ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

birth registration at cgi birmingham

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evalucky1
Newly Registered

birth registration at cgi birmingham

Post by evalucky1 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi,
can someone please help me.
im planning to apply birth certificate to my son at birmingham consulate.
i filled the online form and trying to book an online appointment.

there are two links in the online appointment page. which service should i select in order to book appointment for birth registration?

Please Click Here to book your online appointment for submission of applications for consular services in person at the Consulate.Please 

Click Here to visit VFS Website to schedule an appointment for Visa/Passport/Consular/OCI Services.

thanks

qwert
Newly Registered

Re: birth registration at cgi birmingham

Post by qwert » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:43 am

Hello all, Thanks for the valuable information regarding birth registration and passport for the new born. I got registration letter in the morning today from CGI Birmingham. I applied on 8th April, yes two days!

Here is what I did.
Booked an appointment online at CGI Birmingham, Documents as per the list given on the CGI website
http://cgibirmingham.org/page/display/89/20

1. online form with MHA number (signed by both parents). while submitting online form - only one parent signed
2. Passport and visa pages self attested - both parents + Marriage certificate
only 1 copy per document(not triplicates as written - I carried triplicates as per the website)
3. 1 photo for the baby pasted on the Misc form - filled in the name for baby - any one parent need to sign on that form.. thumb impression not needed
4. £17
5. consular people gave another form to be filled there - to be signed by both parents.
6. special delivery envelop

went half an hour before the appointment time, no issues, counter 8.. again no queue for this. Lady took the documents and money, gave the receipt. Asked us to wait to appear before consular in an hours time. we were done in approx 1 hour.

Already booked an appointment for VFS for passport for 17. Will post the details then.

thanks again.
qwert

krishna_nath
Newly Registered

Post by krishna_nath » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi qwert,thanks for the information.
Could you please let me know if both parents are required to be present at the CGI Office.

Regards,
Krishna

techie123
Newly Registered

Post by techie123 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi,

Can someone share the link to book the online appointment for birth registration at cgi Birmingham as I can only find the link for OCI appointment?

Thanks,
techie123

asarunprabhu
Newly Registered

Post by asarunprabhu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Techie123

Did you manage to book an appointment? Can you please share your experience as I need to register a birth.

Thanks
Arun