ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question on criminality check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Quick question on criminality check

Post by abhisheks9 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 am

Hello members

I am still less than yr away due for ILR but had question about criminality check.
Is it worth doing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check myself?
Reason is I am trying to sort out 4 yrs old council tax non payment issue and afraid it should not have had escalated to point of entry into criminal record and thereby push my eligibility for ILR.
Also I am quite confused about dbs checking as scotland where I reside (and council issue is also is in scotland) has it's own dbs checking? Is there not UK level check?
I am chasing council tax issue, which is taking time due to historical nature which needs digging into, but hope it should not have gone into criminal level and I guess at most civil penalty/judgement is fine which won't hamper my ILR eligibility as long as I declare it?

I also referred similar topic here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 26196.html, but my case very very old, thus the worry.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Re: Quick question on criminality check

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Update!!
i had summary warrant from Sheriff Court with additional 10% added to arrears but nothing was beyond this. So i paid full amount and got receipt for same.

just to confirm this is neither CJJ nor Civil penalty/judgement and no need to declare it in SET (O) form at time of ILR?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:57 pm

By the sounds of it, You've a good chance to slip through the system, go for it Lad

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks for response @Not me again
ILR still next yr away and am pretty sure don't need to declare this but still wanted to confirm same.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 am

Hey you better behave till next year

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 am

:D 8)