ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer from ILR stamp to plastic card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KevinGardens
Newly Registered

Transfer from ILR stamp to plastic card

Post by KevinGardens » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 am

Hello

i guess my questions below have been asked and answered by some other people in the Forum in the past. Unforturnately i do not seem to find pages of such topic .

I would very much appreciate it if someone out there can reply or send me the links to the right topic pages.

I was granted an ILR over 20 years ago with a stamp on my old passport. I have to travel with my old and new passports all the time.

I understand it is possible to apply and transfer the ILR status to a plastic card nowadays.

A few questions here:

a) what form should i fill in ?
b) what options do i have in terms of applying in person, or via post office, or.. and what charges are they?
c) where can i get an biometric finger prints done and the cost?

Thanks very much

Kevin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Transfer from ILR stamp to plastic card

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:49 am

The link below has some advice and weblinks from Vinny

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96623.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1232259

Not sure if you can apply in person at one of HO premium centres, if not apply by post, cost has gone up recently and details should be in the links above. Fingerprints or biometric enrollment is done at the post office and costs just under £20 but HO will write to you with a barcoded letter and only then you need to do it as you need the letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KevinGardens
Newly Registered

Post by KevinGardens » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello CR001

Thank you so much for your info and links.

I have read through the links and other info from those pages. Very useful.

I am still a bit confussed with some terms / situations?

1) Can BRP have no time limit too?

2) Is applying for an NTL the same thing as applying for a BRP?

3) You mentioned "HO will write to you with a barcoded letter and only then you need to do it as you need the letter.". Am i right in understanding that i need to go ahead with the NTL application by post, then waiting for the letter from HO, then submitting the biometric enrollment at a later stage?

Best regards,

Kevin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:34 am

1. Yes

2. Not sure, will have a look.

3. Correct yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:50 am

Biometric Information: Introduction wrote:A BRP is valid for the duration of the person’s limited leave, or for up to a maximum of 10 years. However, in the case of a child or young person up to 16 years old, the maximum duration of the permit is 5 years only, after which the child or young person must apply for a replacement permit if they still have existing permission to stay in the UK. For example, a child of 14, issued with a BRP of the maximum length, will when they reach 16 have held the BRP for 2 years. They have a further 3 years left before having to apply for a replacement BRP.
2. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Hello,

You might reference this thread too - I have just posted some UKVI links in it that might help clarify for you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 96623.html

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 pm

KevinGardens wrote:Hello

i guess my questions below have been asked and answered by some other people in the Forum in the past. Unforturnately i do not seem to find pages of such topic .

I would very much appreciate it if someone out there can reply or send me the links to the right topic pages.

I was granted an ILR over 20 years ago with a stamp on my old passport. I have to travel with my old and new passports all the time.

I understand it is possible to apply and transfer the ILR status to a plastic card nowadays.

A few questions here:

b) what options do i have in terms of applying in person, or via post office, or.. and what charges are they?

Thanks very much

Kevin
Having just done this I should also add simple answers here:
a) TOC form. Transfer of Conditions - the link is in the forum I just posted above.
b) Postal application £183, apparently very slow; Premium service £400+183 and mine was relatively quick (two weeks wait til appt and then less than a week to receive BRP, but can be 2 weeks).
c) They do it for you at the TOC appointment. If by post they send a letter you take to a post office to do biometrics, no charge for either beyond the application fees.

KevinGardens
Newly Registered

Post by KevinGardens » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you so much for your informative and helpful replies. Really appreciate it.

I was quite confussed even a few days ago but now things are all clear to me.

It is the first time i have post a question on this site seeking advice. I am amazed by the number of people who showed interest in reading it, and so grateful in receiving the valuable help and advice from those i do not know.

Great stuff.

Many thanks again

Kevin

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:18 am

chickpea wrote:
KevinGardens wrote:Hello

A few questions here:

Thanks very much

Kevin
Having just done this I should also add simple answers here:
a) TOC form. Transfer of Conditions - the link is in the forum I just posted above.
b) Postal application £183, apparently very slow; Premium service £400+183 and mine was relatively quick (two weeks wait til appt and then less than a week to receive BRP, but can be 2 weeks).
c) They do it for you at the TOC appointment. If by post they send a letter you take to a post office to do biometrics, no charge for either beyond the application fees.
For (confirmation/transfer of) ILR, it's the NTL form.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.