ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Returned by Home office by mistake (HELP PLS)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

BRP Returned by Home office by mistake (HELP PLS)

Post by Sagaya Rani » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi,
I applied for ILR (Tier-1 Dependent) by post on 26th September. I received letter yesterday from home office saying with the new process they no longer need my passport any longer and would only require BRP card for further process. But when when opened the passport my (old) BRP was inside the passport. I'm assuming they sent it back by mistake. is there any way I could it send it back?
I did called the customer support centre this morning but the person who responded couldn't give any response on the circumstance. He asked me back questions as why they have sent my passport and BRP :shock: .
Please Help!

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Returned by Home office by mistake (HELP PLS)

Post by Sagaya Rani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 am

Could anyone advise on this please :(

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:38 am

Is your application approved ? and is your new BRP cards arrived ? If so you can send a letter to case worker stating the situation, they will come back what action you need to take.

Regards,
suresh

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Post by Sagaya Rani » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi,
Thanks for response.
No it's not approved. I have just submitted my biometric.
I tried calling today also but no proper response from the service Centre.
I have not received any of my documents back except for this letter and passport, old brp :(

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Seems Very strange, Passport must go with the Application, So they should have it, You can only count the days

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Post by Sagaya Rani » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Yes it does. It's mentioned that for certain applications they have changed process and will send back the passport. I'm completely confused as what is going to happen.

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Post by Sagaya Rani » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 am

Anybody have been in this situation help me please.
I sent set(o) form for ILR the letter says tier 1 application as well :(

The letter sent by home office is as follows:

Dear X
Thanks you for your Tier 1 Application. please fin enclosed your passport which you sumbitted with your application.
As a result of a change to our process and in response to feedback received from customers, we are now providing a passport return service for certain types of application such as yours. This means we are sending your passport back before a decision is made on your application,
Your biometric has not been returned as we will issue you with a new one if you are granted further leave to remain.
XXXXX
They have sent as if my application is for tier 1 and also have sent back BRP :(

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:58 am

Hmm, I guess you need to have a word with a solicitor, BRP should't be coming back, the letter does explains why they sent the Passport back, but someone must have cocked up at UKVI side

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Post by Sagaya Rani » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:04 am

I called up twice today. First Guy said I need to send them back but he wasn't sure whom to address it to.
called up second time, now he said that's just a standard letter and I need not worry just sit tight for decision.
confused more now

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 am

Well in retrospect once the case worker will open your file, he'll notice that your passport is there but no BRP, he might get in touch as they follow documents flexibility rule. As its not a blunder at your end, i guess keep record of all your communication with UKVI, and wish for the best

Sagaya Rani
Newly Registered

Post by Sagaya Rani » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:44 am

Thank you that's a little comfort to hear. fingers crossed now.
I will update the post when I get to know any information :)
Thanks