ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RCoS allocation (Help)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

RCoS allocation (Help)

Post by EssDeezill » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:48 am

Hi all,

I was just browsing on the boards and noticed a little chatter about a new points system? I did some brief googling and couldn't find a new system - or at least one that was noticeably different from the one used in past months. Would someone be able to explain the changes?

If I scored a 39 on the previous scores, might this go up or down on the new system, now? Does this new system also help explain the really, really low 22 allocation point for October?

Thanks guys, this board has been a super help for me and a few others. Thank you again

SD

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: New Tier 2 Scoring System? (Help)

Post by physicskate » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:16 am

EssDeezill wrote:Hi all,

I was just browsing on the boards and noticed a little chatter about a new points system? I did some brief googling and couldn't find a new system - or at least one that was noticeably different from the one used in past months. Would someone be able to explain the changes?

If I scored a 39 on the previous scores, might this go up or down on the new system, now? Does this new system also help explain the really, really low 22 allocation point for October?

Thanks guys, this board has been a super help for me and a few others. Thank you again

SD
It's just that the quota had never been reached. It now has and to determine who get the RCOS they use their 'points'.

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Yeah I gathered that. Though maybe I'm misunderstanding.

So there isn't a change in how the points are allocated and there aren't different qualifications and such for point totals?

a 39 a month ago is still a 39 now I guess is what I'm asking

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 pm

EssDeezill wrote:Yeah I gathered that. Though maybe I'm misunderstanding.

So there isn't a change in how the points are allocated and there aren't different qualifications and such for point totals?

a 39 a month ago is still a 39 now I guess is what I'm asking
Correct. There is no change. It's just that this system hasn't needed to be used until the quota was reached.

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Great to know. And super frustrating given that my previous employer has not applied for me in a few years.

Silly question - now that I have you here - is there any other way I can live/spend my life in the UK as a Canadian without a sponsorship? Given that I do not have any family history there, either.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 pm

EssDeezill wrote:Great to know. And super frustrating given that my previous employer has not applied for me in a few years.

Silly question - now that I have you here - is there any other way I can live/spend my life in the UK as a Canadian without a sponsorship? Given that I do not have any family history there, either.
You could become a student (Tier 4) or if you have over £200,000 you could apply as a Tier 1 (entrepeneur) or you could invest upwards of a million £ (it might be more) for a Tier 1 investor visa.

Look on the .gov website to have a look, but basically probably no other routes (the only other ones that exist are family routes, or if you are world famous).

What do you mean they haven't applied for you for a few years? Are you currently in the UK on a Tier 2?

EssDeezill
Newly Registered

Post by EssDeezill » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Well I had worked there for 2 years already with my YMS visa. We tried reapplying last year around May/June and didn't get in because my point total was too low. So I had to come back to Canada. But for August and October it seemed like if we applied, I would've been accepted to come in.

I definitely don't meet the qualifications yet for the other Visa options. It sucks that it is so tricky, but understandable... I guess?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:32 pm

EssDeezill wrote:Well I had worked there for 2 years already with my YMS visa. We tried reapplying last year around May/June and didn't get in because my point total was too low. So I had to come back to Canada. But for August and October it seemed like if we applied, I would've been accepted to come in.

I definitely don't meet the qualifications yet for the other Visa options. It sucks that it is so tricky, but understandable... I guess?
Doesn't an RCOS application just roll over to the next month?

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Re: RCoS allocation (Help)

Post by migrant_uk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm

New point table has been implemented and it is vital for your RCOS application. If you have 39 points (based on the old table), I think you will have 27 based on the new table. The minimum possible on new table is 21 (was 32 on old table) and cut-off in October was 22 points.

The following link has the both tables (old and new)
http://www.newlandchase.com/immigration ... ary-bands/

Not an expert, just recently went through this process.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: RCoS allocation (Help)

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 pm

migrant_uk wrote:New point table has been implemented and it is vital for your RCOS application. If you have 39 points (based on the old table), I think you will have 27 based on the new table. The minimum possible on new table is 21 (was 32 on old table) and cut-off in October was 22 points.

The following link has the both tables (old and new)
http://www.newlandchase.com/immigration ... ary-bands/

Not an expert, just recently went through this process.
Cheers for that! Must have slipped my notice! The constant changes mean I sometimes forget stuff... it must be my old age catching up with me!

Most of us here aren't experts, just base our advice on our experience, or have gone through the process ourselves.