ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemoon2

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 pm

@ iluvireland , where did you hear about this ? did inis tell you about this ceremony ?

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:43 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:@ iluvireland , where did you hear about this ? did inis tell you about this ceremony ?
On inis web

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Pls can someone advise me on what to do.i have applied for citizenship since Oct 2014 and up til now I have no response.i have received the second stage letter since February 2015 and nothing since then.I called INIS today and the lady said to me more information will be needed but it will take time before any letter is sent to me. Pls is this right? While I was applying I mentioned my only offence in the state which was failure to provide id when asked by garda and was fined which was paid on the spot which is almost 8 years ago.PLease is the lady just saying what she wants cos to me if they needed any information they won't have waited this long since February when I got my second stage letter.pls advise on what I can do now

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:18 pm

kofiasenji wrote:Pls can someone advise me on what to do.i have applied for citizenship since Oct 2014 and up til now I have no response.i have received the second stage letter since February 2015 and nothing since then.I called INIS today and the lady said to me more information will be needed but it will take time before any letter is sent to me. Pls is this right? While I was applying I mentioned my only offence in the state which was failure to provide id when asked by garda and was fined which was paid on the spot which is almost 8 years ago.PLease is the lady just saying what she wants cos to me if they needed any information they won't have waited this long since February when I got my second stage letter.pls advise on what I can do now
@kofiasenji I feel and empathise that waiting is never easy, particularly when it comes to this life changing event (for many people), if the lady has said that they require more info then you will certainly receive a letter regarding this. I reiterate that this is indeed an arduous and painful wait, however, therefore is no 2nd way to this. Keep faith and you will see the approval letter soon! as KingdomMan has also advised you earlier, trust and you will see yourself through. Given that people with speeding fine have received approvals, I would say there is much more to this than the offence you explained in your message above.

lthy
Newly Registered

Post by lthy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:33 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/ne ... d%20events

Dublin Citizenship Ceremony in December 2015

The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Monday 14th December, 2015. Candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.

This means I can't travel abroad on Dec 17 :(. I have already booked tickets.

kofiasenji

Post by kofiasenji » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:36 pm

@gracious thanks.i wish to state that is the only offence I have and not receiving social benefit.i have 3 irish kids with my new partner and 2 Irish kids from my previous relationship with an Irish lady.

lthy
Newly Registered

Post by lthy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello Guys,

Please I need your advise on this.

Today I got approval letter. I will be sending the 950 euro draft and garda card to INIS tomorrow.

Most likely I will be invited for 14 December 2015 ceremony in Dublin.

I'm travelling to India on 17 December 2015. Is ok to travel with my Irish citizenship document and Indian passport and after I return back to Ireland , I can apply for Irish passport and surrender my Indian passport?
please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 pm

lthy wrote:Hello Guys,

Today I got approval letter. I will be sending the 950 euro draft and garda card to INIS tomorrow.

I'm travelling to India on 17 December 2015. Is ok to travel with my Irish citizenship document and Indian passport and after I return back to Ireland , I can apply for Irish passport and surrender my Indian passport?
please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.
@ Ithy 1st and important question is, does India allow dual citizenship? If no then I doubt Indian authorities will be happy with this? I wouldnt take this risk!

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:20 pm

kofiasenji wrote:@gracious thanks.i wish to state that is the only offence I have and not receiving social benefit.i have 3 irish kids with my new partner and 2 Irish kids from my previous relationship with an Irish lady.
@kofiasenji then probably they require further clarification about this rather than your offence? its hard to speculate really. Please keep this forum posted!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:57 pm

notnow wrote:@iluvireland
Applied around end of April 2015 and confirmation of application May 2015 and Approval end of Oct 2015.

Can you please answer my question if i can travel after i submit my GNIB?
When will be the next ceremony date in 2015?
And if i pay now will i be in time for the next ceremony?
Of course you can travel without your GNIB card. You should only ensure you have a copy of your approval letter with you on any of your travels before you get your certificate of naturalization.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:01 pm

iluvireland wrote:I'm delighted to let you all know I got my approval letter today . So overwhelmed. Thank you all for the support all the way.
Kingdom Man you're the best. Helping people in the best possible way . I wish you and all waiting for their approval will get it soon .
My timeline is
Application received: 13/07/2015
1st acknowledgement:13/08/2015
2nd acknowledgement: 7/09/15
Approval letter dated: 27/10/15
All the best who are awaiting approval.
I am delighted at the news of your approval! Thanks for your kind words.. Congrats mate! :D

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:03 pm

lthy wrote:Applied - 23 May 2015
Ist letter - 28 May 2015
2nd letter - 29 July 2015
Approval letter - 27 October 2015.

I got my approval letter this morning asking me to pay 950 Euros and submit Garda card.
Wonder if there will be a ceremony before 15 Dec 2015...as I'm travelling on 17 Dec 2015 until 14 Jan 2016.

Bit worried now, if I will miss the ceremony or If I can travel or not. I have already booked the tickets.
There's a ceremony for the 14th of December. You sure can travel the next day of the ceremony with your certificate of naturalization. Congrats!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:07 pm

iluvireland wrote:Hi members
Am I allowed to bring my wife and child to the ceremony ?

Thanks
You can take your family with you to attand the ceremony. It's allowed.

wasay999
Newly Registered

Post by wasay999 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi guys
I got the approval letter today, I'm glad that they didn't delay my application. Thanks all and specially kingdomman for helping everyone here with your vast knowledge. I hope you all get the approval letters soon, thanks again guys for all the support.
Thanks

My timeline
Stamp 4 Irish spouse, applied on five years residency.
Application date 10/06/2015
First letter received: 17/06/15
Second letter received: 01/09/15
Approval dated 27/10/15 received today 29/10/15

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm

wasay999 wrote:Hi guys
I got the approval letter today, I'm glad that they didn't delay my application. Thanks all and specially kingdomman for helping everyone here with your vast knowledge. I hope you all get the approval letters soon, thanks again guys for all the support.
Thanks

My timeline
Stamp 4 Irish spouse, applied on five years residency.
Application date 10/06/2015
First letter received: 17/06/15
Second letter received: 01/09/15
Approval dated 27/10/15 received today 29/10/15
Congrats mate! Happy for you!! :D

lthy
Newly Registered

Post by lthy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Gracious2015 wrote:

please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.
@ Ithy 1st and important question is, does India allow dual citizenship? If no then I doubt Indian authorities will be happy with this? I wouldnt take this risk!
Thanks Gracious. No for India we don't have dual citizenship.

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:54 pm

lthy wrote:
Gracious2015 wrote:

please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.
Thanks Gracious. No for India we don't have dual citizenship.
Then i certainly wouldnt take this risk! if you decide to go ahead with your trip and have a different experience, then please do update this forum!!

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Kingdom man

When did you re apply ?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:22 pm

@ Ithy 1st and important question is, does India allow dual citizenship? If no then I doubt Indian authorities will be happy with this? I wouldnt take this risk![/quote]

Thanks Gracious. No for India we don't have dual citizenship.[/quote]

Then i certainly wouldnt take this risk! if you decide to go ahead with your trip and have a different experience, then please do update this forum!![/quote]

There's no need to create a panicky situation. He's only traveling to India as an Indian citizen and not as an Irish citizen and he'll only return to Irish borders as a new Irish citizen. He's free and safe to travel to India with his Indian passport and then can return here to Ireland on same Indian passport and can then present his Naturalization certificate to the officials at the borders for unhindered entry back to his country of Ireland! 8)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:26 pm

iluvireland wrote:Hi Kingdom man

When did you re apply ?
First applied November 2013 (Erroneously refused in January 2015) But since no room for an appeal, had to re-apply immediately in January 2015 meticulously stating my case. I am aware that this would take a longer time as well so I am really not perturbed as I know in the end I'll get approved. Thanks mate for calling out to me here! :)

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:39 pm

KingdomMan wrote:

When did you re apply ?
First applied November 2013 (Erroneously refused in January 2015) But since no room for an appeal, had to re-apply immediately in January 2015 meticulously stating my case. I am aware that this would take a longer time as well so I am really not perturbed as I know in the end I'll get approved. Thanks mate for calling out to me here! :)
Most of members from this forum want your approval.
Your so helpful.
God bless you and I wish your approval letter come in a weeks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:54 pm

iluvireland wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

When did you re apply ?
Most of members from this forum want your approval.
Your so helpful.
God bless you and I wish your approval letter come in a weeks
OH WOW!!! Thanks so much mate for your and everyone's best wishes!

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello All,

I am new to this Forum, My Citizenship Timeline is as below:-

Based on EU Fam 4:- 5 Year Residency

Applied on: 19th May 2015
Acknowledgement: 02 June 2015
Second Stage: 20 July 2015 (Up to date Gnib Card Requested).
Gnib Sent: 1 Aug 15 (No Acknowledgement on this) (Gnib based on Retention of Rights 6 Months)
Approval: Pending

Since Second stage letter no update from them, My case is processing through Lawyer, Should i expect approval in this month and can i make for Dec ceremony, Please suggest from your experiences,

Is it any harm if i can call them on Tuesday and ask for the up to date status as i never called them, And meanwhile if it is approved will they send approval to my Solicitor or they will send a copy to me aswell, As 1st Acknowledgement and Second stage was only sent to Solicitor.

Thanks in advance for updating me on this from your experiences.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm

dublin1924 wrote:Hello All,

I am new to this Forum, My Citizenship Timeline is as below:-

Based on EU Fam 4:- 5 Year Residency

Applied on: 19th May 2015
Acknowledgement: 02 June 2015
Second Stage: 20 July 2015 (Up to date Gnib Card Requested).
Gnib Sent: 1 Aug 15 (No Acknowledgement on this) (Gnib based on Retention of Rights 6 Months)
Approval: Pending

Since Second stage letter no update from them, My case is processing through Lawyer, Should i expect approval in this month and can i make for Dec ceremony, Please suggest from your experiences,

Is it any harm if i can call them on Tuesday and ask for the up to date status as i never called them, And meanwhile if it is approved will they send approval to my Solicitor or they will send a copy to me aswell, As 1st Acknowledgement and Second stage was only sent to Solicitor.

Thanks in advance for updating me on this from your experiences.
It's likely you get your approval soon and since you applied using a solicitor, your approval will come through your solicitor too. You may as well get an update on your application directly from the INIS by emailing: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie and stating your full names, address and application reference number. Good luck!

dublin1924
Newly Registered

Post by dublin1924 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks Kingdom Man!

Hopefully they don't need any clarification or further documents/clarification from me as second stage letter was received on 20th July,

Just a quick question if they don't want to approve within 6 Months will they write that to me or simply they will keep quiet and no reply from them.

And also since when the approvals will come once ceremony date is announced as date is announced on 14th Dec 15, Since when they will send approval and how long it will take for invitation letters after submitting docs, Thanks