ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visit Visa & Residence card in Ireland Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seena

Parents Visit Visa & Residence card in Ireland Question

Post by Seena » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:43 am

Dear All,

I am looking for some help here. I am an Irish citizen and my brother is a British citizen but he is living and working in the UK. In the future he is planing to live and work in Ireland and exercise his EU treaty rights. The purpose of my brother to come and live in Ireland is to sponsor my parents based on his EU treaty rights.

My Question:

As I am an Irish citizen if I apply for a visit visa for my parents from Pakistan now and hopefully the visa would be granted. They will live with us for 3 months and than go back to Pakistan and my brother will apply for them a residence card based on (EU treaty rights route), would that make any negative affect of their join parents application which my brother will apply for them ?

Could DOJ say that 1 daughter is Irish and son is British and my parents already visited Ireland on a visit visa based on Irish connection and now applying for join parents on permanent bases using son's British citizenship ?

Just querious if that could be a problem in the future.

Thanks all for your help....