ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a Tier 2 Migrant sponsor his Parents as Family Visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Can a Tier 2 Migrant sponsor his Parents as Family Visitors

Post by uzair_zaman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:40 pm

I am currently on Tier 2 General. I had sponsored my parents (both Mum and Dad) under Family Visitor visa in July 2014 and they did successfully got their Family Visitor visa and hence they visited us in Sep 2014. But while reading through different threads here, I can see that one can sponsor their parents under Family Visitor Visa category only if he is on ILR or British Citizen.
Can you please clarify this for me.
Also, while checking gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview), I can see that both Family Visitor and General Visitor and some other visas are merged into one single "Standard Visitor" visa type. Am I understanding it correctly.
Thanks for your help in advance.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Can a Tier 2 Migrant sponsor his Parents as Family Visit

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Yes, its all a single standard visitor visa now.

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:07 pm

moonlight55 wrote:Yes, its all a single standard visitor visa now.
Thanks
Does that mean, that while I am at Tier 2 General, I can sponsor my parents? Is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:12 pm

They would still need to provide all the documentary evidence of their circumstances in their home country (proof of income, employment, savings, property ownership, family, etc)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 pm

CR001 wrote:They would still need to provide all the documentary evidence of their circumstances in their home country (proof of income, employment, savings, property ownership, family, etc)
That's not a problem. We showed it last time and we will show it this time as well (e.g. My parents properties, income and ties with home country).
But my question is, can I be the sponsor for my parents while on Tier 2 visa? I will state in the sponsor letter that I will undertake all the expenses (Travel, food, accomodation etc) and I will attach all the relevant documents from my end.
Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 pm

There is nothing like "sponsoring" your parents as per the official guidance. Yes, it will definitely help if you can provide such a letter as part of the application. As CR001 mentioned, they will have to provide all relevant documentation as required with the application. Providing a sponsorship letter does not remove the need for the mandatory documentation showing links back home. The letter will add some additional weight to the application.

uzair_zaman
Newly Registered

Post by uzair_zaman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks for all the help guys.