ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa on Old Passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajpenner
Newly Registered

Visa on Old Passport

Post by ajpenner » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 am

Hi,

I am a citizen of a country that only allowed us to have 5-year passports. This was okay for my original visa; however, I need to renew my visa in 4 months and want to know if this process will invalidate my existing visa? I have two years left on my current passport, and the renewal should be for 3 more years.

I should also ask if the renewed visa will be similar to the original visa and be a sticker in my passport? I had heard that the UK changed the new visa's to become more like ID cards, so not strictly attached to the current passport.

Thanks,

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Visa on Old Passport

Post by gag285 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:34 am

ajpenner wrote:Hi,

I am a citizen of a country that only allowed us to have 5-year passports. This was okay for my original visa; however, I need to renew my visa in 4 months and want to know if this process will invalidate my existing visa? I have two years left on my current passport, and the renewal should be for 3 more years. - This should be fine. My current visa ( endorsed on passport) is longer than the validity of the passport

I should also ask if the renewed visa will be similar to the original visa and be a sticker in my passport? I had heard that the UK changed the new visa's to become more like ID cards, so not strictly attached to the current passport.- Yes, you will be issued a BRP card.

Thanks,

ajpenner
Newly Registered

Re: Visa on Old Passport

Post by ajpenner » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for the fast response :D