ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea4 application with criminal record and divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

eea4 application with criminal record and divorce

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 am

Hi everyone,
I applied for eea4 in June 2015. My wife is Slovak national and British citizen and I am non eea national.we have been married for 5 and half years. I was arrested for drunk and disorderly about 4 times and the most recent being Dec 2012 and charged with fine and 6 months conditional discharge in court. due to some personal issues my wife had enough with me and initiated the divorce and informed the home office. we did obtained the decree nisi and that was on 2013. we never lived apart. we live in the same house and all the bills are paid by her and is on her name except the council tax. after some time we realize, to go further with a divorce is a huge mistake and we didn't apply for decree absolute. we didn't apply anything in the court because we thought that after one year if no one applies for decree absolute, the court will throw the case anyway. now the question is
A) when I filled the application I didn't tick the box where it says criminal conviction because I thought I don't have to declare the spent conviction. my last conviction was on 2012.
B) The home office asked for more information and sent us the letter to know if we are still married and proof that we are living together. I did send them my wife's 5 years payslip, her eea passport, our council tax bill , my gp report. her bank statement and my bank statement at the time of application filling and some along with their letter. What else can I send? I don't have any other proof.
C)what are the chances of me getting PR and if refused what is my other option?
any help would be really appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: eea4 application with criminal record and divorce

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:33 am

If they refuse, you will have a right of appeal, but they can t refuse on the basis of conviction alone.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:02 am

Thank you Obie for your quick response. my concern is the two letters which the home office sent asking for more evidence. I also sent home office the cover letter explaining about the situation but I didn't mention the conviction and my wife sent HO a separate letter that she would like to sponsor my eea4 and our marriage has changed from worse to better. we also informed HO that we are happy to be interviewed if necessary. I am very worried about the criminal conviction, which I didn't tick the box and HO might assume that our marriage is not genuine. I cant provide with any other proof of marriage like pictures but we did sent the marriage certificate. how often do HO call for interview? I would really appreciate your help.

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:51 am

help anyone

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

Post by bishwo1981 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 pm

why everyone is so quite? I need some help. I m so worried. anyone plz :(