ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU National married with EU National - advice please!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sampa
Newly Registered

Non EU National married with EU National - advice please!

Post by Sampa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:45 am

Hello everybody!

First of all, congratulations for creating thsi website. Very helpful!
I just wanted to drop you a line to get some advice.

I'm Non EU National with student visa till 10/08 and getting married with EU National (Polish) next month in Dublin.

We're heading to Poland in January to live about 2 months and get the resident card (up to 45 days to get). We were wondering if it'd be better to take the resident card and apply for EE1 to live in UK or North of Ireland, instead of coming back to Ireland and have to wait 6,7, even 9 months and get refused!

What do you guys think?

Folks, I'd like to thank you in advance and would appreciate if you could help me in this matter.

Cheers!
Sampa

Dimy77

Re: Non EU National married with EU National - advice please

Post by Dimy77 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Sampa wrote:Hello everybody!

First of all, congratulations for creating thsi website. Very helpful!
I just wanted to drop you a line to get some advice.

I'm Non EU National with student visa till 10/08 and getting married with EU National (Polish) next month in Dublin.

We're heading to Poland in January to live about 2 months and get the resident card (up to 45 days to get). We were wondering if it'd be better to take the resident card and apply for EE1 to live in UK or North of Ireland, instead of coming back to Ireland and have to wait 6,7, even 9 months and get refused!

What do you guys think?

Folks, I'd like to thank you in advance and would appreciate if you could help me in this matter.

Cheers!
Sampa
If you have a residency card for Poland you'll meet the EU-1 requirement of having legal residency in another EU member state, although you'd still have to wait for about 6 months, you should be approved.

UK and Northern Ireland is definitely faster, so if it doesn't have to be Ireland go for that.

Sampa
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU National married with EU National - advice please

Post by Sampa » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Dimy77,
Thanks for replying..I appreciate that.[/quote]