ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is the earliest to extend Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mthila

When is the earliest to extend Tier 2 General Visa

Post by mthila » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm

My visa is due in May 2016. But due to my travel requirements (I need to visit European countries often for work purposes) I am planing to extend my visa sooner that it is required.

Could somebody tell me when is the earliest possible to renew my visa to extend the stay in the UK please?
Don't take "NO" for an answer if it shouldn't be!!!

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: When is the earliest to extend Tier 2 General Visa

Post by physicskate » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:06 pm

mthila wrote:My visa is due in May 2016. But due to my travel requirements (I need to visit European countries often for work purposes) I am planing to extend my visa sooner that it is required.

Could somebody tell me when is the earliest possible to renew my visa to extend the stay in the UK please?
You can renew at any time. Your total stay on Tier 2 General for 6 years. Many people do this as two 3 year applications... You are eligible after 5 years on Tier 2 Gneral, provided you meet the other requirements.

So really, it's up to you!!!

mthila

Post by mthila » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:11 pm

Dear (physicskate?)

Thank you very much for your reply. I am on my first period of stay under Tier 2 General as I got issued with this Visa in April 2013 for 3 years. I have been on this visa for nearly 2 and half years and my next application would be to another Tier 2 General Visa.

This is why I am asking when can I apply for the extension as there is more than 6 months left in the current visa and the new application would not be ILR or anything like that...

Thanks for any help :)

earlyrenewal
Newly Registered

Post by earlyrenewal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I thought that the earliest that I can apply is three months before expiry, but when I rang up their call center they said that it was 28 days. Is there any fact in that?? Does anybody have any information on the 28 day limit before tier 2 visa extension??
Last edited by earlyrenewal on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mthila

Post by mthila » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Could you post the telephone number that you got this information from please?

earlyrenewal
Newly Registered

Post by earlyrenewal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:32 pm

0300 123 2241 and this is the link where i got it from https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi

Please see link below clearly states:

Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier
than that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee and you will
have to pay again when reapplying.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _09-15.pdf

Hope this helps

earlyrenewal
Newly Registered

Post by earlyrenewal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi mjcr28,

Thanks for the link. But isn't that only applicable to those applying for indefinite leave to remain. In my case its only a tier 2 extension. Would those conditions apply to me as well??

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:15 pm

The Tier 2 policy guidance (page 57) is mute on the information you require. It seems the requirement is to have a CoS and meet qualify for an extension.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 am

Hi,

I would say i have usually heard it as 28 days before date of expiry. i suggest you go through the guidance notes:

Good Luck :)

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 am

mjcr28 wrote:Hi,

I would say i have usually heard it as 28 days before date of expiry. i suggest you go through the guidance notes:

Good Luck :)
Usually, this is when people renew their visas. The earliest you can apply for ILR is 28 days before you qualify. However, this was not the question asked. The question was about the earliest POSSIBLE date to renew - like we have said, that is whenever they want (as long as they meet the requirements for the application)!

earlyrenewal
Newly Registered

Post by earlyrenewal » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:33 am

Hi physicskate,

The anwsers that I am getting from visa & immigration call centre is 28 days for tier 2 extension. I am right to assume that it is ILR that they are talking about?? Their response is "every visa renewal is 28 days before renewal". Would I risk with my application being rejected when I apply before 28 days for my tier 2 visa extension with a new CoS??

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:37 am

earlyrenewal wrote:Hi physicskate,

The anwsers that I am getting from visa & immigration call centre is 28 days for tier 2 extension. I am right to assume that it is ILR that they are talking about?? Their response is "every visa renewal is 28 days before renewal". Would I risk with my application being rejected when I apply before 28 days for my tier 2 visa extension with a new CoS??
They might have been talking about ILR. The call centre notoriously gives false and erroneous information. Trust the guidance - Char has provided a link. You're creating yourself a problem where there isn't one!

earlyrenewal
Newly Registered

Post by earlyrenewal » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks very much for the information. I will go ahead with my visa application as planned.

alimista13
Newly Registered

Post by alimista13 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 am

earlyrenewal wrote:Thanks very much for the information. I will go ahead with my visa application as planned.
My extension is due in july 2016, i may apply earlier as well if new rules coming in december may make it difficult next year...

Based on my research u can apply anytime for extension, but keep salary in mind it will experienced one thus time...

Keep me updated !!!

Saad Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Saad Ali » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 am

earlyrenewal wrote:Thanks very much for the information. I will go ahead with my visa application as planned.
Hi Earlyrenewal,

Can you please update about your early application? did they accept it and have you got your visa ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 am

Saad Ali wrote:
Hi Earlyrenewal,

Can you please update about your early application? did they accept it and have you got your visa ?
The user never logged into this forum after Nov 30, 2015 :!: :!: :!:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.