ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Termination of CoS - cost?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brightskies
Newly Registered

Termination of CoS - cost?

Post by brightskies » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query, please? I've been digging around on the HO website quite a lot, with no clarity.

I've recently left a job in which I was sponsored on Tier 2 (general) after a year of employment and have gone to another job (again, sponsored, etc., all paperwork in order). The previous employer is now telling me that I need to pay £250 for someone to notify HO that my employment has ceased. I'm sure in times past I've seen something online to indicate that the employer can't pass on any costs related to sponsorship license or the COS to the employee, but I can't see this guidance anywhere. Does HO charge a fee to terminate a COS?

Could anyone point me in the right direction/advise, please?

Thanks!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Termination of CoS - cost?

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:23 am

brightskies wrote:Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query, please? I've been digging around on the HO website quite a lot, with no clarity.

I've recently left a job in which I was sponsored on Tier 2 (general) after a year of employment and have gone to another job (again, sponsored, etc., all paperwork in order). The previous employer is now telling me that I need to pay £250 for someone to notify HO that my employment has ceased. I'm sure in times past I've seen something online to indicate that the employer can't pass on any costs related to sponsorship license or the COS to the employee, but I can't see this guidance anywhere. Does HO charge a fee to terminate a COS?

Could anyone point me in the right direction/advise, please?

Thanks!
It is the duty of the sponsor to notify UKVI within 10 days if a migrant employee leaves work. I am unsure a cost is involved. All they need to do is inform UKVI through SMS. They are at risk of action if they fail to do so.

brightskies
Newly Registered

Re: Termination of CoS - cost?

Post by brightskies » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:29 am

gag285 wrote: It is the duty of the sponsor to notify UKVI within 10 days if a migrant employee leaves work. I am unsure a cost is involved. All they need to do is inform UKVI through SMS. They are at risk of action if they fail to do so.
I appreciate that they have a duty to notify UKVI, I was wondering about the cost aspect and whether it's lawful to try to pass this cost on to me.

Thanks!