ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Passport Supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lijogrg444

Return of Passport Supporting documents

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:03 am

Hi,

I applied for my first adult passport on the basics of naturalisation on 22nd of OCT using post office check and send . I am going to india on the 11th of November ,so i need my Indian passport returned before that . Do you guys think i should be worried. Is there anything I can do to speed up the return of the documents. I paid extra £3 for the secure delivery of the documents .

Please advise,i am worried

lijogrg444

Re: Return of Passport Supporting documents

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:54 am

please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am

You wait less than an hour between posting :idea: :shock:

No, there is nothing you can do to speed up the process, you will need to wait. Why did you apply for your passport so close to traveling? You would have have better off waiting to apply for the passport once you returned to the UK. Paying the extra £3 does not speed up the process unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:06 am

sorry for bumping the thread .

I just want my documents returned . Do you think i should be worried?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:19 am

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:28 am

Thanks .

i got an email as a reply to my tracking request
Dear Mr Geo

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Durham Passport Office on the 23/10/2015.

Your passport application is currently going through the examination process.

Correctly completed applications are generally being processed within the timescales of the service you have applied for:

If you applied using the Check and Send service, available through selected branches of Post Office Limited, your application has a turnaround target of 3 weeks. This, however, is not a guaranteed service and turnaround times may exceed this during periods of peak demand.

Please note that if you are aged 16 or over and are applying for your first passport you will be required to attend an interview as part of the application process. We recommend that you allow 6 weeks for your application to be processed.

Thank you

Customer service e-mail team

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:53 am

"We recommend that you allow 6 weeks for your application to be processed."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:13 am

Crikey mate thats cutting it so fine!! I'm not up to date with current timelines for British passport applications - I got mine just under 3 weeks, a couple of mates got theirs within 2 weeks - but bear in mind we applied for our passports earlier in the year before all the kerfuffle of rule changes with BC. Unfortunately Casa is right, you will just have to wait, all the best to you.

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 am

thanks for the reply mate . Hope I will get my supporting documents back which includes my current Indian passport ,so that i can travel .
tripping wrote:Crikey mate thats cutting it so fine!! I'm not up to date with current timelines for British passport applications - I got mine just under 3 weeks, a couple of mates got theirs within 2 weeks - but bear in mind we applied for our passports earlier in the year before all the kerfuffle of rule changes with BC. Unfortunately Casa is right, you will just have to wait, all the best to you.

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 pm

woreey :-)

The documents are on the way to me via the DX . Hopefully will get it tomorrow.

Oozz
Newly Registered

Post by Oozz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied through check and send and paid for secured return of my supporting documents.
Do you know if DX sends you a text to inform you that you should be expecting your documents back ?

HMPO informed me that the invitation letter is on its way but not sure if they send the supporting documents in the same envelope?

This a million!

lijogrg444

Post by lijogrg444 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Supporting documents and your passport will be in separate envelopes .