ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur coming changes

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Entrepreneur coming changes

Post by Ali272 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi,

I just got an endorsement from my university for my business idea for one year. They confirmed my business idea is innovative and genuine. My investment requirement is also lowered from £200k to £50k and I also can use my own funding which they recently relaxed but only for Tier 1 Graduates Entrepreneur.

But I just read that Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) is going to propose radical changes to Tier 1 Entrepreneur from next year which will make it almost impossible to obtain Tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

Is that true? Should I be worried? I already have my own £50k and will invest the whole amount as a share capital in the next few weeks. I will also spend about £15k this year on my business.

Kind regards,

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur coming changes

Post by Ali272 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 am

anyone please?

Maks
BANNED

Post by Maks » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:33 am

Yes, big changes are expected, many say as soon as this November.

No one knows what exactly will change, but one thing is certain - the changes will not be for the better. There has been a lot of abuse with this route (Tier 1 Entrepreneur) and they are looking to fix it.

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:23 pm

the changes are alerady introduced in intail application and Extension application but they have published in the guidance notes !

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Guys, Please one question.

I am going to apply for my Tier 1 Graduate in the next two weeks. What if MAC comes up with new policy? Can Mac change immigration rules? Who changes immigration rules? Is there any risk that home office changes the route in the next two weeks?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Secretary of State/government changes immigration rules. They also don't change them over night, there is a lengthy process they have to follow and usually have to give about 40 days public notice of impending changes/fee increases etc. Most changes (big serious ones and fees) come into effect in April each year.

Perhaps you are overthinking things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Thank you so much Char.

I was really scared as I worked really really hard to get my university's endorsement. I thought they may change the whole thing or even close the route in the next two weeks.

May I please ask, what would happen to me as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur if they close the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route in April 2016? How about if they restrict the source of funds (only certain entities) in April 2016 as currently it could be my own funds?

Thank You again.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 am

Don't worry they will not close it over night. Government is so much confused about all visa categories. They don't know what to do can you believe there had been seven immigration bills in the last eight years and 45,000 changes to the immigration rules since Mrs May became home secretary in 2010, but decision making by border agencies did not seem to have improved.

Maks
BANNED

Post by Maks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:18 am

CR001 wrote:Secretary of State/government changes immigration rules. They also don't change them over night, there is a lengthy process they have to follow and usually have to give about 40 days public notice of impending changes/fee increases etc. Most changes (big serious ones and fees) come into effect in April each year.

I disagree... There are 2 times a year when changes are normally introduced - November and April. It was actually November 6th last year when they raised the Investor Visa requirement from £1m to £2m, and I don't remember them giving 40 days notice, I think it was about 2 weeks only.

A lot of immigration solicitors are expecting changes this coming November. We will see...

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you all. I am going to apply a few days earlier now as I can't risk.

Could anybody please tell me what would happen to a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur if they abolish this route in 2016?

Thanks

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Maks wrote:
CR001 wrote:Secretary of State/government changes immigration rules. They also don't change them over night, there is a lengthy process they have to follow and usually have to give about 40 days public notice of impending changes/fee increases etc. Most changes (big serious ones and fees) come into effect in April each year.

I disagree... There are 2 times a year when changes are normally introduced - November and April. It was actually November 6th last year when they raised the Investor Visa requirement from £1m to £2m, and I don't remember them giving 40 days notice, I think it was about 2 weeks only.

A lot of immigration solicitors are expecting changes this coming November. We will see...
But there should be some days to notice after changes announcement, don't they give, provided more then half of October is passed how is it possible to implement such changes in Nov on such a short notice

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:11 pm

"November" initially came from just that -- MAC expected report date in third week of Sept, plus 40 days. We have seen many cases when changes justified by MAC reports have been pre-drafted and announced within days of a report. Everyone pretty much knows what they want to do and it has been mulled over 100s of times. Policy drafting HO people sit in the same office with MAC people and they go to lunch together.

However now that MAC report has been delayed, obviously it it no longer November, so probably indeed no earlier than April now, but who knows with these ppl.

At any rate, the member who has just received T1GE endorsement will still be affected. That being said, I actually expect that perhaps effect on T1GE switchers should be minimal. But It's just a guess.

Plus HO likes to do stuff it doesnt consider "changes" and therefore claims it is exempt from notice. For instance if it decides to form a special multi-party commission to consider viability of business plans, this will not affect application requirements and would not require the notice conceivably -- but it will huge effect on process and outcomes.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:17 pm

By the way can someone here with contacts write to our friends at MAC and ask the what's up with that famous report that never came? Are we still even expecting me?

I am starting to feel that individual MAC employees have been suddenly instructed not to communicate with me because HO now considers me a well-known crazy person. ))

Maks
BANNED

Post by Maks » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:17 pm

sagareva wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Plus HO likes to do stuff it doesnt consider "changes" and therefore claims it is exempt from notice. For instance if it decides to form a special multi-party commission to consider viability of business plans, this will not affect application requirements and would not require the notice conceivably -- but it will huge effect on process and outcomes.

...Or, they can ask you to stick to the business plan/ company which you mention in your Visa application form. Of course your original business idea might fail, but they can at least ask you to report back on the activities of that company at the point of extending your visa. Too many people apply with "fake" business plans now..

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 pm

small update, I learned this week that MAC has in fact submitted the T1E report in the end of September, but govt is holding back on publication. I bet they are penning changes there.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Mac just issued their report. Wow.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Has anybody read the MAC report yet? I can't see any negative changes effecting Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneurs (People on £50k route). In fact they suggested that they should waiver the genuineness test for Tier 1 graduates trying to switch to the main category and increase initial visa duration from 1 to 2 year. The only change I can see is the interim annual reporting. What do you guys think? (However big changes for £200k route coming.)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Ali272 wrote:Has anybody read the MAC report yet?
This one?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eneurs.pdf

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Petaltop wrote:
This one?

Yes. What do you think? I am on the Tier 1 Graduate route. (£50k)

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Ali272 wrote:
Petaltop wrote:
This one?

Yes. What do you think? I am on the Tier 1 Graduate route. (£50k)
I think they have been reading this site. They seem to have picked up on all the abuse.