ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Olumba

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Olumba » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:13 am

I am a new entrant to this forum and have read a lot on different application.
Let me share my own case.
I came in as a student in Jan2014mfinishe my programme in May 2015 but applied for Flr(fp) before my visa expired. i have a british partner who is pregnant but had a british son in her previous relationship.
Date of application 29th May,2015
Biometric letter recieved in July 02,2015
Biometric done on 10/07/2015
Recieved a letter for further documentation on 10th August 2015
Sent the document on 23 /08/2015
Recieved another letter for further documentation on the same document . I wrote them that i have posted it and still ask my lawyer to write a letter to them.
15/10/2015 my application was refused but was ask to appeal in 14 days at first tier tribunal.
Can anyone tell me the document to support my appeal because i will going for oral hearing. my british partner wants us to go for oral hearing . She is due for delievery in 6 weeks time .
i need your advise all you good people on this forum.
Thank you all

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:57 am

Olumba wrote:I am a new entrant to this forum and have read a lot on different application.
I came in as a student in Jan2014mfinishe my programme in May 2015 but applied for Flr(fp) before my visa expired. i have a british partner who is pregnant but had a british son in her previous relationship.
Recieved another letter for further documentation on the same document . I wrote them that i have posted it and still ask my lawyer to write a letter to them.
15/10/2015 my application was refused but was ask to appeal in 14 days at first tier tribunal.
Can anyone tell me the document to support my appeal because i will going for oral hearing. my british partner wants us to go for oral hearing . She is due for delievery in 6 weeks time .
Thank you all
Hi, what further document was requested from you? That might have been the basis Of decision since they requested it twice

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 am

Passport of my partner son
birth certificate
letter from school or GP show his address and my contact with him
Letter from his mum that his dad has no access since he was born
and proof of address that my partner and i are cohabitating

Grecia01
Newly Registered

Post by Grecia01 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Grecia01 wrote:
Olumba wrote:I am a new entrant to this forum and have read a lot on different application.
Thank you all
Hi, what further document was requested from you? That might have been the basis Of decision since they requested it twice
I guess you applied on the partner route, which requires you to prove that you've been with your partner for two years. Your best chance would have been with you having your baby before applying. What is the reason for refusal as in HO letter? I'll also advise you go through the forum and PM some members that have gone through similar situation. Not everyone still come to the forum often.

Shona
Newly Registered

Post by Shona » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how long is it taking for the HO to extend leave outside the rules (LOTR) applications. I was granted limited leave to remain for 2.5 years and I have applied for an extension. Circumstances have not changed in any way.

Date of application: 29/09/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 10/10/2015
BRP request: 14/10/2015
BRP done: 16/10/2015
Decision: Awaiting
Docs: Awaiting
BRP: Awaiting

Thanks,

Shona

Sheila12
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila12 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. :D submitted flro 1 October 2014 and by the grace of God I was granted a fee waiver, 8 September 2015 biometrics done awaiting a devine decision. Praying God will not pass us by this month as its 7 weeks for me.

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello all members

I have pending FLR FP application

Application made :05 May 2015
Acknowledge and bio metric + ECHR letter: 21 May 2015
Bio done: 25/5/15
Home office instructed my employer to stop me working because application made after previous leave expired: 13th Aug 2015
Spoke to home office several times since then

development

Spoke to home office in 23/10/15

They advised that the sent a letter to my lawyer on 22/10/15 by recorded delivery and provided with tracking number KX ******** GB.

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Younaf wrote:Hello all members

Home office instructed my employer to stop me working because application made after previous leave expired: 13th Aug 2015

development

They advised that the sent a letter to my lawyer on 22/10/15 by recorded delivery and provided with tracking number KX ******** GB.
Hi Younaf

HO usually sends the letters if they ask for additional info. Recorded Delivery means clearly looks like they have taken a decision on your case.

I wish you good luck and I'm positive your application has been approved according to your personal circumstances which also includes your British Kid.

Give us a good news tomorrow.

Regards

Ali

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:00 pm

AliG123 wrote:Hello Everyone hope you are doing well.

Please shed some light on my case and give me some advice as it will be 6 months on 25th of this month since I applied for my FLR fp application.

As currently I don't have Right to work in the Uk it's getting very difficult for us to survive here.

Can I do something else apart waiting from my end so HO takes the decision on my case.

Case History:

I have been in the UK from feb 2007, came as a student and changed to Tier 1 General and when I applied for the 3 year extension my visa has been refused on the basis of interview and they said applicant is not credible.

I have appealed to First tier tribunal they refused and appealed to Upper Tribunal but they sent a letter saying they won't change the decision.

I have applied for FLP FP on the basis for family and private life and I had a girlfriend and we got married religiously not the registered marriage.

As I have applied after 28 days run out because of some issues at the time.I currently don't have right to work and I don't know what to do till then as everyone here is saying it takes months and years to get reply from home office. I don't know what to do in this case. My wife wrote a letter to local mp but no luck and also to HomeOffice and they said they can't give me temporary right to work until application is decided.

HO requested for my updated passport in June which was expired while with HO. So we requested for return of original passport so we can renew and return but haven't heard anything after that.

We have made numerous calls and letters to Case Worker but never got any response from them. They don't even communicate clearly how long it will take?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Date application sent: 25/04/2015
Date Acknowledgement received: 29/04/2015
Date biometrics letter received : 19/05/2015
Date Biometrics done: 21/05/2015
Decision: Waiting

Many Thanks in advance.
in law, a passport cannot be returned if leave has expired.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

AliG123

Post by AliG123 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Thank-you so much for your response OBIE, they are the ones (HO) who requested for updated passport and said to me on the phone they are preparing to send my passport back so I can renew and return it but ever since nothing happened.

Regards

Ali

Sheila12
Newly Registered

Post by Sheila12 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Younuf Praying you receive good news on Monday as well everyone awaiting a decision.

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Younaf

HO usually sends the letters if they ask for additional info. Recorded Delivery means clearly looks like they have taken a decision on your case.

I wish you good luck and I'm positive your application has been approved according to your personal circumstances which also includes your British Kid.

Give us a good news tomorrow.

Regards

Ali

Thanks Ali,

Inshallah a positive news after a long time, may you will be blessed soon and will come off of the pressure cooker.

I will update as soon as I get the news on Monday 26 /10/15.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:56 pm

AliG123 wrote:Thank-you so much for your response OBIE, they are the ones (HO) who requested for updated passport and said to me on the phone they are preparing to send my passport back so I can renew and return it but ever since nothing happened.

Regards

Ali
Well they may return it, however the policy is not to return passport.

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:57 am

Sheila12 wrote:Younuf Praying you receive good news on Monday as well everyone awaiting a decision.
Thank you so much Sheila

Will update all of you as soon as I hear from my lawyer.

Hopefully this time will be a good news

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:22 pm

development

further development in Saga UKBA

There is no tracking number, no post has been sent out. No decision has been made.
They've no idea why somebody answering call gave me a tracking number.
So nothing to cheer about still waiting for outcome.

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello all,

Background Story;

Came with my wife to UK - Jan. 2006
First Child born (UK) - 2006
EEA Dependant Application - Mid 2008
Further Info requested - Aug. 2009
Second Child born (UK) - 2009
EEA RC Granted - Very Late in 2009
Third Child born (UK) - 2011
EEA4 PR Application (in time) - Nov. 2009 (Strained relationship with my EEA Family Member)
EEA4 Refused with Appeal Right and I was advised in the Refusal Letter to Apply through FLRFP.
Based on advice sourced, I Contracted Solicitor, Appeal Filling Fees paid, Court Fees, a Barrister Fees and Others - £3500
FTT Appeal Refused due to my income of over £30K as at 2011, Property of over £200K purchased by me in 2011 and ultimately due to unpreparedness of the Barrister paid to defend us. It is worth to know that Home Office Presenting Officer categorically told me,my wife and children before the Judge that they are not asking us to leave UK but to apply through UK Immigration Rule.
Solicitors developed strange attitude sometimes afterward of the decision and asked for another £2000 (when I asked about FLRFP which was mentioned in the initial refusal letter received in March this year, by HOPO and FTT Judge) despite that he knew that I have resigned from my work due to stress and in order not to break immigration rule.

FLRFP Timeline;

01092015 - Without Solicitor, I applied for FLRFP through Premium Services for myself, wife and 3 children based on Private life of my 9.5 Years Old Child and no Criminal Conviction.
Total Cost (5 Applications, NHS Surcharge and Premium Fees) - £7750

08092015 - Biometric taken for all family and I was told that Further Enquiries was required and they hope to get back to me within two weeks because no decision could be made on the day. Lots of documents returned to me on the day.

03102015 - After three weeks, I Rang PEO Centre for an update. I was told CW was on holiday

10102015 - Rang again for an update.I was informed CW was too busy. I was asked if I wanted to travel but I said no but I needed my passport for new Job I order to cater for my family, my house and so on.

17102015 - Rang again and I informed HO that I should be noted that I wasn't receiving Value for the £2000 paid for premium by me. I was told that decision will be made on the following Wednesday 21102015.

21102015 - I received phonecall (unknown no) from CW/Home Office that our Application have been approved and that I will receive all our passports (9 in total), Biometric Resident Permits and all the supporting ducoments on Friday 23102015.

23102015 - Biometric Cards (5 in total) received through private Courier and Passports and Documents received via Guaranteed Following Day Delivery around 11am on the same day.

The 6/7 Months was tremendous and agony. I sincerely pray that God will answer the prayers of everybody in this kind of situation. Amen.

Good Luck Everyone.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 pm

You case is interesting. I am surprised why your EEA appeal was refused.

But congratulations on your success.

Anyway I had told you that your EEA will fail, but you said I was wrong.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1120045

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:56 pm

@Obie,

Thank you for your kind word and most importantly your reply to my post about Retained Right ticked on my EEA4 Application based on the advised sourced from another Solicitor and paid for if you may remember.

Your were right and your reply motivated me to prepare for worst case scenario.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 pm

I am glad you succeeded in the End.

Life is a teacher. Prepare for the long road to ILR eventually.

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:30 pm

Hello Obie/Other Moderators,

I was granted FLRFP alongside my family last week although my children will be eligible to register as British Citizen using Form T once they reached Age 10 with eldest due next year.

Question; Will time spent from either 2008 when I applied for EEA Residence Card, Nov. 2009 when RCs were Granted for myself and wife or 2006 that I came to UK vis-a-vis that my first child was born in UK count towards 10 Years Long Residence ILR Route?

Possible 10 Years ILR LR scenarios, please let me know your opinion;

2016 if we go by 2006 that I entered UK and that my first daughter was born
2018 if we go by the date that HO acknowledged our EEA RC Application back in 2008 or
2019 because our RCs were Granted in Nov. 2009.

Subject to Rule Changes, please let me know the best date to apply for ILR.

Thank you.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Younaf wrote:

development

There is no tracking number, no post has been sent out. No decision has been made.
Hi I will advice you to call homeoffice again and verify they have sent you a decision. If they have, check on the post office website to see if its been delivered.,..these things can happen so be sure there is no mix up. All the best
Godgives

missdrine
Newly Registered

Post by missdrine » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:24 pm

missdrine wrote:Hi everyone,

- Student visa in 2010
- Extended student visa to further education
- Applied FLR FP in January 2015
- Refused in March 2015 with right to appeal
- Oral hearing was in September 2015
- Appeal was allowed and now am waiting ...

PS: I don't have any children, applied under unmarried partner and never breached any law.

Just a quick update:
w/c 19 October: received letter from HO confirming that they wish to implement the Judges decision
28 October: received BRP card
Now waiting for my passport.

Good luck all.

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Younaf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

GodGives wrote:
Younaf wrote:

development

Hi I will advice you to call homeoffice again and verify they have sent you a decision. If they have, check on the post office website to see if its been delivered.,..these things can happen so be sure there is no mix up. All the best

Spoke today 29:10:15

Nothing has been sent out, I still need to continue to wait.
They need to investigate and listen to the call I made on Friday to establish what exactly happened.
However, nothing can be done --- still need to wait

missdrine
Newly Registered

Post by missdrine » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:14 pm

@Icehouse256: I cannot receive or send private messages. How can I help you?

kingmk
Newly Registered

Post by kingmk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:01 pm

OVERSTAYER SINCE 2013.
EX PARTNER BRITISH
TWO BRITISH CHILDREN
Application FLR (FP)
sent via post 23.09. 2015
received by HO 24. 09.2015
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ECHR LETTER: 05/10/2015.
BIOMETRIC LETTER + REQUEST FOR IHS NUMBER: 29.10/2015.
BIOMETRIC DONE: 29:10.2015
AWAITING DECISION.