ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jane16
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Jane16 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Dear members,

Thanks for all your input here . Just want to share my timeline and give those still waiting some hope.

Application sent : 02/06/2015
CoA received on 27/06
BRC received on 28/10 together with all my documents dated on 24/10
Residence card was delivered by another courier , while all documents are by royal mail recorded.

(Before i get all these , I did get a phone call from immigration office telling me on Saturday , informing me that my documents have been sent out :) .

Good luck to all those who are still patiently waiting .

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Jane16 wrote:Dear members,

Thanks for all your input here . Just want to share my timeline and give those still waiting some hope.

CoA received on 27/06
Residence card was delivered by another courier , while all documents are by royal mail recorded.

(Before i get all these , I did get a phone call from immigration office telling me on Saturday , informing me that my documents have been sent out :) .

YES!!!

The June batch is ON!!!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Congratulations Vensai !!

could you tell us a little bit more about your case ?
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm

CoA received on 27/06

It seems like a lot of people are getting their RC this week !!
Congratulations Jane , is there anyway you can tell us a bit more about your case?

Jane16
Newly Registered

Post by Jane16 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:33 pm

alex1128 wrote:

CoA received on 27/06

It seems like a lot of people are getting their RC this week !!
Congratulations Jane , is there anyway you can tell us a bit more about your case?

My case is a bit complicated. I gained my residence card on may 2013. I got divorced from my EEA husband earlier this year , so I have to apply retained residence card to lawfully stay here. The supporting documents i have provided are quite simple actually ( I didn't provide my ex's original documents , only copies + 3 months of his payslip before my application + proof of 2 years of living together ) .

Anyone who is of similar situation , and have any queries, you can contact me and i will do my best to give advice

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:25 pm

CoA received on 27/06

i think you are the first one to receive a call . i wonder when my phone is gonna ring .. :D
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

diyou83

Post by diyou83 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 pm

billy.s1 wrote:

CoA received on 27/06

i think you are the first one to receive a call . i wonder when my phone is gonna ring .. :D
hahahahha billy when i read this post i was thinking i will calling out billy in my quote post of this JUNE is starting to moving finger cross it will be all positive income soon or later or sooner is better actually :D
second EEA2 1st one is 2010
sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric received ~~26/06dated 23/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
coa with right to work ~~20/07dated 17/07
doc&letter rec ~~~~ 17/06 dated 14/06
rc ~~*@*~~ 18/06/2015

diyou83

Post by diyou83 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:54 pm

CoA received on 27/06

and congratttsss jane16 thank you for giving us positive hope.wonder why i only got that cold call insurance claim etc :roll:
sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
rc ~~*@*~~ 18/06/2015

Jane16
Newly Registered

Post by Jane16 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Yes, I did feel strange when I got their call and the call was made on Saturday . Was wondering if that was a good or bad sign, because I didn't see anyone has mentioned that from this forum .

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:01 pm

alex1128 wrote:Congratulations Vensai !!

could you tell us a little bit more about your case ?
I believe mine would sound a straightforward case. Indian national married more than 10 years to EU national and have 2 kids. Came to UK last October on a Tier 2 visa which expired a month back. Spouse came to UK with me and started working within few months after arriving in UK. So had applied as EU national employed.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am

alright mate thx for sharing !!
hopefully we are gonna start hearing some good news ! :)

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:42 am

Lets see who gets lucky today. :roll:
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

bishwo1981
Newly Registered

received HO Questionnaire form for EEA4 application

Post by bishwo1981 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:36 am

hello everyone ,

I applied my eea4 visa application on June 2015. Now, I received another questionnaire form from home office, one for me and one for my wife. we did send cover letter and all the required documents at the time of application filling. Is this the normal process to fill the questionnaire or is it just for some cases? what will happen next, do they gonna call us for interview or the home visit? I called home office regarding this but they refused to answer any of my questions. I am so frustrated and worried what will happen to my visa application. I would really appreciate help from respected gurus and members.

kind regards
Mohamad biswo

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 am

The wait is over. Cards received, dated 27/10. Application is 15/05, Biometrics was done on 31/05. Good luck to fellow awaiters

msra9aha
Newly Registered

Post by msra9aha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:52 am

I have been reading this blog for a very long time and I may not be able to reply back to this.
I applied for my eea2 family permit in end of march and got my COA april 2 weeks later. We first applied for my spouse family permit in january when we recieved it we deieded to apply for eea2 family permit. Spouse portugese I am pakistani got married january this year in uk and previously on student tier4 visa. recived my visa stamped on my passport today.
2 months after the application we requested out travel documents back but they only send my spouse EU id card we had to request again but recieved a passport in a week
In august we recived a questionere for addiontal information which we filled out and send and two weeks later we also got a inviation for interview in liverpool which was 19th october.
We informed them to send in august another COA by email as out current one was about to expire and i was working they send it to my spouse work place for some strange reason stating that I could work till they make the decision and all my appeal rights have been exhausted which was recieved 1 week after the email.
The liverpool homeoffice people DO NOT DETAIN YOU they were actually very nice to me and we took 45 mins yeah for interview my tier4 student visa expired in september which they knew about and they didnt have any issue.
and on 28th October I recieved all my documents back with visa on it.

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Hello guys, wanted to share our timeline:

Applications sent together with my husband: 28.07
Biometrics letter: 05.08
Biometrics received by HO: 10.08
His acknowledgement email: 06.08
My COA without right to work: 06.08 (no sufficient evidence of sponsor exercising treaty rights: we sent employer's declaration, council tax for the past two years, plus Italian registration in London, as my husband is italian)

Sent complaint letter, requesting correct COA, no reply. Contacted Solveit, but no news yet. One thing they told us that HO has not even contacted the employers yet, and it may take months for them to do it. Notice how they sent us COA wo r/w, on basis of insufficient rights, before actually analysing the case.I could be less distessed, but I already had student visa with rights to work and the job that I loved and had to leave. Now we don't know whether continue waiting or withdraw application. Money will run out eventually.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:22 pm

analucidi wrote:Hello guys, wanted to share our timeline:

My COA without right to work: 06.08 (no sufficient evidence of sponsor exercising treaty rights: we sent employer's declaration, council tax for the past two years, plus Italian registration in London, as my husband is italian)

Sent complaint letter, requesting correct COA, no reply. Contacted Solveit, but no news yet. One thing they told us that HO has not even contacted the employers yet, and it may take months for them to do it. Notice how they sent us COA wo r/w, on basis of insufficient rights, before actually analysing the case.I could be less distessed, but I already had student visa with rights to work and the job that I loved and had to leave. Now we don't know whether continue waiting or withdraw application. Money will run out eventually.
The only thing I can think of here, is that you did not send his payslips. For employees, they do request TWO things as proof of treaty rights:
1) employer's declaration letter
2) payslips of the last 3 months.

Council tax and Italian declaration have nothing to do with treaty rights, and are not needed.

I advise you to send payslips of the last three months, either original, or copies stamped and signed by his employer, and send them to the same postal address you sent the rest of your application, with a cover letter including your full names, case IDs, dates of birth, and passport numbers. Clarify these are additional documents to your application.

Then send a letter to nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk requesting to be sent a new CoA with right to work, as you are a married couple.
Last edited by kamoe on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

darksin
Newly Registered

Post by darksin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Just to let you guys know we just receive our Residence Card of 5 Years.

i thought the eea2 was just a year..

but ... not complaining.

so RC received 29/10

:o :o :o :o

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 pm

darksin wrote:Just to let you guys know we just receive our Residence Card of 5 Years.

but ... not complaining.

so RC received 29/10

Please share your full timeline!!! When did you apply?

Congratulations!!!

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 pm

msra9aha wrote:I have been reading this blog for a very long time and I may not be able to reply back to this.
I applied for my eea2 family permit in end of march and got my COA april 2 weeks later. We first applied for my spouse family permit in january when we recieved it we deieded to apply for eea2 family permit. Spouse portugese I am pakistani got married january this year in uk and previously on student tier4 visa. recived my visa stamped on my passport today.
2 months after the application we requested out travel documents back but they only send my spouse EU id card we had to request again but recieved a passport in a week
In august we recived a questionere for addiontal information which we filled out and send and two weeks later we also got a inviation for interview in liverpool which was 19th october.
We informed them to send in august another COA by email as out current one was about to expire and i was working they send it to my spouse work place for some strange reason stating that I could work till they make the decision and all my appeal rights have been exhausted which was recieved 1 week after the email.
The liverpool homeoffice people DO NOT DETAIN YOU they were actually very nice to me and we took 45 mins yeah for interview my tier4 student visa expired in september which they knew about and they didnt have any issue.
and on 28th October I recieved all my documents back with visa on it.
Please can you list the questions you were asked for the benefit of members..
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:02 pm

kamoe wrote:

The only thing I can think of here, is that you did not send his payslips. For employees, they do request TWO things as proof of treaty rights:

Council tax and Italian declaration have nothing to do with treaty rights, and are not needed.

I advise you to send payslips of the last three months, either original, or copies stamped and signed by his employer, and send them to the same postal address you sent the rest of your application, with a cover letter including your full names, case IDs, dates of birth, and passport numbers. Clarify these are additional documents to your application.

Then send a letter to nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk requesting to be sent a new CoA with right to work, as you are a married couple.
Hello Kamoe, thank you for a quick feedback. I never knew it was possible to attach additional documentation to pending applications. When I contacted them they all said we had to reapply to add something new.

diyou83

Post by diyou83 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 pm

darksin wrote:Just to let you guys know we just receive our Residence Card of 5 Years.

but ... not complaining.

so RC received 29/10

c

are you mad this long waiting only for a year visa :lol: btw congrats and relaxx now
sent form ~~17/06
received ~~18/06
biometric done ~~ 27/06
rc ~~*@*~~ 18/06/2015

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:40 pm

analucidi wrote:
kamoe wrote:

Hello Kamoe, thank you for a quick feedback. I never knew it was possible to attach additional documentation to pending applications. When I contacted them they all said we had to reapply to add something new.
Hi analucici

OK, treat my advise with a grain of salt as I am not an expert, and I'm not a Ho case worker either, so I am not sure what they allow you to do or not. This is only my opinion.

I would say, if you are unsure they will accept the additional documents, maybe send only copies, not originals, in case they do lose them. But if you do send copies, have them stamped and signed by the employer. As long as you add your case ID and name, and date of birth, they will be able to locate your original application folder.

What is is very straightforward though is that you send the email as I advised,. many people in this forum have done that with the result of a new CoA with right to work.

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

kamoe wrote:
analucidi wrote:
kamoe wrote: The only thing I can think of here, is that you did not send his payslips. For employees, they do request TWO things as proof of treaty rights:

Hi analucici

OK, treat my advise with a grain of salt as I am not an expert, and I'm not a Ho case worker either, so I am not sure what they allow you to do or not. This is only my opinion.

I would say, if you are unsure they will accept the additional documents, maybe send only copies, not originals, in case they do lose them. But if you do send copies, have them stamped and signed by the employer. As long as you add your case ID and name, and date of birth, they will be able to locate your original application folder.

What is is very straightforward though is that you send the email as I advised,. many people in this forum have done that with the result of a new CoA with right to work.
No, of course, I understand.Thank you very much Kamoe, we will follow you advice and do it this week. In the end of the day there is nothing to lose now, and since they havent reached employment declaration yet, additional stuff may indeed be helpful. Thank you again :D :D :D

ten513
Newly Registered

Post by ten513 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Hello Guys,

I have to correct this issue. You can not required new COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK (LONG COA) when you failure to submit the required documents. You can required new COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK when casework have make a mistake. Home Office stated very clear in their work instructions. If you really need COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK you need to reapply and make sure you submit required document which you can check with guidance of form you use to make sure that you do all requirement.

Very happy for who already received RC and Good Luck to everyone.

Below is work instruction of Home Office

Certificates of application: direct family members
Applications for a residence card
To be issued with a ‘long’ COA confirming a right to take employment while their application is under consideration, the applicant must have submitted:
 a valid passport
 a valid EEA identity (ID) card or EEA passport for the EEA national
 evidence of relationship to their EEA national (for example, marriage or birth
certificates) and either:
o evidence the EEA national has exercised free movement rights in the UK as a
jobseeker, worker, self-employed person, self-sufficient person or student o evidence the EEA national has permanent residence in the UK

If they have not submitted all of the evidence listed above, you must issue a ‘short’ COA, which does not confirm a right to take employment.

Anyone issued with a ‘short’ COA due to their failure to submit the required evidence cannot later be issued with a ‘long’ COA if they submit this evidence.

Certificates of application: extended family members
Extended family members, including durable partners, of EEA nationals do not enjoy an automatic right of residence in the UK until they have been issued with a document by the Home Office confirming such a right.

You must issue a ‘short’ COA to extended family members who have submitted an application for a residence card regardless of the level of evidence submitted with their application.

For further information on extended family members, see related links: Extended family members of EEA nationals.

Extended family member in this section does not have Family Permit.

When Extended family member has Family Permit and must has the same right with Direct family.