ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension - Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coco__nutty

FLR(M) Extension - Supporting Documents

Post by coco__nutty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:30 am

Hello,

I am finding the Government website concerning the visa application a bit rigid and not user-friendly (navigating it and finding something I am looking for just never happens).

So I am currently in a process of applying for an extension to my FLR(M) Visa and if someone could please confirm whether I understand the supporting documents required correctly and advise of anything I may've omitted from the list, I'd be much grateful.

My current passport
My husband's passport (he's British)
2 x passport photographs of me
2 x passport photographs of my husband
6 months payslips for me (initialed by HR)
6 months payslips for my husband (initialed by HR)
6 months bank statements for the joint savings account and a joint current account
I was also going to get letters from my husband and I's banks confirming the amounts matching payslips were credited by companies into our bank accounts on dates shown on payslips - instead of giving them a pile of bank statements for our personal accounts
1 letter from my work confirming employment
1 letter from my husband's work confirming employment
1 marriage certificate
6 pieces of evidence of us living together (various correspondence addressed to both)
My University Degree (do they need to see transcripts as well?)
Copy of mortgage statements/confirmation of purchase from solicitor

When I applied for the first FLRM, I included a pack of wedding/travel photos as well as the weddings invites etc. - do you think photos and such are required this time around again?

Can you think of anything else I missed?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension - Supporting Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 pm

My current passport - Ok
My husband's passport (he's British) - Ok, if you are applying in person, is hubby attending the appointment with you?
2 x passport photographs of me - Ok
2 x passport photographs of my husband - This is not needed and the form does not ask for it.
6 months payslips for me (initialed by HR) -Should have company stamp on too I think if they are online payslips.
6 months payslips for my husband (initialed by HR) - As per answer above
6 months bank statements for the joint savings account and a joint current account - OK
I was also going to get letters from my husband and I's banks confirming the amounts matching payslips were credited by companies into our bank accounts on dates shown on payslips - instead of giving them a pile of bank statements for our personal accounts - HO want the bank statements. This letter is not needed and won't work. HO will want to check for themselves that the payslips match the bank statements.
1 letter from my work confirming employment - Ok
1 letter from my husband's work confirming employment - Ok, plus his employment contract too.
1 marriage certificate - Ok
6 pieces of evidence of us living together (various correspondence addressed to both) - Are these spread evenly over the last 2 years?
My University Degree (do they need to see transcripts as well?) - From which University - UK or abroad? What is your nationality?

When I applied for the first FLRM, I included a pack of wedding/travel photos as well as the weddings invites etc. - do you think photos and such are required this time around again? - No, not needed for an extension application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coco__nutty

Post by coco__nutty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 pm

CR001 wrote:My current passport - Ok
My husband's passport (he's British) - Ok, if you are applying in person, is hubby attending the appointment with you?
2 x passport photographs of me - Ok
2 x passport photographs of my husband - This is not needed and the form does not ask for it.
6 months payslips for me (initialed by HR) -Should have company stamp on too I think if they are online payslips.
6 months payslips for my husband (initialed by HR) - As per answer above
6 months bank statements for the joint savings account and a joint current account - OK
I was also going to get letters from my husband and I's banks confirming the amounts matching payslips were credited by companies into our bank accounts on dates shown on payslips - instead of giving them a pile of bank statements for our personal accounts - HO want the bank statements. This letter is not needed and won't work. HO will want to check for themselves that the payslips match the bank statements.
1 letter from my work confirming employment - Ok
1 letter from my husband's work confirming employment - Ok, plus his employment contract too.
1 marriage certificate - Ok
6 pieces of evidence of us living together (various correspondence addressed to both) - Are these spread evenly over the last 2 years?
My University Degree (do they need to see transcripts as well?) - From which University - UK or abroad? What is your nationality?

When I applied for the first FLRM, I included a pack of wedding/travel photos as well as the weddings invites etc. - do you think photos and such are required this time around again? - No, not needed for an extension application.

Thanks so much for your response!

I am applying by post - is his passport not required for this?
Companies don't seem to do stamps anymore (so I was told by mine - a large multinational company), but the payslips will be done on letter-headed paper and signed - I got this for all my applications previously and it was never questioned
So what I have also done before is gotten a printout of statements at the bank but got them to filter on wage amounts going into the account only. Hope this is ok, as I don't see them needing to see all my other outgoings?
Employment Contract - never supplied this before and don't even know if he'll have this. He's been employed by his company for about 8 years now, which they will provide a letter to confirm, along with his employment type (salaried staff with salary of £xxx). Would this not be sufficient you think?
No problem getting evenly spread evidence - I can give them something for every month since getting last visa :)
A Masters Degree at the University of Aberdeen and I am Russian

What do you think?
Also, would there be anything else required for the accommodation category - or will a copy of the joint morgage suffice?

And thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:23 pm

If you don't submit complete bank statements showing all transactions the Case Worker is likely to think that you have something to hide. You need to submit original statements.
A copy of the mortgage agreement will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coco__nutty

Post by coco__nutty » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Casa wrote:If you don't submit complete bank statements showing all transactions the Case Worker is likely to think that you have something to hide. You need to submit original statements.
Thanks for your response.

There's no issue submitting the full statements, except for the fact that I transfer a lot of the money out into the join account, which is then used to pay all the bills.

I'll be submitting complete statements for this account, as well as our Joint Savings, which holds a few thousand pounds in savings.

Our income is a number of times over the minimum financial requirement and I thought this was the reason for checking payslips/statements.

Am I not right thinking the only thing the case worked needs to check the bank statements for is that the wages listed on my payslips are going into MY bank account?

Thank You,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 pm

You need to send the passport or certified copies of the whole passport for your husband. My question was in relation to him attending with you if you apply in person (which would always be my choice rather than postal due to delays, loss of documents etc, the £400 extra is well worth it to apply in person for a same day decision, all in my opinion and experience with HO).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:41 pm

coco__nutty wrote:
Casa wrote:If you don't submit complete bank statements showing all transactions the Case Worker is likely to think that you have something to hide. You need to submit original statements.
Thanks for your response.

There's no issue submitting the full statements, except for the fact that I transfer a lot of the money out into the join account, which is then used to pay all the bills.

I'll be submitting complete statements for this account, as well as our Joint Savings, which holds a few thousand pounds in savings.

Our income is a number of times over the minimum financial requirement and I thought this was the reason for checking payslips/statements.

Am I not right thinking the only thing the case worked needs to check the bank statements for is that the wages listed on my payslips are going into MY bank account?

Thank You,
And also to check that there is no undeclared income going into your account for which due tax hasn't been paid. UKVI share information with HMRC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.