ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility to work on Tier 2 while ILR is being processed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AllHopeLost
Newly Registered

Eligibility to work on Tier 2 while ILR is being processed

Post by AllHopeLost » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:49 pm

HELP !!!

Good day

I was on a T2G Visa, which my previous employer cancelled in July 2015. I worked for that employer from Sept 2008 until August 2015.

My current employer has a COS for me and is also my current sponsor.
I started with the new employer in Sept 2015 because in the meantime, I was told by Home Office, that I could continue working until I either made a NEW application for and got my T2G Visa ....OR.....applied for ILR.
So, I applied for ILR ON 19 October 2015 and H.O . received my application on 20 October 2015. However, up until today 29 October 2015, I have still NOT received a letter from Home Office confirming receipt of my ILR application OR a letter of curtailment due to the Previous employer cancelling my T2G Visa

What i am asking and imploring, via the moderators is to please PLEASE PLEASE refer me to a website link or just provide me with advice confirming that I CAN CONTINUE TO WORK, while my ILR is being processed

Everyday that passes is a day ....without INCOME and therefore I will be unable to pay RENT, BUY FOOD AND PAY BILLS or more Importantly in Home Office's view.........NOT PAY TAX.

After all, isn't this the ONLY thing that David Cameron and Theresa May Care about ???
Taking foreign Nationals TAX and then giving them......NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS!!!!!!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility to work while ILR is being processed

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 pm

You are unable to work for any other employer on your current Tier 2 visa sponsored by your previous employer. Your current visa is not valid anymore as you have left the sponsors employment.

The simplest thing would have been to apply for a Tier 2 G with a new sponsor, carry on working and then apply for ILR. You will not easily find employment now until your ILR outcome is decided.

You would only be able to work while waiting for your ILR application to be decided IF you were still working with your previous employer who you have left.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:36 pm

If you check the timelines for MN1 and Naturalization it is taking about 2 weeks to receive acknowledgement. Maybe this can be insightful for ILR as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... e#p1261593

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ?hilit=mn1

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:40 pm

quadusa wrote:If you check the timelines for MN1 and Naturalization it is taking about 2 weeks to receive acknowledgement. Maybe this can be insightful for ILR as well.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... e#p1261593

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ?hilit=mn1
ILR is a completely different to naturalisation and follows a different process. The OP will do better to look at ILR application timelines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

quadusa

Post by quadusa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Can you direct the OP to such timeline as I I can't find one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility to work on Tier 2 while ILR is being process

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:17 pm

There are many, depending on the route to ILR, in the 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' forum (the one just above the British Citizenship forum.

The OPs problem is going to be that he has a visa that his previous employer has in effect cancelled, the OP is not permitted to work at this stage as he does not have a visa to work on Tier 2 for another employer and he is now waiting for ILR, which can take a few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AllHopeLost
Newly Registered

Re: Eligibility to work on Tier 2 while ILR is being process

Post by AllHopeLost » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:37 pm

To CR001 and all others who replied.......THANK YOU very much for your replies :)

I did take heed of all the replies and advice given.

So Thank you all very much, Once again :) :D