ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: Professional referee

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:45 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey, Many Thanks for the detailed reply. Really appreciate it.

Can the professional referer be a friend of one of my relative? I know the referer cannot be a relative? Also if he is a bank official, Can he give his personal yahoo email-id or Should the email-id be that of office?

Also my biometric data was taken in March-2013 for ILR. Will they still call me for biometric again?
The referee must not be your relative.
Nor for that matter can they be your personal representative nor a HO employee/official.
And they must not have unexpired criminal convictions.
Othewise all good.

A professional may state their office details or personal details.
They may also state "details available on request" if they do not wish to disclose too much personal information to the applicant.

Yes, due to new regulations you will be invited to enrol biometrics again.
I guess HO are interested to confirm that applicants (in general) are the same person as last time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

IlrDependent
Newly Registered

Post by IlrDependent » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:03 am

Hey noajthan, Many Thanks for your reply.

I am going to submit my form today as I want to make it before Nov Engish language test rule comes in. I could not get NCS service this week anywhere and so I am sending the appication directly. I am putting down list of documents I am sending. Please if you could have a look through and advise if anything I have missed. Please let me know of any document which people generally add-on. Say tax documents.

I got my ILR in Mar-2013 and in last five years I have been away for 139 days only.

Fee payment page
Application form
Expired and Current Passport
Life in UK Test
NARIC letter ( Comparablity and English Assessment)
Biometric Visa Card

Application form with both referees. One is an accountant, on tier-1 visa and member of ACCA in UK and the other has British passport and was my collauge in previous job.

I have one more doubt. Do I not need to send photographs. There is one on reference page, which has my name and dob on the back. Do they not need any other photographs.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:01 pm

IlrDependent wrote:Hey noajthan, Many Thanks for your reply.

I am going to submit my form today as I want to make it before Nov Engish language test rule comes in. I could not get NCS service this week anywhere and so I am sending the appication directly. I am putting down list of documents I am sending. Please if you could have a look through and advise if anything I have missed. Please let me know of any document which people generally add-on. Say tax documents.

I have one more doubt. Do I not need to send photographs. There is one on reference page, which has my name and dob on the back. Do they not need any other photographs.
You will be invited to enrol biometrics.

Suggest include a pre-paid (self-addressed) special delivery envelope from Royal Mail to help assure safe return of documents.

Make sure you were physically present in UK 5 years from date of application.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.