ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee live & work abroad in professional capacity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee live & work abroad in professional capacity

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:10 pm

The forms earlier this year had one page for referees, with both bits to complete next to each other. The new form it has been split, each referee to a page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm

CR001 wrote:The forms earlier this year had one page for referees, with both bits to complete next to each other. The new form it has been split, each referee to a page.
Its not quite on two separate pages, so not really layed out in a way that you could send both out to be completed by two referees at the same time. I think that would have been handy for the OP here, as it appears one of the referees is overseas.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:17 pm

You are right, but the section is spread over three pages, compared to one previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Yes, that's true. The current form is also longer in terms of number of pages. Having completed both versions due delaying my application I've noted the differences. Am also having the referee pages completed after November 5th, in case the form changes.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Usually how longer is the transition period where older form still be accepted??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't think that's formally published anywhere, from memory it was information given to applicants by NCS staff - approximately a month from what I remember.

One other point I recall is that using a particular form is not a statutory requirement for naturalisation. So the application can't be rejected purely on the basis of the version of the form you use.

I can't quote the source, but I'm sure you'll find it if you search this site. So technically you should be able to use any version of the form. But where possible I'd personally try to use the latest form available.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 pm

ESOL is ending from November but don't know from what exact date of November??. Maybe form again change slightly and I guess that old form maybe still valid for 30 more days.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Universal soldier wrote:ESOL is ending from November but don't know from what exact date of November??. Maybe form again change slightly and I guess that old form maybe still valid for 30 more days.
12th So far! it was 5th but they extended by a week!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:49 pm

For anyone planning to apply this month or later, a new version of the AN form has been published today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0-2015.pdf