ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zakikhan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by zakikhan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:50 pm

@ mysterious why do you assume 2 more weeks? I haven't heard anything since 22 October when I escalated and they told me it is processesd.....I reckon they have the passports they juat delay the call
Online application: 11th July 2015
Biometric Islamabad: 27 July 2015
Case processed email: 22 October 2015
Collection Email: 28 October 2015
Visa Granted: 29 October 2015

Mentor_89
Newly Registered

Post by Mentor_89 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:56 pm

zakikhan wrote:@ mysterious why do you assume 2 more weeks? I haven't heard anything since 22 October when I escalated and they told me it is processesd.....I reckon they have the passports they juat delay the call

Zaki, I think mysterious was talking about how it has been two and a half weeks since they told us that a decision has been made! They told me on the 13th and mysterious on the 14th that a decision has been made and we have not heard anything since! My wife is going to the embassy tomorrow in the hope it is ready and they just have not contacted us for whatever reason !

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:
zakikhan wrote:@ mysterious why do you assume 2 more weeks? I haven't heard anything since 22 October when I escalated and they told me it is processesd.....I reckon they have the passports they juat delay the call

Zaki, I think mysterious was talking about how it has been two and a half weeks since they told us that a decision has been made! They told me on the 13th and mysterious on the 14th that a decision has been made and we have not heard anything since! My wife is going to the embassy tomorrow in the hope it is ready and they just have not contacted us for whatever reason !
Yes that's what I meant mentor. I emailed on Monday 12 October and decision was made so that's what I meant. It can't take is long to give the passport and prepare the documents.

I also think there is a chance they have the passport but haven't called for collection.

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Mysterious wrote:
Mentor_89 wrote:

Yes that's what I meant mentor. I emailed on Monday 12 October and decision was made so that's what I meant. It can't take is long to give the passport and prepare the documents.

I also think there is a chance they have the passport but haven't called for collection.
Salam,
How u guys so sure passport are ready to collect and what possible reason can be they not telling us to collect or delaying us ??

Mentor_89
Newly Registered

Post by Mentor_89 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Salam,
How u guys so sure passport are ready to collect and what possible reason can be they not telling us to collect or delaying us ??[/quote]

Salaam, 

I can't be 100% sure but 2 and a half weeks AFTER the receiving the "decision has been made email" is a long time for their formalities to be completed. After searching through this forum it usually takes them between 5-8 days to contact the spouse to collect the passport. 

Again, I have had a look at past posts and they have been instances of the embassy not contacting the spouse and when the spouse has gone to the embassy directly the passport and visa has been ready. There was an example not long ago where the embassy said "we lost your contact details" which is an awful excuse! We are not really getting a service worth the price we pay. The passport might not be ready but I have had enough of waiting. So on that basis my wife is going islamabad tomorrow to make have a look. It might or might not be there, but there is only one way I am going to find out! :-)

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:Salam,
How u guys so sure passport are ready to collect and what possible reason can be they not telling us to collect or delaying us ??
Salaam, 

I can't be 100% sure but 2 and a half weeks AFTER the receiving the "decision has been made email" is a long time for their formalities to be completed. After searching through this forum it usually takes them between 5-8 days to contact the spouse to collect the passport. 

Again, I have had a look at past posts and they have been instances of the embassy not contacting the spouse and when the spouse has gone to the embassy directly the passport and visa has been ready. There was an example not long ago where the embassy said "we lost your contact details" which is an awful excuse! We are not really getting a service worth the price we pay. The passport might not be ready but I have had enough of waiting. So on that basis my wife is going islamabad tomorrow to make have a look. It might or might not be there, but there is only one way I am going to find out! :-)[/quote]

Yeah sums it up, that's my exact thinking because everyone get it within two weeks, ur my mind twin lol. Word for word I was also saying

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Salaam, 

Again, I have had a look at past posts and they have been instances of the embassy not contacting the spouse and when the spouse has gone to the embassy directly the passport and visa has been ready. There was an example not long ago where the embassy said "we lost your contact details" which is an awful excuse! We are not really getting a service worth the price we pay. The passport might not be ready but I have had enough of waiting. So on that basis my wife is going islamabad tomorrow to make have a look. It might or might not be there, but there is only one way I am going to find out! :-)[/quote]

Inshaa ALLAH tomorrow your spouse will get passport with visa stamped on it.please whoever get passport inform other forum members it will be very helpfull.my prays are with you.

InshAllah1990
Newly Registered

Post by InshAllah1990 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Mysterious wrote:
Salaam, 

Again, I have had a look at past posts and they have been instances of the embassy not contacting the spouse and when the spouse has gone to the embassy directly the passport and visa has been ready. There was an example not long ago where the embassy said "we lost your contact details" which is an awful excuse! We are not really getting a service worth the price we pay. The passport might not be ready but I have had enough of waiting. So on that basis my wife is going islamabad tomorrow to make have a look. It might or might not be there, but there is only one way I am going to find out! :-)
Yeah sums it up, that's my exact thinking because everyone get it within two weeks, ur my mind twin lol. Word for word I was also saying[/quote]

Salam ,

I have question why we getting descion email when we sending an inquiry email.usually they send official mail of descion has been made.but after going throug this forum i have seen people getting descion made email after they enquired about thier status.Can some one explain why this happening why they not telling you untill you ask them.

Thanks

tiger girl

Post by tiger girl » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi everyone

Can someone please help me we got an email.and a call to resubmitt the nhs surcharge im on an appeal as u all no since August it says if applying from uk yes or no does that mean my husband who is the aplicant cos if i say no it says you cant do this if i say yes its all his details im very confused dont no what to doPLEASE HELP THANKS

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:05 pm

tiger girl wrote:Hi everyone

Can someone please help me we got an email.and a call to resubmitt the nhs surcharge im on an appeal as u all no since August it says if applying from uk yes or no does that mean my husband who is the aplicant cos if i say no it says you cant do this if i say yes its all his details im very confused dont no what to doPLEASE HELP THANKS
What has your solicitor said, phone the tribunal to ask them for an update and you are appealing from outside the UK as your husband is applying from Pakistan.
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

anxiouslywaiting

Post by anxiouslywaiting » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:46 am

Ive provided the following;
- copy of the actual certificate. (As they havent sent ours back)
- log in details for cambridge website (because they dont know how to use there own systems)
- Letter from grafton college stating the exam was taken and results are available online.
- Letter from Cambridge stating exam was taken.
- Confirmation of entry and timetable
- Statement of results page
- Also a copy of the page with results and photograph on it. (That they were unable to view).

I pray that InshAllah this should be enough for them.[/quote]

Just to let both you sisters know that my MP sent another strongly worded letter and also highlighted tbsp English certificate situation as a bigger issue to the home office and if no results are given this time he will bring it up next time he is in Westminster[/quote]

Hi raymondasaar n rosie i got an email ans a call from my mp she had a metting with the home office people and told her about the issue on cambridge she said its defo assuring that our appeal will get over turned but due to syria situation appeals are taking longer si just pray inshallah we all will get good news inshallah.[/quote]

Hi Tiger Girl,

Ive been reading your posts as we are in same situation my wifes visa got refused because they couldnt verify her results on cambridge website, can you please tell me how you got the copy of the results sheet with photograph that they were unable to view. Much appreciated thanks. Hope all works out for you in sha allah.

anxiouslywaiting

Post by anxiouslywaiting » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:47 am

tiger girl wrote:Hi everyone

Hi Tiger Girl,

Ive been reading your posts as we are in same situation my wifes visa got refused because they couldnt verify her results on cambridge website, can you please tell me how you got the copy of the results sheet with photograph that they were unable to view. Much appreciated thanks. Hope all works out for you in sha allah.

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:16 am

Mysterious wrote:Oh ok thanks Mentor, i thought you was applicant. Best of luck.

Yasir thats great news. our timelines are one day apart, online mine was 23 and bio was 27th, still didnt get anything even though my bio was one day before u but lets see, theres hope!!!

what time was ur email and text sent?
Email received at 5 o'clock

Got my passport today
Visa granted
Alhumdulilah

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:42 am

Salam guys,

Sorry to hear about refusal @anxiouslywaiting. My wife also did ket im just waiting for a phonecall I haven't got my hopes up though at all. Did you get a refund prior to collecting??

I hope they overturn these decisions its beyond ridiculous now

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 am

yasir143 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Oh ok thanks Mentor, i thought you was applicant. Best of luck.

Yasir thats great news. our timelines are one day apart, online mine was 23 and bio was 27th, still didnt get anything even though my bio was one day before u but lets see, theres hope!!!

Got my passport today
Visa granted
Alhumdulilah
Congrats and was that pak time?

I am running out of strength now :(

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:49 am

I am just joping the passport is there and gerrys are lazy lol.

waiting on response from mentor but more than likely i will send hubby next week even if no call.

rosie.x

Post by rosie.x » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:50 am

@anxiouslywaiting sorry to hear about your refusal.
Allah knows best. So dont stress yourself too much.

I got a copy of the results page from the college. I called them 1st and spoke to the head of that deparment.

But also email him: Bilalahmad@pk.graftoncollege.org

Request the as much docs from him as u can.

I would call them 1st because pakistanis are so stupid. Cant do anything right.
Documents submitted at ISB: 23/06/15
Visa refused: 18/09/15
Review & appeal submitted: 25/09/15
Payment taken: 09/10/15
Review deadline date: 15/02/16

anxiouslywaiting

Post by anxiouslywaiting » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 am

rosie.x wrote:@anxiouslywaiting sorry to hear about your refusal.
Allah knows best. So dont stress yourself too much.

I got a copy of the results page from the college. I called them 1st and spoke to the head of that deparment.

But also email him: Bilalahmad@pk.graftoncollege.org

Request the as much docs from him as u can.

I would call them 1st because pakistanis are so stupid. Cant do anything right.

Thank you Rosie, thats great help I will call them and try and get a results page with a photo

bas0508

Post by bas0508 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:12 am

Salaam

My wife recieved a phone call a few days ago, asking her how she was (by name) and asking her to confirm the telephone number on the screen. However due to bad weather the phone service was down, so cut off. its was a 020 number so a london ...hwoever we tried calling back, but it did not work.

Has anyone elses spouses had phone calls,what is this about?

They have not called her back.

confusedd_786

Post by confusedd_786 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 am

yasir143 wrote:

Got my passport today
Visa granted
Alhumdulilah
Congrats brother!! Wat is the time frame on visa fr traveling they have issued so far?

rosie.x

Post by rosie.x » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:31 am

zakikhan wrote:Salam guys,

Sorry to hear about refusal @anxiouslywaiting. My wife also did ket im just waiting for a phonecall I haven't got my hopes up though at all. Did you get a refund prior to collecting??

I hope they overturn these decisions its beyond ridiculous now

@zakikhan

Our visa was refused and i have still not received the refund. Assuming its because they knew we would defo appeal.
Documents submitted at ISB: 23/06/15
Visa refused: 18/09/15
Review & appeal submitted: 25/09/15
Payment taken: 09/10/15
Review deadline date: 15/02/16

zakikhan

Post by zakikhan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 pm

@rosie thanks for that. Hope they overturn these decisions quickly.

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:08 pm

There isnt any pattern as every case is different, like Yasir's bio date was after ours but hes got reply before us, so these people are worrying me at gerrys if they are delaying sending calls for no real reason. :(

Mentor_89
Newly Registered

Post by Mentor_89 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Congratulations Yasir. Mash'allah
Mysterious wrote:There isnt any pattern as every case is different, like Yasir's bio date was after ours but hes got reply before us, so these people are worrying me at gerrys if they are delaying sending calls for no real reason. :(
Hey Mysterious! My wife went in the morning. The passport was not there. It made me laugh though when she told me the man at the centre said it could take upto 6 months. This is after she told him the decision email has been sent! Like their generic emails online, even their answers in person are generic! The wait continues.... :-/

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Mentor_89 wrote:Congratulations Yasir. Mash'allah
Mysterious wrote:There isnt any pattern as every case is different, like Yasir's bio date was after ours but hes got reply before us, so these people are worrying me at gerrys if they are delaying sending calls for no real reason. :(
Hey Mysterious! My wife went in the morning. The passport was not there. It made me laugh though when she told me the man at the centre said it could take upto 6 months. This is after she told him the decision email has been sent! Like their generic emails online, even their answers in person are generic! The wait continues.... :-/
Thanks so much for letting me know, appreciate it that means we just got to wait it out. omg 6 months what a joke. WHOLE Application takes that long, not to gt passport back.