ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card middle name spell mistake

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rv2smile
Newly Registered

BRP card middle name spell mistake

Post by rv2smile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I have received my BRP card today and found there is minor spelling mistake in my middle name.

I need to travel urgently tomorrow to my home town, can I travel with the same and then ask for change in biometric details from home destination.

Please advice urgently.

trek

Re: BRP card middle name spell mistake

Post by trek » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 am

Hi rv2Smile,

I would suggest not to travel because when you return you may face issues in UK immigration. As your passport name and BRP name will not match. You would need to inform immediately to brperror@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (verify the exact email from your BRP letter) and also inform them your intention to travel , see what their response is.

Your error (Name spelling) may be only in BRP printing or may be incorrectly mentioned in your file by your case worker, you would need to get corrected.

For details how to get BRP corrected refer the details in below mentioned link.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 180#742180

Regards,
Trek
rv2smile wrote:I have received my BRP card today and found there is minor spelling mistake in my middle name.

I need to travel urgently tomorrow to my home town, can I travel with the same and then ask for change in biometric details from home destination.

Please advice urgently.

es4348
Newly Registered

Post by es4348 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm

HI GUYS

ive made a big blunder here. My correct full name is Eric Sharoon Shahzar. In my online application i wrote Eric Shahzar in my given names instead of writing Eric Sharoon. So my full name turned out to be Eric Shahzar Shahzar which is incorrect.

I received my BRP today and noticed this blunder with my name as Eric Shahzar SHahzar , my surname has been mentioned twice. I didnt noticed on the cover letter as well until i receoved my BRP. It is my fault because i should have checked it but the case worker should have also tried to match it up with my passport name..

anyway, i have mailed brp error and reported online on the gov.uk website too. please help me out. what will happen?

trek

Post by trek » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi es4348,

Either of the 2 things may happen:
1. Since case worker made a mistake and did not match up you online form details with you passport (which is s bug miss), ukba may correct the name details and send you corrected brp , or

2. They may say it is completely your mistake and make the existing BRP & application invalid . Hence they can ask you to resubmit new application. This is because after end of every application you sign confirming all details given by you are correct, and they may take this as excuse.

Only good thing out of all thsi , you identified this and agreed that it was your mistake in filling form and reported the same to UKBA...so UKBA cannot say that you intended to hide some thing.

Hope for the best , prepare for the worst.

All the best.

Regards,
Trek.

es4348
Newly Registered

Post by es4348 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 am

Thanks Trek.

I am already in the UK doing my masters. I applied from the UK only through the premium service. I can't believe I made this blunder.

My old visa expires on Nov 7. If they call off my application what will happen?