ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa for Indian Cousin visiting UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kopper

Tourist Visa for Indian Cousin visiting UK

Post by kopper » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi
Please can someone guide me on the following:

I am a British citizen and my cousin and his family would like to visit us for a 2 week holiday from India.
As well as travelling in the UK, they would also like to go to Paris for a few days.

Please can you therefore advise me the procedures.
I can sponsor him and he will be staying with me but the house is under my dad's name (His Uncle) and the deeds can been obtained.
He has a business is India so he can provide proof of business, income, bank balances etc.
Do I need to provide any other documents to him such as bank statements, my work details etc even though I am a UK citizen?

Also, if he wants to go to Paris whilst here, will he need to apply for the Schengen visa in the UK or India?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tourist Visa for Indian Cousin visiting UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

He/family needs to provide documentary evidence of the ties to home country (property ownership, employment, finances, family etc)

If they wish to visit France, they will also need to apply for a Schengen visa BEFORE traveling to the UK and AFTER they have UK visitor visas granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kopper

Post by kopper » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

He/family needs to provide documentary evidence of the ties to home country (property ownership, employment, finances, family etc)

If they wish to visit France, they will also need to apply for a Schengen visa BEFORE traveling to the UK and AFTER they have UK visitor visas granted.
Thanks.
If appying for the schengen visa in india, will they need to provide dates of travel to paris and accomodation?
This information will be hard to provide until they are in the uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

If appying for the schengen visa in india, will they need to provide dates of travel to paris and accomodation?
Yes, they will need to provide all the standard documents required to obtain a Schengen Visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.