ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

Spouse visa

Post by FLR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:30 am

Dear all,

What are the requirments for getting my spouse visa as I already have my HSMP visa stamped, two months ago ? How much time does it take etc ...?

--Hafeez

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:24 am

Details for the BHC in Islamabad already posted in this thread :-

Immigration for family members

So why don't you contact them and ask?

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:34 am

I want to know if it is possible that my wife can get UK visa while being with me in US? Or it is required that she can get visa being in the same country where I applied ?

Doe any one have any idea ?

--Hafeez

John
United Kingdom

Where to apply?

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:44 am

The general rule is that the visa application should be made wherever the person is living, and that is of course not necessarily where they originate from.

So if your wife is living in the USA it is there that she would apply for her visa. The fact that you obtained your visa elsewhere is, I think, irrelevant.

However, if someone is merely a short-term visitor to somewhere that would not mean they should apply for their visa where they happen to be. An application should be made wherever the person is resident.

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:58 am

Thanks John,

How much time will my wife visa take being in US, any idea?

--Hafeez

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:14 am

It is not just a question of being in a particular country. The reason why or how is also important.

Simplistically, if a person was asked "Where do you live?", how would they answer? If I go on holiday to Spain for two weeks and while there I was asked that question, I would obviously not answer Spain, would I.

What are you envisaging doing? Getting your wife into the USA ... on what sort of visa? And after she arrives in the USA, how soon after she arrives in the USA would she be applying for a UK visa?

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:34 am

She will be going with me on L2 visa.
But after few months being there, if I plan to come to UK to get hold of my HSMP, I want my wife to be there in UK with me as well. But as she has no UK visa, though she will have L2 visa, I want to know how much time will my wife take to get UK visa being in US?

--Hafeez

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:56 am

Right, an L2 visa entitles her to live in the USA (subject to the visa conditions). That is, she will certainly not be a mere visitor to the USA.

Accordingly, especially after a "few months being there", I would not expect you to have a problem getting the British Embassy/Consulate in USA entertaining an application for a British visa.

How long would it take? Waiting times in the USA tend to be very short, hours or days, rather than weeks or months.