ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife and kid of 10 yr ILR applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Wife and kid of 10 yr ILR applicant

Post by sakib2000 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:06 am

I'm eligible to apply ilr under 10 yrs next year.just want to know some information from the board that

1.what form do I need to use for my wife.
2.as my wife is my dependant does she need any English language requirement when she will apply with me if yes which level of English.

Thanks pls reply guys.
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR query

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:50 am

sakib2000 wrote:I'm eligible to apply ilr under 10 yrs next year.just want to know some information from the board that

1.what form do I need to use for my wife. Flr(M) and her clock for ILR will be reset to zero and she will have to wait another 5 years for ILR (unless she reaches 10 years sooner). NHS surcharge at £200 per year payable in full upftont at time of application (initial visa will be for 2.5 years so £500 surcharge). She will have to apply for an extension after 2.5 years and surcharge payable again. She can only apply once you are granted ILR and any time she has spent in the UK will be lost. This is applicable if you apply under long residence. There is also a financial requirement you have to meet for flr(m).
2.as my wife is my dependant does she need any English language requirement when she will apply with me if yes which level of English. A1 for Flr(M).

Thanks pls reply guys.
What is you current visa status and start and expiry dates?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks for your reply.some more question
1.what is the financial requirements for Flr m
2.where can find the good test centre for A1. And what examining body
3.can you pls give me link list of doc needed for flr m.please reply.
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am

sakib2000 wrote:Thanks for your reply.some more question
1.what is the financial requirements for Flr m - £18,600pa, it is more if there are children who are not British.
2.where can find the good test centre for A1. And what examining body : https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
3.can you pls give me link list of doc needed for flr m.please reply. :
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf page 59 - Section 13 of the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi I am on tier 4 student visa
1.came in 26th August 2006 visa issued 08/08/2006
2.r u sure I need 18600 for my wife flr m application
As well as a1 English language
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
sakib2000 wrote:Thanks for your reply.some more question
1.what is the financial requirements for Flr m - £18,600pa, it is more if there are children who are not British.
2.where can find the good test centre for A1. And what examining body : https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
3.can you pls give me link list of doc needed for flr m.please reply. :
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf page 59 - Section 13 of the form.

2.r u sure I need 18600 for my wife flr m application
As well as a1 English language
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:10 pm

2.r u sure I need 18600 for my wife flr m applicationYes. Does your wife work?
As well as a1 English language Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
2.r u sure I need 18600 for my wife flr m applicationYes. Does your wife work?
As well as a1 English language Yes

Thanks for your reply.She just joined me last month as my tier 4 dependant.She is not working at the moment she will start working full time and i dont think we can meet the salary 18600.Is there any other option for her

As my wife started work when she joined me as a tier 4 spouse.And her visa is valid until 30 aug 2016.And she couldn't continue to work as she is pregnant and the baby is due in January.And i don't think she can continue to work after the January next year.As i required to show 18600 for my spouse and 4000 extra on top for my children that is impossible for me as i am only working part time.Want to know from you guys what is the option for my wife and children.
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:01 pm

At least you still have just over a year before you need to apply. If your wife works and earns the required amount, her salary could be used for the financial requirement. Alternatively, have a look at FLR(FP).

But please understand that any advice given now is based on current rules and are subject to change if HO changes the rules at any time before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR on The Basis of 10 Years

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 pm

As my wife started work when she joined me as a tier 4 spouse.And her visa is valid until 30 aug 2016.And she couldn't continue to work as she is pregnant and the baby is due in January.And i don't think she can continue to work after the January next year.As i required to show 18600 for my spouse and 4000 extra on top for my children that is impossible for me as i am only working part time.Want to know from you guys what is the option for my wife and children. FLR(M) requires the income requirement to be met. Maybe look at FLR(FP) or try find a better paying job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks A lot for your reply.just want to know little bit more about it

1.Can i apply for my children nationality as soon i got ILR.
2.What is the chance for my wife to grant FLR(FP) after getting my ILR. if i couldnt meet the requirement for FLR(M).

Thanks
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 pm

1. If the children were/are born in the UK, then yes once you have ILR you can register them as British Citizens. If they were/are born abroad, HO will expect them to have ILR first.

2. I don't know. It depends on your personal circumstances, how long they have been in the UK etc but bear in mind that appeal rights have changed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks.Yes the children will be born here and my wife is here from march 2015.If i apply for children nationality after i got ILR

1. Do i still need to show 18600+4000 or i need to show 18600?
2.As you said about about the appeal right changed if they don't allow her visa cant she get the appeal right.I thought if they refuse flr(fp) application she will get the appeal right.please let me know if i am wrong on my thoughts.

Thanks
Md

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 pm

1. You will only be able to exclude the children from the financial requirement once they are registered as British. If they are still foreign nationals, they will be included in the financial calculation

2. I am unsure how to advise about your spouse, I am still trying to understand the recent changes HO have made. Perhaps one of the other mods or gurus can advise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:57 pm

thanks for ur help.please one of the guru can you help me on my case.
Md

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:18 pm

If you get ILR before the child is born and if the child is born in the UK, then the child will be British (otherwise than by descent) from birth and you will not need to register them.

In your case, it would be worthwhile considering the same day PEO option for purely this reason.

Children who are British citizens are excluded from the salary requirements.

If the child is a British citizen, that may give your wife's application some help.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks For your reply.No the child will be born some in january 2016 and my ILR is Due beginning of august 2016.Yes i will go for premium service and i am a bit worried about my wife application.In case if im not able to do FLR M for her next year can i do flr fp on premium service with me.because my ilr will be due in 1st week of august and her visa will finish finishing end of august.please let me know the best option if in case of not meeting flr m requirement.
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 pm

secret.simon wrote:If you get ILR before the child is born and if the child is born in the UK, then the child will be British (otherwise than by descent) from birth and you will not need to register them.

In your case, it would be worthwhile considering the same day PEO option for purely this reason.

Children who are British citizens are excluded from the salary requirements.

If the child is a British citizen, that may give your wife's application some help.
Thanks For your reply.No the child will be born some in january 2016 and my ILR is Due beginning of august 2016.Yes i will go for premium service and i am a bit worried about my wife application.In case if im not able to do FLR M for her next year can i do flr fp on premium service with me.because my ilr will be due in 1st week of august and her visa will finish finishing end of august.please let me know the best option if in case of not meeting flr m requirement.
Md

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm sorry but I made a mistake. I misread the date that you would get ILR as being August 2015 and predicated my advice on that basis.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:I'm sorry but I made a mistake. I misread the date that you would get ILR as being August 2015 and predicated my advice on that basis.

Thats Fine simon what is your opinion on my case to go forward
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Re: Wife and kid of 10 yr ILR applicant

Post by sakib2000 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:1. You will only be able to exclude the children from the financial requirement once they are registered as British. If they are still foreign nationals, they will be included in the financial calculation

2. I am unsure how to advise about your spouse, I am still trying to understand the recent changes HO have made. Perhaps one of the other mods or gurus can advise.
Hi Still cannot figure out what to do with my wife and child application after my ILR in next year.

1.I will apply for myself set LR in July 2016 on the same day service.
2.If my SET LR successful then i will apply for my wife FLR(FP) 10 yrs route as i am not able to meet financial requirement for FLR(M).
3.For my child who will be born in January 2016.want to know what is the best way to apply for child.As i did lots of reading still confused should i apply for MN1 or should i join my child with FLR(FP) with my wife.
4.If i get SET LR on the same day my wife will have only one month to sortout their visa.So please dear admin CR001,Vinny let me know what is the way forward for this application.
Md

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:30 am

1. If you do not meet the financial requirements and your wife does not qualify to switch to a migrant route in her own right, then your wife has no other option but to apply for FLR(FP) leave.

2. If the child is born before you are granted settlement, born in the UK, and will not travel outside UK for some time (let's say 6 months after birth), the child may apply for registration as British citizen using MN1.

It is you choice if you wish to include your UK-born-child in your wife's FLR(FP) application, but from a legal point of view it is not required, if:
1. You are granted settlement, and
2. the child will not travel outside UK until MN1 registration is successful.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:59 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. If you do not meet the financial requirements and your wife does not qualify to switch to a migrant route in her own right, then your wife has no other option but to apply for FLR(FP) leave.

2. If the child is born before you are granted settlement, born in the UK, and will not travel outside UK for some time (let's say 6 months after birth), the child may apply for registration as British citizen using MN1.

It is you choice if you wish to include your UK-born-child in your wife's FLR(FP) application, but from a legal point of view it is not required, if:
1. You are granted settlement, and
2. the child will not travel outside UK until MN1 registration is successful.
Thanks sushdmehta for your kind reply.

1.There is no plan to travel for child outside the UK.So if i get ILR on the same day.I will apply for my child MN1 as soon as as i can as i have only one month to sort out their visa.
2.For my wife can i apply flr fp same day service some time in august and mention on the cover letter i applied MN1 for my kids.as her visa finishing end of august can it be possible?
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

FLR M financial requirement question

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 am

Hi i will be applying ILR 10 yrs long residency in couple of months.Currently i am on tier 4 student visa and my wife is my dependent.Also i have one child.My question is about financial requirement

1.My wife working from middle of February and she is earning £1250 a month from full time employment and I also earn around 750 a month from part time employment.She will be applying around middle of august if i got my ILR, as her visa is finishing end of august.Is this amount is enough to meet the financial requirement?

2.As i believe i will apply MN1 for my child after my ILR.Should i include him on the financial requirement as well.I am too confused as i found different view from different people.Some say 18600 and some say 22400.Dont know which one is correct.Please clarify?

3.What is the document list for flr m application?

4.Please also tell me how to spared the cohabitation document over the two years period.What document need to give?

please give me your valuable advice

Thanks
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

FLR M salary calculation

Post by sakib2000 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi i am on tier 4 at the moment.working part time.i am applying set LR next month.My wife is on my dependant and i have one children 5 month old.my question is

1.my wife start working middle of February and got her salary £625 for first month as she worked only half of the month and from march onward she is getting £1250 per month.if my ilr successful she will apply flr m.how to calculate her salary?
2.i am working part time and getting variable salary every two weeks.please help me how to calculate my salary which category does it
fall.
3.if my ilr approved i will apply for my son MN1 does he include on my wife financial requirement.As i am getting different response from different people regarding this.some one say 18600 and other said 22400 which is correct?

4.please give me a list of document need to send for flr m application

Please help me with this question
Md