ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lavackdee
Newly Registered

Re: Return of documents

Post by lavackdee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:01 pm

[quote="ATIFPHYSIO"]Hi,

I know i have made this grave mistake but there is no back space. As per reading on return of documents on home office website it seem we can request for return of documents which will not equal to withdrawing application?
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Hi did you use this link, this link states requesting docs and withdrawing your application, I do not want to withdraw my application, just need doc returned...my driving licence, passsport, original degree cert and bio card??

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:42 pm

When you go through the request online, it takes you through a few steps with confirmations. One of them is a checkbox that asks whether or not you wish to withdraw the application. Just select NO, and proceed from there.

lavackdee wrote:
ATIFPHYSIO wrote:Hi,

I know i have made this grave mistake but there is no back space. As per reading on return of documents on home office website it seem we can request for return of documents which will not equal to withdrawing application?

Hi did you use this link, this link states requesting docs and withdrawing your application, I do not want to withdraw my application, just need doc returned...my driving licence, passsport, original degree cert and bio card??

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:57 pm

I have received the biometric letter dated 17 Oct. Did my actual biometric today.
Note that it has taken over three months to get to this stage.

Naturalisation App: 14/7
Receipt by UKBA: 15/7
Return of documents requested: 19/07, R.O.D. Progress request form 03/08. Second progress request 17/08.
Email Ack/Fee taken: 22/7
Biometric letter: 21/10 (sent 17/10), biometric taken 24/10
Approval: TBA
Ceremony: TBA

lavackdee
Newly Registered

Post by lavackdee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:46 pm

lavackdee wrote:
ATIFPHYSIO wrote:Hi,

UPDATE
I sent a request to get my Original docs back on 21/10/2015 as a applied for my naturalization via post, I have received them today with a letter advising that "...However, once work begins on your application we may need to request them again but please do not send them until we write to you requesting them..." does that mean they havn't even started working on my application...this will probably put my application at the bottom of the Caseworkers pile of work...I haven't seen the docs but I am told there is only the Passports, and Driving Licence...No Life in the UK Test, or Biometric card...is that normal, I need my Biometric card?

Freedommmm
Newly Registered

Post by Freedommmm » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:10 pm

I have just received my approval letter. They have not needed any more documents and did not seem to bother calling my references. Now it is a matter of waiting for the ceremony invitation and attending the actual ceremony.

Naturalisation App: 14/7
Receipt by UKBA: 15/7
Return of documents requested: 19/07, R.O.D. Progress request form 03/08. Second progress request 17/08.
Email Ack/Fee taken: 22/7
Approval: 08/12
Ceremony: TBA

akilla
Newly Registered

Post by akilla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Can you Please send me a proper contact number to contact UK Visas and Immigration. I switched from FL(HRO) to tier2 visa. My tier2 application was successful and my BRP arrived but my Passport did not arrive from the FLR(HRO) casework unit. Its been 6 weeks since the request. I am travelling next week. What is the best way of contacting UKBA to get my passport back in a short time ?.