ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deception - Good character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waltwalter
Newly Registered

Deception - Good character requirement

Post by waltwalter » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please guide me to the following issue that I just came to know? At the moment I have ILR.

I submit my naturalisation application in Apr-15 and haven't heard anything yet.

I just came across Chapter 18 good character requirement and came to know I don't qualify for naturalisation as I used deception back in 2006 on other visa catagory. I didn't mention this in my application as I though they would only check 5 years back.

Can anyone please tell me whether I should withdraw my application or not? Clearly from chapter 18 it seems my application will be refused as I need to wait for 10 years before I can apply for naturalisation.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: Deception - Good character requirement

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm

What sort of deception did you use? Did you provide any false information?

You have already submitted application so it's best to wait, nothing you can do to reverse it..

ilr2014test

Post by ilr2014test » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

As per history you applied in May, unless that is wrong?

ntitlment: 5years (Tier 1)+1 year (ILR)
Documents. Life in UK & Degree in English
Application Method : Direct by post (NCS not used)
Date of application: 21/05/15
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22/05/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees:waiting: waiting
Date of acknowledgment:waiting
Date approval received:waiting
Date of ceremony waiting

Does anyone know when will UKVI send original documents like passport back? Do they send it earlier or hold onto them until they reach a decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:46 pm

ilr2014test wrote:Does anyone know when will UKVI send original documents like passport back? Do they send it earlier or hold onto them until they reach a decision?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waltwalter
Newly Registered

Post by waltwalter » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:49 pm

lynxukauq wrote:What sort of deception did you use? Did you provide any false information?

You have already submitted application so it's best to wait, nothing you can do to reverse it..
Deception was that I didn't obey the immigration rule and visa was cancelled. Sorry application was done in May-15.