ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs - when to apply for dependant leave to remain

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramakrishna230
Newly Registered

Changing jobs - when to apply for dependant leave to remain

Post by ramakrishna230 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello All,
In how many days we need to apply for the new PBS dependent application ,if it is curtailed as the main applicant switched jobs and dint apply for the dependent as in this case.
Will there be any complications or will the dependent considered as overstayed?
Iam have changed the employer in June 2015 and have applied for the dependent as well.we both got our visas and are valid until June 2018.
However now i got another job and have to change the employers again.This time am thinking not to apply for the dependent and only thinking to apply if the dependent receives the curtailment letter.
Do i need to pay the NHS Surcharge again for my new application or can i apply for refund on June 2105 IHS reference?

really confused ,please advice.

thanks,
Ram.

vinny

Re: Changing jobs - when to apply for dependant leave to rem

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 am

I don't think that it's compulsory for dependants to prematurely extend at the same time as when the Main PBS Migrant changes employment or is granted ILR.

Unfortunately, some caseworkers are apparently also very confused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ramakrishna230
Newly Registered

Post by ramakrishna230 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks Vinny,
Iam thinking not to apply for dependent when i change the employer now.For any reason if her visa is curtailed later,can i apply her visa with out any complications after receiving the curtailment letter.
How soon i need to make the application after receiving the letter.Will she considered as overstayed because i dint applied for her based on my new employer change?
Please advice.

thanks,
Ram

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:09 pm

The curtailment notice should mention the date from which curtailment would be effective. Ffom the next day on, the person would be an overstayer.

One should apply within 28 days of becoming an overstayer. Applying for leave after this 28 days window will reset the ILR clock.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ramakrishna230
Newly Registered

Post by ramakrishna230 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta for helping me out on Curtailment.

Can you please help me with the NHS Surcharge part as well.
I have changed the employer in June 2015 and paid the NHS surcharge for 3 years i.e upto June 2018.
Now iam changing the employer again in Nov 2015.What is the process i have to follow for NHS Surcharge now.

Please advice,

regards,
Ram