must issue a ‘short’ COA, which does not confirm a right to take employment.

Anyone issued with a ‘short’ COA due to their failure to submit the required evidence cannot later be issued with a ‘long’ COA if they submit this evidence.[/i]

Certificates of application: extended family members
Extended family members, including durable partners, of EEA nationals do not enjoy an automatic right of residence in the UK until they have been issued with a document by the Home Office confirming such a right.

You must issue a ‘short’ COA to extended family members who have submitted an application for a residence card regardless of the level of evidence submitted with their application.

For further information on extended family members, see related links: Extended family members of EEA nationals.

Extended family member in this section does not have Family Permit.

When Extended family member has Family Permit and must has the same right with Direct family.

Hope it help.

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Dear Sosa7,

App sent 10/10
App delivered on 13/10
Fee taken on 14/10

When i look at your timelines above, you have been issue COA with NO RIGHT TO WORK same date with Biometrics letter

You and I are same case as unmarried partner with Family Permit but i have not receive COA yet which i expect to receive next week sometime. Therefor must be something wrong with your required documents that i mention early in Certificates of application: direct family members

As i said before if you are sure you submitted documents as required, therefore Caseworker make mistake and you must request new COA with RIGHT TO WORK.

Good Luck

Lux2015
Newly Registered

Post by Lux2015 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi, I applied my application for a non eea family member visa, married. My wife is from Spain. It's been over 3 weeks but I haven't received the acknowledgment letter for it. But I have received the letter for biomatrics ...... What should I do ..... Can anyone help?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Lux2015 wrote:Hi, I applied my application for a non eea family member visa, married. My wife is from Spain. It's been over 3 weeks but I haven't received the acknowledgment letter for it. But I have received the letter for biomatrics ...... What should I do ..... Can anyone help?
Lux,

As far as I can tell, the acknowledgment email is only ever sent if your are doing a joint application with your wife (that is, both of you are applying for a residence card, which is not necessary for EEA nationals and why some people don't do it). The email will be sent to her, as the EEA national.

If your application is just for you (that is, if your wife is not applying for a RC as Qualified Person), then the Biometrics letter is your acknowledgement! What else do you want? :P

To answer your question, you have to go and enrol your biometrics ASAP!!! I think you have a time limit to do that, like two weeks, so don't delay that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

m akmal
Newly Registered

Post by m akmal » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 pm

hi
my name is akmal an i apply eea2 spouse is eu national .friends I APPLY SECOND TIME
I APPLY 1/08/15

RECEIVE COA 12/09/15 BUT IT WAS DATED 9/09/15
WAITING FOR RC
SOME BODY APPLY SAME TIME KEEP IN CONTACT WITH ME FRIENDS

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:46 am

Obie wrote:

For convenience refusal, only remedy is to appeal.
OBEI ,Thank you very much for your quick and kind reply .. so can i apply for my new COA during the Appeal ? thanks

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:49 am

nora_804 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I advise you to write complaint by e-mail to the link below, they have 20 days to respond to you. But you must also send a appeal at the right time

Nora if i make a complaint ,, can they change the decision ? lol ....
what's the point to make a complaint .

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:57 am

aliuk100 wrote:

Hello

Sorry to hear that, Probably appeal is the next option but from the previous discussion it appears that it takes quite a while. Might be applying again is an option, if some one can shed more light on it...

Btw what were the mismatched answers if you can share for knowledge of others.

Hopefully you get a solution suits you.

Good luck
thanks for your suggestion ,, our mismatched question was about when iv been stop studied in the uk ? its been before when we met .. so my wife actually didn't know that .. and they asked us about our ceremony which day was on .. and to be honest we did only knew the date and we mentioned that.. i think who remember the day .. lol

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:44 am

gullposh wrote:
nora_804 wrote:

Nora if i make a complaint ,, can they change the decision ? lol ....
what's the point to make a complaint .

Based on what I have read in this forum earlier I have seen that people have gotten RC after they sent a complaint. I've searched a lot about the complaint in this forum and I have seen that people have gotten RC even if the they have also sent an appeal. It is up to each individual to do what they want, I have chosen to issue a complaint in addition to appeal. good luck

deeop
Newly Registered

Post by deeop » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:30 pm

june applicants..are you there :D :) i am beginning to get nervous and impatient now.why this long wait.i think home office are deprived of staffs for that matter few caseworkers handling our applications. They are just traumatizing us.

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 pm

deeop wrote:june applicants..are you there :D :) i am beginning to get nervous and impatient now.why this long wait.i think home office are deprived of staffs for that matter few caseworkers handling our applications. They are just traumatizing us.
yes desperately waitin for next month :D
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

khers
Newly Registered

Post by khers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:34 am

Hello:

I would like to add my timeline to the discussion and talk about my experience.

Application for Residence Card as spouse of an EEA national (joint application with the Registration Certificate of my partner): 25/08/2015
Acknowledgment received from HO via email: 01/09/2015
Biometrics Enrollment Letter: 23/10/2015 (dated 21/10/2015)
Biometrics enrolled: 24/10/2015
Certificate of Application: not received yet

I requested my passport back due to medical reasons the 15/09/2015 I received my document back three days after that, (I used the online form). My wife requested her ID 25/09/2015 and Home Office never sent it back, we requested her ID again 10/10/2015 with no positive result. We began calling to the HO each two days, because they were all the time saying my wife's document will be received soon. Finally I was able to contact a case worker in Liverpool that told us that I don't receive the CoA because I have requested back my passport so early and that because of the same reason my wife's ID hasn't been delivered.

The treatment it's really outrageous and the complaints sent to the European Commission have been proved worthless and the Home Office still doesn't respect treaties acquired. The percentage of Residence Card denials is high according to the statistics presented by the same HO. (available at the official website).

The only thing that works with them it's writting to the complaint and enquiries team, (at least in my case) because we were asking for the Biometrics Enrollment Letter and the CoA to be sent, and we only got response when using the public enquiries line. A solicitor recommended to do so, stating that the public enquiries team is independent section separated from the Permanent Migration Team and has the power to exercise pressure in order to improve the quality of service, and could cause the Internal Affairs section to sanction a case worker, that's why sometimes many residence card unfairly denied could be approved using the public enquiry alternative.

The time processing for the Residence Card is really a nightmare. This has to stop, and the current UK goverment must respect treaty rights and issue the cards on a priority basis. I think that the famous interviews are and outrage and an intromission to private life. According to the HO stastics only few cases are submitted to the interview but nevertheless even few cases would be unfair, because many of us came after living with our couples in their home countries, many of us have been issued local residence cards that should be enough proof of validity of our relationship, and not to be subjected to this discriminatory treatment.

A final problem I've encountered was how quick the regulations are changing, on or after 6th April 2015 the change to the biometric residence card has generated serious delays and we must wait 21 days from the enrollment of biometrics in order to ask for a CoA if the CoA has not been delivered during that time. Which means impossibility to get a NIN to open a bank account, and many other restrictions.

Kindest regards to all,

James

sosa7

Post by sosa7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 am

i submitted all required documents including my valid EEA family permit.Please kindly let me know the steps to take in get a new COA with right to work(detail information pls ..thanks guys

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:03 pm

sosa7 wrote:i submitted all required documents including my valid EEA family permit.Please kindly let me know the steps to take in get a new COA with right to work(detail information pls ..thanks guys

Dear Sosa7,

I received COA today with right to work, And now i am in a very long waiting queue same with everyone.

As I mentioned before that your case and I are same. You mast make sure that you send all required document and must be original not copy. Then you can send email to nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all your details, name, DOB, passport number, case reference and request new COA with right to work and refer to the Home office process and procedure which is in early post that you have Family Permit and must treat you as Direct Family which entitles to have COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:31 pm

ten513 wrote:
sosa7 wrote:i submitted all required documents including my valid EEA family permit.Please kindly let me know the steps to take in get a new COA with right to work(detail information pls ..thanks guys

Dear Sosa7,

I received COA today with right to work, And now i am in a very long waiting queue same with everyone.

As I mentioned before that your case and I are same. You mast make sure that you send all required document and must be original not copy. Then you can send email to nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all your details, name, DOB, passport number, case reference and request new COA with right to work and refer to the Home office process and procedure which is in early post that you have Family Permit and must treat you as Direct Family which entitles to have COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT
Congratulations ten513. When is your CoA dated?